Favorite Place to Crochet

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sit for 45 minutes each day in hte pick up line at school for my daughter. I crochet all the while I sit there. I made a afghan blanket in 3 months doing this. Will give it to my son for Christmas.

Ready to start another one as I just finished this one.

But school will be out in a few days so I will have to come up with a new time and place for my crochet hour.

i can tell you the one place which is NOT my favorite. the hospital, but am sure getting a lot done there:lol :lol mostly i like to sit either in the lawn swing and crochet outside, or i like to sit in the loveseat with my heatpack and crochet till i am blue in the face LOL:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl but definetely not the hospital for sure:D vicki

My favorite place to crochet is outside while my kids are playing, but since I have to keep a constant eye on my kids (especially my youngest) I usually end up crocheting on the couch at night after they are in bed.:manyheart

Propped up in bed by the light of my broken hanging lamp, especially with the window open for the fresh air and extra light, my portable CD player feeding me my beloved classic rock. I also do it in the arm chairs in the living room if I'm watching TV.

One time, though, when I was a high school freshman, I was crocheting for a school project and I crocheted in my AVID class! I wouldn't have, but a popular senior was doing counted cross stitch for her senior project, and she worked on it in class. AVID is an all-grades college prep course, but when nothing's going on at the moment it becomes study hall.

My teacher, who had a hairtrigger temper, howled at me to stop knitting. I gave her a dirty look and stopped, and later informed her a) that I was crocheting and b) that it was for my French project. She was very contrite and I crocheted for the rest of the period. :D

Some of my favorite places are: home on the couch with a cat snuggled up next to me, while role playing at a friend's apartment, at the telescope, in the car, and at work during a long talk.

My chair, with quiet all around me. No TV, no radio, and the dogs are napping. :hook

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite place is on my couch, snuggled up under a blanket (I'm working on a crocheted afghan to snuggle under) with my partner at the computer in the corner.

When we moved in together we didn't have a lot of room, and the computer was in the bedroom. I studyed and fell alseep many many times to him typing things, and I find it really comforting to hear him tapping away!

My most useful place to crochet is in the dentist's waiting room. I have a fear of dentists (not sure why, I have perfect teeth) and crocheting gives me something else to think about. Sometimes older women will come and chat to me and say how nice it is to see a younger person crocheting! That definately take my mind off it.

I have a nice big recliner I got for a babyshower gift(yes a babyshower gift) that I sit in to crochet. It reclines all the way back for naps, but I recline it just enough to prop my feet up(I'm short) and set my yarn on. And then of course I have the side table where I have all the other stuff I need.

I have two favorite places:

(1) My couch. I have one corner all set up with a project basket, coaster, and the TV remote! It's a cozy place.

(2) My car. I always have a car project to work on if I get stuck waiting for my husband or at an appointment or something. I really like crocheting in my car. It's quiet and I'm rarely interrupted.

We moved into a new home last Oct 1st and my NEW favorite place to crochet is on the front/side porch. Our house has a wrap around porch, which was always a dream of ours and I love every minute of it!! Unfortunately, living in the northeast weather only permits this for a short span, so I'll enjoy it while I can. (Too hot, lately)

My usual fav is sitting on the couch in the livingroom with DH, "watching" tv. We have a couple of fav shows and we really like movies. I love to crochet while we're watching....

Simple pleasures (sigh....):c9

After much angst, we finally purchased a new sofa/loveseat set. One of the major considerations was that it had to be comfortable and convenient to use for crocheting. :-) And it is. I sit in the loveseat recliner, next to my daylight lamp with attached container to hold my hooks, needles, scissors and clip for patterns, with my quilted carryall, my basket for leftover balls, and a small trash can for...whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to crochet at my Aunt's house on her little couch while she does her own craft stuff and we talk and such, it's really fun and I tend to get more done when I can talk about it with somebody.

After that, in bed propped up listening to music is usually choice.

My favorite place to crochet?

I guess at the moment its in the livinmgroom on the corner of the couch with the A/C hitting me while i watch my grnadson.

I also lovce to crochet outside when its not to hot. I love to take it along camping.

Or in my craft room But thats rare because i am always watchjing my gransonn and he isn't allowed in it

be blessed

Mickie

I love to crochet in bed, propped up in the pillows :) Next time we go camping, I will bring a project too, and I have a feeling that will soon become a favorite space too, sitting in front of our caravan, enjoying the sunshine :)

Archived