Pattern for Cable purse w/ bangle handles

MsSunflwr

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Miki, I have started this bag. I don't know if this will be more confusing, or if it will help. You should have three hdc, (besides first ch-3). Then, in the next st, you will go two rows below, and do a post dc as noted. I already have mine in progress, but maybe it will help to see what I am talking about.

th_c85ec65b.jpg th_16d58d33.jpg

Then, you skip the sc behind the stitch you just made. Then, do a hdc in next stitch, then a post dc just like that in the next stitch two rows below.

I have six rows of cable 'rows'. Hope it helps.

Tina

Thanks Tina, It finally came out right. I still don't know what I was doing wrong. I was so aggravated. Now I can git it done. I am using a double strand worsted weight yarn in brown. I want mine to be a little bulky.

Thanks again for your help.

I am just using an I hook and Red Heart Worsted weight.

What type of yarn and what size hooks are everyone using? I tried a varigated and the cables weren't showing as much as I would like.

Maybe we need a crochet-a-long?!?

Thanks,

LoriB

Do you mean all together or at the end of the row? I think you should have 45? stitches all together, and only 4 hdc at the end of the row. You're welcome. ;)

Thanks Tina, It finally came out right. I still don't know what I was doing wrong. I was so aggravated. Now I can git it done. I am using a double strand worsted weight yarn in brown. I want mine to be a little bulky.

Thanks again for your help.

Wow, I feel like maybe I should do another so I can help with any questions. Thanks TINA for putting up those fabulous photos. I am going to try one a little wider this time. I used two strands of yarn held together throughout and like the bulkiness of the purse, it seems as though I won't have to line it. I can't wait to see photos of some of the finished purses.

I have been looking everywhere for bangles and bought some more 'bamboo' ones tonight. :cheer I already have one person (besides myself :lol ) that wants me to make them one of these-- I'm afraid to show it to anyone else, I'll have to make one for everyone! My mom was just over, I showed her the $200 version, and then I showed her yours, Donna, and she said 'I like that one better anyway!' (I said, 'Me, too!') ;) Thanks again Donna for sharing this awesome pattern!

Tina

I was wondering the same thing. My pattern goes straight/cross/straight-straight/cross/straight... with rows of sc in between. It's hard to see in the original pics if that is the pattern.

I am using kool-wool-it's pretty thick yarn and an L hook-it seems where the crosses are there is a "hole" through the fabric (more visible on the wrong side). I'm going to need to line it. I also started the first cable on the fourth original hdc and the whole thing wasn't lining up. I'm learning a lot on this project!

LoriB

(edited to add) - I started picking up a loop from the sc below the row where the cross was done-on the next wrong side sc to fill in the hole it was creating.

(edited again to add) - I started to make my cables (the post dc's) into post tc's. The treble gives the cable a little more "umph" by popping off the fabric a bit more. I also started to repeat from row 4-7 instead of 2-7. It gives more of a twist-so it goes straight/cross/straight/cross/straight/cross....with a row of sc in between. I hope I'm not confusing anyone. I will try to take a picture tonight.

I don't know, not being the designer, I was wondering that too... I think maybe it should be every other row? Because I have been following the pattern rows 2-7, and it seems like it is too 'long' of a 'cable'. See what I mean?

"]th_2e8e3bec.jpg

Does that look 'right'? :think I might try to do one row straight then one crossover, know what I mean? And see how it looks compared to Donna's purse... Here it is just doing rows 2-5:

th_199410a3.jpg

I think I do like the way it looked before, with rows 2-7. Thanks Donna. :)

Tina

• 2 months later...

Donna thankyou so much for making this pattern! I fell in love with a knitted one similar in Vogue Knitting but never gotten around to trying to make a crochet version. I love the ribbon with it too :)

Very pretty purse. And wow with all the new yarns and multi colors out there. Thank you for sharing you pattern with us here at Crochetville. I can see my 30 yr old daughter wanting to crochet one of these. You can up with a wonderful version

:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Archived