2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!! This week I made 2 pairs of converse-type sneakers for my baby, a tooth fairy pillow, a preemie octopus, a preemie blanket, 24 preemie hats, 3 hats for Operation Gratitude, an order of green eggs & ham, and started a scrap granny square blanket. All that used up a total of 31 balls and 3 skeins.  I also wound 4 skeins into balls and tossed one ball that was so tangled I just couldn't deal with the thought of unraveling it lol. I would have been in great shape this week...but we got our tax return in and I have a couple projects I need specific colors for...so I ordered 21 skeins....which basically means...

WTD: 0

YTD : 239

:lol  :lol  :lol

Scores for the week ending 2/25:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +10

Silver Medal Winner: PinkGlitter +6

Bronze Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +4

howieann +3

PBLKNP 0

Inkked0317 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -4

Gasp! I've been..... KNITTING!! (it's very slow going for me so i don't do it often, i just like it for dishclothes and i got an order of 10 of them) so i've used up 3 balls of Peaches and cream cotton.... Balls or skeins? do you think i've had them in my stash for years so they never got counted in previous Stashbusher Cal's.....

so possibly +3 or +6 i dunno yet.

Exactly right, Jessie. If it's the original form even though with some yarns it looks more like a ball, then it's 2 points. If it's partly used and been rolled into a ball to keep it neat, then it's one point.

I was doing so good this week!!! And then I opened the Michael's Rewards email...20% off the full order after 3 pm today and lower down was 30% off all regularly priced yarn...and so I brought home 3 bags of yarn!  I'll give exact numbers tomorrow but I'm guessing that Shoot the Moon is going to be mine this week  :tup

Hey can I join in? I've been thinking lately, what on earth can I make this year? I haven't made a thing this year yet. Last year I made a huge afghan for my brother and it took the entire year. So after some pondering I thought maybe I should go stash diving!

A friend of mine gave me a TON of yarn that she mostly used for crafting several years ago and I've never gotten around to doing anything with it except organizing the balls by color and in ziploc bags. So I think I should do a stashbusting afghan this year or something! I might be more motivated if I keep score too!

​Ladies!!!  I'm finally back!!!!  The last 6 weeks have been challenging... I started a new job and had to get certified in 4 different disciplines. That meant lots of studying and lots of class time. Then in between everything my siblings and I had to move our father to a nursing home. I'm quit surprised at how many different avenues you have to pave to get a move like this done.

​Then on top of everything my computer died on me!!  It looks like I may be up and running again. Fingers crossed.

​Regardless to say I have not played with yarn for a long time. I'm hoping within the next week I might be able to relax and play!!!

​So...  WTD = 0   and   YTD = +4

So I'm working on a scarf at the moment, they are small skeins so I'm going to call them balls. :) one more skein/ball to go!

WTD : +2

I've FINALLY used up a skein on the sweater I'm making!  My totals are probably going to be abysmal next week, as today's my birthday, and yesterday I got a gift certificate to Michael's!  I do have to stock up on some yarn for the crochet-along, after all... 

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +8

:manyheart

So I'm working on a scarf at the moment, they are small skeins so I'm going to call them balls. :) one more skein/ball to go!

WTD : +2

You are free to interpret as you please but yarn as you buy it whether it's a 1 ounce "ball" or a 16 ounce "skein", is two points. Also no matter the size or how long you've been using parts of a skein, it's two points when you finish it.

I've FINALLY used up a skein on the sweater I'm making!  My totals are probably going to be abysmal next week, as today's my birthday, and yesterday I got a gift certificate to Michael's!  I do have to stock up on some yarn for the crochet-along, after all... 

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +8

:manyheart

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have fun shopping!

Archived