What do you have to have by your side while you crochet?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually I end up just having the project & hook, plus a glass of water. And of course every few minutes I'm getting up to get something else; pair of scissors, different hook, different pattern, scrap yarn, etc.

If only I planned ahead! :lol But I'm usually grabbing crochet time where I can get it.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bag O' Crochet supplies, and my TV remote. I am usually crocheting on my couch so I tend to spread. I have a neat pic here...

FullProduction0909

If you are wondering, the TV remote is either under a pattern or on the floor behind the crate.

my crochet supply pouch which has extra hooks, scissors, tape measure, stitch counter, plastic needle, the tv remote and a cup of coffee. Don't need the portable phone - I have teenagers and half the time I don't even hear the phone ring before one of them has picked it up!!!

I usually just have my yarn, scissors and the pattern with me. Maybe a drink, although I find I never get around to drinking it as my hands are busy :lol

But now we have a new dog and some things have changed...

(please ignore the bad hair and sweats, I just finished playing outside with my son :) )

Picture143.jpg

• 5 months later...

My male cat, Buddy. he is also known as "My Knittin' Buddy".

He is not happy until he's draped over one thigh, and the yarn is tickling and trailing over his ears between the skein and my work. He closes his eyes and purrs when the yarn is running between his eyes. Really!

His sister (Missy) just wants to walk back and forth across my lap, shoving her head into any yarny openings in the work until I shoo her away because she's trying to gnaw the needle or yarn. Such an attention whore, she is.

I am a life member of the Home Arts Club and they sent me a large tote on wheels with like 100 pockets and a large area for supplies. I keep that to my left,basically it has everything I would ever need in it and to my right I keep my hook case, a couple needles, scissors, and a small tupperware bowl(to hold the ends that I cut off after weaving, so they don't fall on the floor!),a glass of water, my cell, and the remote(s). Thats all I mean who needs more?

I have Pepsi,scissors ,extra hooks, the tv remote, cell phone, reg.phone, and usually my :cat likes to sit on the project Iam working on if it is big enough one like a afghan.

A cosmetic bag filled with extra hooks, needles and scissors. A pattern if needed. Also must have a Diet Coke or water and the tv remotes. My ds is now 10 months and crawling and into everything so I sit on the floor and try to keep him busy with books and toys for as long as he will allow. He gets a big plastic hook and a skein of yarn to distract him for awhile. I love this question, everyone somewhat the same, but the differences are neat!

My Daily Ration of Heavenly Dark Chocolate, Water Bottle and the Remote (Stereo or TV one), An Great Grandmas old glass basket ( sort of like a pencil holder with a handle out of leaded glass) filled with hooks, a seam ripper etc., and my granny glasses! Oh and a small stack of Post it notes I use them to mark places in patterns or books and scribble notes to myself or count repeats on.

:D

I have the remote, scissors, hooks, needles, jelly beans and if it is before noon, coffee....afternoon sweet tea. I also have whatever book I am currently reading so when I get ticked off at the crochet, I can put it down and read. My little dog, Snoodles, is always on the loveseat to my left.

I always have my tote bag with my yarn, hook, measuring tape, and a piece of yarn to use for a marker. I have to stop so much that I can't count every stitch every time. If the kids are in bed, princes (my cat) is on the back of the couch. And I always have the TV remote and a Coke or bottle of water.

Archived