Pattern for Cable purse w/ bangle handles

MsSunflwr

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used clear handles, wood ones are nearly impossible to find. Next time I think I will make it a bit wider, but this was the specifications that my friend wanted.

Fabulous purse!

I went to Michael's and found the purse handles. Our Michael's has clear and wooden and bamboo handles. I think I've even heard of some people using the plastic lids from coffee cans and butter tubs. (They wrap the yarn all the way around the plastic.)

I love the cable look. I just got a couple books "From Knit to Crochet" and "From Needle to Hook" that gives equivalent stitch patterns and so I'm going to be looking through that for the different cables. I think purses and totes are always wonderful Christmas gifts.

You did a wonderful job on that purse! Very pretty and I agree with the others: I like it better than the original, too! Can't wait to see the pattern! :hook

I make a lot of bags and all I can say is - GREAT JOB! I like yours way better than the knit ones.

Did you keep any notes on how you did it or did you just wing it?

Any update on a pattern? This would make a great gift for a friend's birthday next week. Also, what type of yarn would be best and how much-so I can hit some of the great sales this Friday! (JoAnn has great Friday morning sales!)

Thanks!

Lori B.

Archived