What do you have to have by your side while you crochet?

...i always have EVERYTHING by me when i crochet...hehe...i have this huge bag with all my hooks, a ton of yarn, scissors, a notebook, several colors of pens...and my cell phone, my camera, my coffee, and all sorts of various crafty items....buttons, ribbons, scrap material...i am quite a designer and have to have everything by me or i get relaly frustrated because i usually make things up as i go and have to see everything as i change it...

...Manda...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually work next to my computer so I need to have the computer on and preferably on the net;) , my thread bag (stuffed to the top), my yarn basket in case I need a break from the doily , my scissors, tape measure(infact I got so many tape measures that I leave on in each room so if i forget i am covered!!) , pattern printout (don't like to mess my books ) a scratch notepad to make any notes about the pattern and my coffee!

this was a nice question!!

hugs

Vims

I have a table with a alka selzer bottle (the old glass kind) full of hooks, a couple of jars full of knitting needles, scissors, felting needles with felt forms, to needle felt the ends in as I go. An Ott light is a must because I work all night. TV and DVD remotes, I watch Johnny Depp movies over and over, and only look up at the appropriate music cues to see a scene I like.

Deb

Usually a drink of some type, a pencil for notes or changes ( I never actually seem to use the hook indicated in the pattern, or you find a pattern that's got a mistake in it), the remote, a dog or two, pattern, scissors, stitch markers, and every now and then a kid comes along and says "who's that for?"

What do you have to have by your side while you crochet?

I have to have my small kit, a divided make-up bag, which contains my favorite hooks, safety pins, yarn needles, bobbins, 2 pairs of scissors, a "Knit-Chek" gauge and small ruler, tape measure, a small seam ripper, two pens and some small cards to scribble notes on.

By my side I also need a notebook to write in, something to drink and two chihuahuas! Both our little guys like to curl up on either side of me while I crochet, so as long as I'm not working on something large, I enjoy that.

Thanks for asking! :)

uh, wine....
:cheer

I agree wholeheartedly! In addition to all the other things everyone has listed (gotta add the nail file), I always have my glass of wine with me! (zipper bag with hooks, meas tape, markers and needles, basket with project, 3 dogs and a cat)

I stumbled upon her blog the other day and marveled at all the wierd and wacky things there! Go Monster Asparagus!

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from an ever increasing amount of projects in various stages my dog:hook she loves to be with me when i crochet or spin. She nudges me when she wants a break to play ball though and its usually at the most inconvenient time for me. When i'm in the middle of something i'm trying to concentrate on of course!:devil Jacqui

Yepp ! I am like this:lol

...i always have EVERYTHING by me when i crochet...hehe...i have this huge bag with all my hooks, a ton of yarn, scissors, a notebook, several colors of pens...and my cell phone, my camera, my coffee, and all sorts of various crafty items....buttons, ribbons, scrap material...i am quite a designer and have to have everything by me or i get relaly frustrated because i usually make things up as i go and have to see everything as i change it...

...Manda...

I have everything organized by my easy chair. Safety pins in a small jar, pens pencils, hooks. ruler, scissors, kleenex, sewing needles, nail clippers that have a file attached. other small things I may need.

Yarn in a clear plastic zipper bag that sheets came in.

All the the things I need are in one place....An office desk organizer. In the areas between the compartments I have melted small holes to hold the needles for sewing the ends in. I also have Aleens "OK to wash it" glue to make sure the ends don't come undone.

I have given the desk organizer idea to all my crochet friends and they said they wouln't be without it now. I actually pop up with brainy ideas once in awhile.;)

• 3 months later...

Well, that depends.

If I sit in my chair then my little Maltese, Spike with his head on my leg.

If I am on the sofa then my Lab sometimes with her head on my lap which makes for some awkward crocheting:hook

I have the normal, scissors, coupld of hooks, extra yarn in case I run out.....then I have a bottle of water, tv remote, phone, nothing can bother me then. I also usually have to wrestle with at least one of my 7 cats to for my yarn or to get off whatever it is that I'm working on. You gotta love 'em though.

Lisa

My leopard print (fake fur) pencil case that holds my tape measure, scissors, hooks, needles, odds and ends...they are all my bestest friends when I crochet...

I keep the same things most of you do as well. I am able to start working on projects after dinner because that is when we watch the doggie movie. (Homeward Bound). I have all the usual things with me plus phone, tv remote, blanket on my lap and the best part, a sweet little two year old boy snuggling in my lap and playing with the yarn as I crochet. Not the eastiest way to crochet but it is definitely the nicest right now.:c9

Well I definately have to have a pair of scissors next to me. I like to have a tape measure but most of the time it's MIA when I need it. I also MUST have a pen and a coca-cola.

I also like to have the WIP bag that I'm using for that project so I can readily put it away quickly if needed.

I'm boring...LoL All I keep with me is an extra hook, and the remote control. Oh, and my kids if they feel the need to climb on me. I usually have to get up and hunt for the scissors...you'd think I would just learn to keep them near me.:blush

Archived