In Memory of Olivia Comfortghan DONE

yarnlover66

In November my brother lost his wife Olivia. Many of you sent me squares. I finished the trim on the afghan today. I have yet to weave in the ends, but I plan to do that in the next couple days. I am anxious to give it to my brother. A lot hours were put into this not by just me but by the 13 other people that contributed squares and to you I say thank you for making this possible.

Olivia used to knit and my brother gave me some of her yarn. I used that yarn to put the comfortghan together and to do the trim. That will mean a lot to my brother.

Here is the pic

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/Crochet%20Projects/comfortghan2006.jpg

You did a beautiful job putting the squares together. I am sure that your brother will love it.

The loss of a loved one is hard. Knowing this was made with love and comfort in mind can be a big help to those left behind.

teresa, you did a wonderful job putting the ghan together. i hope that this will bring your brother some comfort to know others care about him and of course you. i am honored to have been able to help. hang in there sweetie, life eventually will get a little better. you hurt so bad at first, is like a open wound, but as time goes by, the healing of your spirit starts and is like the wound is closing, never forgotten, but not as painful. please let me know if there is anything else i can do for ya. am glad you are doing alright girl. huggggs to ya and your family:hug :hug :hug

It turned out gorgeous, Teresa! I hope it will bring your brother some comfort (and you, too), just in knowing some people out there do care. I wish I could have helped with some of the squares. :hug

Tina

You put that together very lovely. What a nice touch to use some of her yarn. You found a way to include her in it also. I am sure he will just love it. All the ladies that sent you squares did a great job also. It is very pretty.:hug

I gave the comfortghan to my brother Tuesday along with a letter explaining the message behind them. I also took a picture and numbered the squares with my program on my computer along with a list down the side of who and where the squares are from. I explained how I used Olivia's yarn to piece it together and to trim the afghan out.

As he was reading my letter tears were running down his cheeks and he folded the letter up, put it back in the envelope and said, "this is neat--I've never heard of anything like this--it is neat." Then he covered up with it all the way to his chin and visited with me for another hour. When I left he was still covered up with it. I know he really appreciates it. Thank you everyone who helped me make it possible.

:hug :hug :hug

Swettie, Im so gald he loved it and it helps him get through this rough time. My pleasure to help anyway I could. I know it's not easy for you, But you keep you head up and stay strong your brother will need you lots. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

:hug I'm glad your brother liked the afghan. This brought tears to my eyes. 3 years ago, my 17 year old sister was killed in a car accident and we saved all of her jeans and are hoping to make a jean quilt with them (my mom, myself and my other sister). We haven't been to good about making the time to do it yet though. For a long time my mom just couldn't and then my other sister was busy planning her wedding. I think I'll mention it next time I talk to my mom. Maybe she's ready.

Hugs!

Archived