Favorite Place to Crochet

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite place to crochet?

Sittting in livingroom on the couch at night after everyone else has gone to bed with the stereo or tv on softly. I also like to crochet at the beach or at the park while my DD plays.

Hmmm....right now, the corner of my sofa with a bunch of pillows at my back & the a/c on full :) That where I get the best light. Someday I'd like to fix up a nice spot under my cherry tree to crochet & read when the weather's nice.

Alosha

My favorite place would have to be in my comfy chair out in our Florida room. The light is perfect out there and that's where you'll find me as long as it's not too hot or too cold (it's not heated).

:hook Tammy

This weekend I was on the train for 3 hours there and 3 hours back and I loved it! I did so much.

When I think about it, I also love to crochet when we drive to my hometown (5.5 hours each way) and my "husband to be" drives...or as a matter of fact whenever he drives.

I realized that my favorite place to crochet is on the move...double tasking: being on my way somewhere and crocheting

"My chair" is a recliner that no longer reclines but is still extremely comfy. All my 'stuff' is stacked on two tables on either side. It's where I spend most evenings.

I also keep a small project in the car for those times that I have to sit and wait.

In the rocking chair in the living room. :) It's the most perfect place ever - it's perfectly comfy, and I have a little table right beside me to put my yarn and any other supplies I may need on so they are in reach.

Guilty: Right in front of the computer. I always have to type patterns in and I get annoyed when I sit in front of the t.v. I always lose count and wind up scratching down the pattern. The handwriting just isn't there...lol

• 8 months later...

I love to crochet in my favorite ugly chair and matching footstool.

But I do it and enjoy crocheting wherever I have a wait - doctor's office, DMV, waiting to pick up my son, waiting for the jeep to get serviced. I'm not really good at standing and crocheting, but then again, I have a hard time walking and chewing gum.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well my crochet corner ended up in my bedroom. I didn't mean for it to--it just kinda did. Our bedroom is a converted attic with hardwood floors. Our bed is from Japan (from when my hubby lived there) and it is low to the ground. I call the room "the treehouse." I love to crochet in bed and watch horror movies! :devil My husband says he has gotten used to the sounds of screaming coming from upstairs. :lol I keep my laptop on the bed at the same time (god bless wireless) and usually keep it open to crochetville. I wanna see what everyone's up to! Somewhere along the line there might be a bowl of ice cream involved. Somehow I've never gotten ice cream on the crochet, or the white muslin bedspread! :eek Keep your fingers crossed for me on that one!

I have my lovely crochet chair at home, but I've found a new 'comfy spot'... my job location just recently transferred from near LA Airport to West LA and I am assigned parking spot 13 right under a huge tree... I face towards a short wall and the tree and squirrels like to play there all day long! They jump from the little wall to the tree, and run around the trunk, and then jump to the next tree... They are so cute! So at lunch I sit in my truck with both sunroofs open and crochet and watch the squirrels... It is so peaceful! And I'm making progress on a really repetative pattern for a shrug that I just adore from the Vintage Crochet for Today book!

• 8 months later...

My favorite place to crochet would be either Starbucks or Barnes and Noble. Both are places that you can hang out at for a couple hours uninterrupted and just relax. Nothing better than sitting down in a big comfy chair with a mocha...or whichever specialty coffee I'm craving and being able to crochet with either their background music, or my mp3 player.

My rocking chair in the living room is my favorite place to crochet, especially since I have all my things around me to do it...even things I don't need right at that moment, but just might at any given mood swing. :hook

I also like to crochet on the screened-in porch during the warmer, but not hot, weather.

Other places would include anyplace I can comfortably take my yarn and hook.

Mine has to be at the beach. I spread out a nice blanket, put up my lawn chair and watch the kids play in the water and sand and crochet away. I love the time between 6 pm and sunset. The cool air, the waves gently crashing on the beach, the pretty colors in the sky, etc. are an end to a perfect summer day. Only two months until my beach opens! I can hardly wait.

:manyheart

Probably on my bed. I can spread things out. I am usually watching tv or movies. It is very comfy and it is also the warmest room in the winter and the only room with AC in the summer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived