How did you get to be a member of Crochetville?

Guest labcrazy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christine and I happened to be looking, from our respective computers, at different square patterns online. I decided to dig around ezboard for an active community. I already belong to a few other communities on ezboard, and I love the format, and this is what I found. I showed it to Christine, and she was just as impressed as I am, so we both decided to join.

Guest ParchedWhisper

I haven't been here that long, but I don't really remember. Just that the nights and days were bleak unfilled with crochet goodness. The one day the sun shone down on this little slice of the web and happiness once again filled my life.

No really. I love this board and all the people are so friendly and are willing to help no matter how insane my requests are. Plus I love looking at what everyone else is doi ng. this is just the best crochet board out there.:cloud9

I joined ezboards awhile ago but hadn't really done anything with it ... came back and started searching for different topics of interest. On a whim, I typed in "crochet" - I hadn't really ever crocheted, other than attempting to learn at 12 and then a completely botched attempt at a baby blanket for my godson, and had decided to try yet again to make a baby blanket for my best friend - anyway, this board came up. I started browsing and it was like coming home. It seems to have all the pieces you need - help, inspiration, friends, variety ... there's more, but those stick out.

Seriously - this is one of the coziest, homiest online places I've found. I'm glad to have found it - I now have a new hobby that I absolutely LOVE and that has helped give me something outside the "Mom Zone" (have four kids in 5.5 years and you'd undersatnd what I mean :hee ). This is the only public board I go to anymore.

just my:twocents ...I had seen the link to Crochetville on several different sites that I frequent. Every one of them mentioned the swaps and had pictures of the loot. I decided I'd join in the fun because I'm new to crochet and my supply stores aren't that grand...yet. Plus, I got some things for Christmas that I just don't really know what I want to do with. The reason I've decided to stay here is the kindness that I've read in all the posts, the welcomes I've received, and just the whole vibe I get here. It's very positive and refreshing. I'm here to stay!! I've been looking for something like Crochetville since I picked up a hook!

:cloud9 :)h :bounce :hug2 :yay2 :woohoo

I did the same thing Mommiechickie did... was going through crochet blogs and found a link to Crochetville from there. I don't remember whose site it was, but here I am. :))

~Tricia

• 1 month later...

I found it through "blogging". I think YarnGirl and YarnTomato's sites, I saw the button and said "Hey they have a Crochetville?! I need to be there!":lol My husband when he saw me at Crochetville laughed, "They have a Crochetville?"

Tina

timelesscreations.blogspot.com

I was already a member of an Ezboard community for American expats living in Australia. One day I just did a community search on ezboard for my loves, photograph and crochet. That's how I stumbled upon Crochetvile! :manyheart Just over a year ago now!

Bec

Though I don't recall the exact blog, I know I read about it through a blog. I think someone was talking about an exchange or secret pal, and that's what "hooked" me! I love doing secret pal stuff, exchanges, etc.

I've been a member of Yahoo groups for crocheters, and have always left within a couple of months. I can't say what it is, but I really like this group and have made a lot of friends!:manyheart

~ Lori

• 4 weeks later...

How did you get to be a member of Crochetville?

I was looking for hat patterns at Crochet Pattern Central from there I was sent to Crochet by the hook and I saw the little button for crochetville and I click on it, am I glad I did that ,because ever since then I've been coming to crochetville even though I wasn't a member. I found crochetville at the beginning of the year , then I heard they were moving so I waited and got brave and join.:manyheart

When I first started blogging, I featured both my crocheting and knitting projects, but I only saw knitting blogs. Then I looked up crocheting blogs, and was pleasantly suprised to find Donna' blog and Julie's blog, and they both had links to my blog:yay .

I started corresponding with them, and learned about Crochetville through them.

• 1 month later...

Archived