2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Only the one skein out to my co-worker. Working on small projects that aren't finishing skeins. Still have two more containers of yarn to get through in cleaning out my stash too, but wanted to actually sit with a hook in hand this week. Once I get through it all, I want to see if I have enough skeins and ends to do the Spice of Life afghan - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spice-of-life-blanket.

WTD: +1

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My order of 3 skeins is in.....-6. =-14

I am so sorry about last weeks scores! 

i have a feeling i'm going to have a chance to make it up tho! I was gifted 8 skein of yarn on Easter,

AAAAANNNNNND i picked up 10 skeins of Caron One Pound in their Century collection that is limited edition! 

so that a total of 18 skeins and a score of: *drum roll*

WTD -36

So I gave myself a break from the second Firefly blanket this week and worked on a baby shower gift instead. They're expecting a girl, and they're doing an elephant theme with pink, gray & white being the colors of the nursery. I made a pink & cream dress & bloomer set, a gray elephant, and am currently using the same pink & gray to make a granny square baby blanket to complete the gift. This week I used a skein and two balls!

WTD: +4

YTD: +152

I should be getting a lot of crochet done over the next three weeks...Hubs is leaving with the Army and I'll need to keep myself occupied while he's gone lol

Frustrating!  I've been steadily working on the Mary Maxim Mystery Crochet-Along, but haven't finished up a skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +54

:bang   :bang   :bang 

Scores for the week ending 4/22/17:

Gold Medal Winner: a tie at +5: Ellie 13 & howieann

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +4

Bronze Medal Winner: Cesa +2

Holding Steady:

PBLKNP

pineknott

greyhoundgrandma -12

Shoot the Moon Winner: MalisaMeesa -36

Yay Greyhoundgrandma!!!  :clap  :clap  :clap

I had a nice chunk of money set aside for the tent sale next week. After realizing just how much yarn I've already got, I used the money to get several TV series on DVD, a new Nook & case for it, some pretty new personals for me, and a special surprise for Hubs (the newest Mass Effect game for his xbox 1!!!). I'm very proud of myself for looking somewhere other than Michaels.com for the things I've been wanting lol. 

AND I finished the last square of the second Firefly blanket last night!! So all I have to do is borders on both of them and I can say this HUGE project is done!!! :yay

It's always nice to see a big project coming to an end. Good job on the shopping, too!

I've had a little crochet time this week and made some progress on a baby blanket but no yarn used up yet. They're little skeins but it's #1 weight so it's not going very fast.

I'm off to fold laundry, so I know I'm not going to get any more hooking done tonight lol

This week I used 2 balls and a skein to finish a granny square baby blanket (+4), FINALLY finished the second Firefly blanket for my friend and rolled the remnants of the 23 skeins into balls (+23), and then used 6 balls on the boarder for my Firefly blanket (+6). I love these blankets, but I am SO completely over working on graphs for the moment!!! Definitely looking forward to working on some baby gifts next week!! Hopefully, the sets I'm planning will keep me occupied while Hubs is off with the Army!

WTD: +33

YTD: +185

Well, today was the CT Sheep, Wool, and Fiber Festival in Tolland.  A great time was had by all!  I managed to score an ADORABLE kit to crochet a stuffed owl, a skein of sock yarn (orange and black variegated for Halloween), and some gadgets (yarn wrap counter and gauge counter).  So...I went a tad crazy in the yarn accumulation, but it was all worth it!

Stashbuster Total: WTD -10 YTD +44

:devil  :devil  :devil

Gold medal: Inkked0317

silver medal: Pineknott

Bronze medal: MalisaMeesa

In the middle:HowieAnn

Even keel at ZERO: GreyhoundGrandma

Shoot The Moon: PBLKNP

(I will edit to look pretty later im on mobile at work!)

April YTD scores:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +185

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +72

Bronze Medal Winner: PBLKNP +44

howieann +36

greyhoundgrandma +28

PinkGlitter +18

April's Shoot the Moon Winner: MalisaMeesa -13

Whoops!  Forgot to post.  Guess I'll hang on to those numbers until this week.  I finished going through all of my yarn and weeding out the stuff I didn't want and reorganized the rest of it.  It's a good thing I don't have to count the skeins I didn't know I had!  :lol

I'm happy to report that I used up 3 more skeins making clutches so I'm +3 and we're just at Tuesday! :clap

My daughter has a volleyball clinic tonight so I'll have another 2 hours of waiting (crocheting) time  :yes

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I was here. I've done a lot of :crocheting and used a lot of :yarn . I made a pink hat, 3 blue/white hats, 2 teen hats, 3 pocket prayer shawls and 1 baby hat with peach :yarn. So I used the ball of pink (+ 1), the blue skein (+ 2), a skein of tan (+ 2) and rolled down the peach (+1) :cheer .

WTD: + 6   YTD: + 33

Ellie 13

Archived