How did you get to be a member of Crochetville?

Guest labcrazy

I can't quite recall how I got to Chelle's blog, I think it was through a knitting blog, but I found Crochetville from her Love To Crochet blog. I lurked for a couple of weeks and then took the plunge. Haven't come up for air since, lol!

I :manyheart it here!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on about.com had mentioned Crochetville. I was looking for a group that did crochet-a-longs because I usually tend to finish things then. I guess we all have life happening to us, so if the A long goes on for a long time, it helps all of us!

I have been encouraged to do more than afghans as a result of joining. I've since done over 40 towel toppers (yeah, well that's my mom's fault) and I am still in the middle of a crocheted bag to be finished during June. My family can only stand so many afghan, so I needed to branch out. Unfortunately, my eye sight prevents me from working with thread crochet or fine yarns...alas.

I, too, :compute here from Donna's Yarn Tomato site.

And I am so glad I did! I'm already involved in the ripple-along, a comfortghan, and can send my boyfriend to evey yarn shop in Austria!

Thanks for making me feel so :welcome !

:rose Catherine

I love reading blogs... found a crochet blog (which I had no idea even existed at the time), began visiting other crochet blogs through her link, and then found Crochetville. I love it!

I stumbled across this board while looking for crochet patterns on the web. I lurked around for a while before taking the plunge and actually registering. But I love it here. There are a lot of nice people and wonderful crochet information and pics.

**julie

A knitting buddy told me about blogs on another forum, so I started a blog just to put crochet pics up & then began searching other crochet blogs. Found the button on someones blog & here I am! I am so glad I found it!

• 1 month later...
Guest Crafterlady46

I found if on google. I wanted to be a part of something great. I have now found it.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot remember how I got here either but I do know I waited a little while before I started posting regularly. Now I am glad I found it and started posting I have met some great people here.

Having a blast...

Amanda:hook

I cannot remember how I got here either but I do know I waited a little while before I started posting regularly. Now I am glad I found it and started posting I have met some great people here.

Having a blast...

Amanda:hook

Hi! I don't want to copy, but I have the same answer as Amanda. ;)

I'm not exactly sure. Could have been when I was searching for premie patterns and patterns for charity to work up for my local neonatal unit. Or maybe it was when my search for local crochet groups turned up nothing and I started searching for a online crochet group.

Either way, I'm :cheer glad I got here!

• 5 weeks later...

I was looking for afghan patterns and just like AidanM I followed a link from Crochet Pattern Central. Read a few posts ... and a few more ... lurked for a few weeks ... and when I realized when a genuinely wonderful bunch of folks inhabited this little slice of the internet, I was hooked. Pun fully intended :D

I too found my way here from Pam's blog and was really really interested in making the 63 squares CAL and I signed up promptly only to discover that my MIL had the book!!:( But now that the book is back with me I am yet to start it lol!!! Still figuring out the colors that would go together!!!!

But I must admit that it has been so much fun being here even though I am not able to actively participate in swaps and such!! Thanks to all for making this a cosy place !!!

Hugs

Vims

Archived