2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK so I'm just going to accept the shoot the moon position for the week  :lol

I received the 24 skeins I ordered as my family member's birthday gifts to me, and I also had to go buy 2 specific skeins to continue working on a blanket for a friend, so there's -52. I did use up 1 skein and 2 balls on the blanket this week, so +4.

WTD: -48

YTD: +144

I'm going back to work for the first time in 12 years, starting on Wednesday! I'm excited but a bit worried too. This is going to be a HUGE change for my family. I'm also expecting my crochet time to take a hit, between me working during the day instead of being home with the kids and then the need to go to bed early so I can actually function at work without taking a nap  :lol . Aiming to have this blanket completed before I start work, at least the individual graphs. I can do the mindless joining and edging without much concentration, but these graphs take a lot of focus!

BTW, I actually gathered everything I've bought this year, reorganized and inventoried my stash yesterday when I realized I'd run out of 3 specific colors for this blanket. I have gotten all the same brand yarn in the same tub, and all the same color grouped together. I even made an Excel spreadsheet for reference! 

What I'm realizing is that everyone I know is aware of how much I love yarn, and have been giving me Michael's cards for gifts for Christmas and my birthday. I've told Hubs that I need him to tell people no more Michael's cards! I'm buying yarn just because I have the gift cards. The last 2 big buys were simply to fill out the colors I've got available to me in my stash. My stash had been down to 2 large totes (lids firmly on) and 1 small one, and it has grown to 3 large totes (lids curved up in the middle from overstuffing), a small one, and a box of everything that wouldn't fit in the other containers. It's out of control! 

So...once I finish this graphed blanket for my friend, I'm focusing on stashbusting! I'm going to need to figure out what I want to make though, because we already have a TON of blankets, so I don't think I want to make more of those lol

Well, this week was sort of a wash!  I used up a skein making the Mary Maxim Mystery Crochet-Along squares, but my order of a Crazy Zauberball skein came in from the Dizzy Sheep, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +56

:D 

Scores for the week ending 4/8/17:

Gold Medal Winner: Cesa +12

Silver Medal Winner: ties at +1: MalisaMeesa & pineknott

Holding steady:

PBLKNP

howieann

greyhoundgrandma

PinkGlitter

Shoot the Moon Winner: Inkked0317 -48

I knew I was going to get the Shoot the Moon this week  :lol

I've been trying to get through my second Firefly blanket that I'm making for a friend because today I went back to work for the first time in 12 years. It's been a long day, but I'm very happy to be home and sitting down to crochet right now. 

I'll be posting the scores for this week after church on Sunday, so it will be around 1 PM.

I hope you're all having a great week!! :manyheart

Hi all :hi , I haven't been here since Feb. 17th :eek ! I've had problems with my computer (not connected to internet, page can't be displayed, etc.) and some times I was too busy. I'm not sure what my score was for all those weeks because my stash went up/down a lot. This week I tried to keep track because I knew I would be at my parents for Easter and could use dad's computer. So here it is: I used 7 balls on pocket prayer shawls and bunny pins (+ 7), 1 partial skein rolled down (+ 1), 1 skein + a ball given to a friend (+ 3). Total + 11  :yay .  Then I bought 2 skeins Sugar & Cream Cotton in a discount bin for .47 cents, so worth it  :yes , (- 4). I started a pot holder on the bus/subway ride to my parents, so if I finish it tonight I can get some points back.

WTD:  + 7   YTD:   + 22

Ellie 13

:rose   :rabbit   HAPPY EASTER !   :garden   In my Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it .....

Still clearing the stash *whew* I had to throw a bunch out. I am not sure where some of them came from. I know I did not buy the skein of lime green yarn. I found a bunch of cotton too, which I know I didn't buy. A couple of skeins were damaged or faded. One skein set to go to the girl's at work, but that one won't count until next week.

WTD:+13. YTD:+23

Gold  Cesa +13

Silver Ellie13 +7

Bronze Inkked0317 +4

Making Progress!  PBLKNP and pineknott +2

Shoot the Moon greyhoundgrandma -14

I had a feeling the moon was in my future this week! LOL

The kit is kind of an old fashioned looking filet train baby blanket. I have lots of baby blanket patterns but not so many that are really for boys. It was on sale so the kit cost less than the yarn alone would have. Couldn't resist! They're little skeins so will be used up pretty quickly. I think that's what I'll be taking on a long weekend trip at the end of this week.

I made 2 potholders, used up the 2 skeins cotton (+ 4) :yay . I had a 50 g. (about 1 3/4 oz.) skein of pink baby :yarn , so I made a hat. The pattern said 1 oz. :yarn = 1 hat. I rolled it down (+ 1) :cheer  and it looks like I might have enough for a 2nd hat. I had 2 skeins of baby :yarn (blue and white) so thin it looks like thread. I'm making another hat with the 2 together and it's coming out the same size as the pink hat. I might try worsted weight and a larger hook to make a child/young adult size hat. 

WTD: + 5  YTD: + 27

Ellie 13

I finished a placemat and used the last of a cone making a dish cloth.....+2, so......

WTD -12

If there's time, I'll post scores early tomorrow morning before we get on the road. Otherwise it'll be last afternoon after we get home.

Archived