Pattern for Cable purse w/ bangle handles

MsSunflwr

Once you hand stitch the fabric to the crocheted piece, where do you actually put the thread? Through the back loop of a stitch? That part I'm confused on.

BTW, I live in Florida as well.

I use the same color as my yarn and just stick it through the yarn. I do very tiny stitches to make sure it stay put. :D You could put it behind the back loop of a stitch. With the handles, the only way I could to it is to stitch all the way through both layers of yarn. I haven't been able to see the stitch after attaching the handles.

I live in NE Florida. :D

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to make this purse using Angle Hair yarn from Joann's Fabric, but I couldn't see the cable stitch and didn't continue the pattern. There is no sense in making the purse if you can't see the pretty cable stitch. I will do another purse and then this one in a regular yarn.

I had no problem doing the pattern. I did notice that the chain 2 stitch needs to count as the first stitch.

Where it says:

2.And ALL Wrong Side Rows. Sc in each stitch across. Ch.2, turn.

3. *Work hdc in 4 sc, ...

The chain 2 should count as the first stitch of the next row. Should read, Ch 2, turn. Work hdc in 3 sc. Or your cable stitches will be off. :D

Hope that helps some one.

I don't understand how you attach the crocheted rectangle to the handles. :think Can somebody please explain this to me? I'd love to make this for my mother for Christmas.
Sew the sides up to where you want the opening. I haven't made mine yet, so I can't tell you the measurements. Gather the open end and fold through the rings and sew the top edge to the inside of the purse. This is done after lining. Does this make sense?

I bought some ugly green lime colored yarn, that will be purfect for this pattern. The fuzzy yarn I got before would not show the cable. I also bought Eye-lash yarn to trim the top. This is for a teenager, not my colors at all. :lol For the lining I bought bright pink fabric with lime green flowers. I'll post a picture when I am done. I'll be working on this tonight. :cheer

My biggest problem is find handles. :angry I can most anything, but what I need. I really didn't want to order them, but it looks like I will have to.

• 3 weeks later...

This purse is SO cute, I love it. I'm new here, just registered actually, but wanted to tell you how much I love the bag and also ask if you have any suggestions for different handles instead of the bangles??? I find the bangles uncomfortable for day to day, but want to make the bag for myself and friends if it turns out good (I am not a pro).

THANK YOU! :yay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My sister asked for the same thing! I love your purse. Thanks for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I would share a picture of how my purse turned out. It was a Christmas gift for my husband's aunt last year. She loved it and I was happy with the way it turned out.

After I got home with the ribbon I bought, I realized it wasn't what I wanted, but I used it anyways.

The purse was lined with a very pretty grey and soft pink paisley print. Forgot to take a picture of the inside so it could be seen.

Don't mind my youngest son's hand. He was nice enough to hold the purse up so I could take a picture of it.

cablepurse.jpg

Juli

• 6 months later...

Thanks Donna for sharing this wonderful pattern! I tried making one myself (got a yarn in a colour very similar to yours too) and I'm now so proud of it. It's a really pretty little thing :)

Thanks once again for being so generous to share it with everyone :)

a-kr3xXs7T_s7AaIW-rKIDNDif0qSVTm.jpg

Thanks for bumping this thread up! I love the purse, it's gorgeous. I've been afraid to try cables, but I think this will push me into it. I've been looking for a great purse pattern for a gift for one of my sisters and I think this will be it. Plus, my daughter's name is Camille, so this is fate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is such a wonderful pattern. I made it and my friends saw it the other day. They all loved it! I guess I found my Christmas present for this year. Thanks again for sharing!:cheer

Archived