Pattern for Cable purse w/ bangle handles

MsSunflwr

Just a quick question for anyone that has made this purse...I'm having trouble keeping my edges straight. Any suggestions? And also do you count the turning row as the first st in that row..or the last st in the row...or is it not included in your count? Thanks for any help!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HDC isn't the funnest to work with. If I remember, I chained 2 for the HDC but didn't count it as a stitch, then just HDC in the first st. I do this a lot with HDC. This may cause the edges not to be perfectly straight, but when I sew it together (or do an edging) then it doesn't matter too much.

Debbi

• 2 weeks later...

I just started making this purse and I have frogged it 3 times now (my fault, I'm sure) But on this step:

5. *Hdc in 4 sc, skip first post dc, and work post dc on second post dc. Ch. 1, now work post dc around the skipped post dc (crossover made, skip the 3 sc behind crossover *; repeat from *to* across, ending with hdc in last 4 sc.

After I skip the 3sc behind the crossover, I'm suppose to hdc in the next 4....? If I do that, then I am right over the 4th post, so I don't think my next crossover is going to work out correctly.....:think This time around I have been making sure my stich count is correct, and it is. I'm also counting my ch 2 as my first hdc. Thanks to anyone that can help!

DUH! Nevermind. I was reading the pattern wrong!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
:manyheart Love it! Thanks for the pattern. I really love it with the ribbon. I will have to make one of these after I finish the bag that is currently taking up my kitchen table. Just wondering if anyone has tried to make this as a shoulder bag? :think

:manyheart Love it! Thanks for the pattern. I really love it with the ribbon. I will have to make one of these after I finish the bag that is currently taking up my kitchen table. Just wondering if anyone has tried to make this as a shoulder bag? :think

Fortunately for me, the rings I use are big enough for them to sit nicely on my shoulder :)

I think using a cord as the handle can also transform it into a nice shoulder bag

Just a quick question for anyone that has made this purse...I'm having trouble keeping my edges straight. Any suggestions? And also do you count the turning row as the first st in that row..or the last st in the row...or is it not included in your count? Thanks for any help!

My edges weren't exactly straight when I did mine too. I could only pull them as I go along. However, when u sew up the edges right sides together, and turn the final product inside out, the uneveness is hardly noticeable :)

I love it!! I can't believe how long my want to do list is getting! I haven't even added half of it to my WIP!! All these wonderful people sharing their patterns! Amazing! Thank You!

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I really love this purse and would like to try it but I am a little nervous. Was a pattern for this ever posted? I didn't see one.

Thanks for sharing!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived