How did you get to be a member of Crochetville?

Guest labcrazy

I was just lucky to find my way here, Through searches for different things I was linked to crochetville. Then I lurked for a bit and then decided to join. I love it..........everyone I've dealt with has been exceptional :clap

I've even set Crochetville as my homepage :c9

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reminder! Duh - when I log on first thing when I get home every day I come here, don't know why I didn't think to set this as my home page, lol! I have it set that way at work (from my secret access location - they don't know about it and therefore it's not monitored like everything else, shhhh!).

I'm all set now for CVille to load automatically when I start my browser. :cheer

I am real slow at learning new things. Not sure if this is the right place to post this kind of thing. There are so many topics it's overwhelming!

It was nice to read this section of messages finding out where people are from and stuff. Can someone explain more about what blogs and swaps are? Oh yeah, who is the founder of this group and how do we thank them?

I found you guys on another list, not sure which one, can't remember, the mind goes with age.

Great Idea about setting this as my home page:cheer Now if I only knew how to do it I would be all set:think If someone will post how this is done I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know. This will drive my husband crazy. :blush But everytiime I want to look at "Crochetville" he is looking at "Crappieville" or something like that. (its a fishing site)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess no one else is confused, but me. I ask questions and no one answers. Maybe I am too much of a beginner internet person to be here. I can't find places where I sent a message before, can't follow the conversations, can't figure out where to go, too many posts, anyone that can give help in a private email or whatever, I do want to try.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Len :)

I am also a new neighbour, registered last night:cheer

I am used to forums, but not the size of crochetville:) The best thing is that it is so Big, because it is so fantastic:clap

I started to look at the headings of each post, and one of the posts is about getting to know the forum and other crocheters.

When you log in you can go directely to new post or your own posts:)

That way you will have control:clap

I appologize for my bad english, but I am from Norway:yay

Just send me a message if you need any help:hook

I found crochetville by looking through crochet blogs on the internet:manyheart

I am real slow at learning new things. Not sure if this is the right place to post this kind of thing. There are so many topics it's overwhelming!

It was nice to read this section of messages finding out where people are from and stuff. Can someone explain more about what blogs and swaps are? Oh yeah, who is the founder of this group and how do we thank them?

I found you guys on another list, not sure which one, can't remember, the mind goes with age.

A blog is an online journal. You know how lots of people write notes about what they did on paper? A blog is an online web-log...you can post pictures and talk about your projects or your life.

You'll be able to see the swaps section of C'ville once you have 40 posts. People sign up to make, give, and receive different things.

The founder of Crochetville, I believe, is Pam. She is no longer here. She handed the reins over to a member that was with Crochetville from the very beginning, the now-owner of Crochetville, our wonderful Donna of http://yarntomato.com

Hope this helps!

i am sorry your having a hard time what questions did you have? i would be happy to try and help you;)

I guess no one else is confused, but me. I ask questions and no one answers. Maybe I am too much of a beginner internet person to be here. I can't find places where I sent a message before, can't follow the conversations, can't figure out where to go, too many posts, anyone that can give help in a private email or whatever, I do want to try.

Hello Barbara,

to set crochetville as your home page , go to the Tools on your internet explorer menu (the one you get as soon as you open IE) and click on it. You will get an option called "internet options" click that and it will show you some settings ; the first one being the home page option. Type in the URL of the page you want to be set as the home page and then click apply and ok. You should be all set!

hope this is as clear as mud!!!

If you have any more questions please ask:)

hugs

Vims:manyheart

Great Idea about setting this as my home page:cheer Now if I only knew how to do it I would be all set:think If someone will post how this is done I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know. This will drive my husband crazy. :blush But everytiime I want to look at "Crochetville" he is looking at "Crappieville" or something like that. (its a fishing site)

Guest Crafterlady46

I found it looking for a domain name for my own website. Course it was taken so I got another one. Good group of crafters here. Friendly too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Well, I stumbled upon Crochetville while madly googling looking for simple crochet instructions so I could try to teach myself how to do more than the tiny bit I did as a child. The very next day I went out and bought 5 skiens of yarn and a multi pack of hooks. I will get it!

I can't remember if I answered this or not.

Back in March or April of 2005 I was looking at articles for here in Seattle and

came upon a tote called Pikes Place Market Tote by a lady named Skamama. So I clicked on her site and she had a link to Crochetville and I thought that sounds interesting and have been here ever since. Thanks Skamama, never did figure out what the name means though :think

I just found it yesterday. I was looking online for "free crochet patterns", and this site was linked to one of the hairpin lace patterns. It was one of the few patterns on that site that I actually liked! :P

I was doing a google:google search for a shawl pattern and saw HollyM's lovely butterfly shawl:bheart....I clicked on the link, and it brought me here.......I lurked for a few days trying to navigate around:compute and get the "feel" of the place...then I introduced myself and jumped in with both feet! This is the Best place :tupon line for me!

Well, first I had to write an essay. And then I won the yodeling competition. Next, I came in second in the bathing suit competition. Luckily, the winner had to bow out due to a tragic falsie accident (she had stuffed her bathing suit top with a couple of balls of novelty yarn). So, they picked me. And I've been around ever since. :clap

Archived