2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Great work everyone!! Those are impressive scores! I can't wait to have some more free time after Easter! Well at least I hope I have more free time after Easter! :)

I know what you mean about time. I'm always saying that and something else usually comes up. April is a busy month here.

No problem at all, Addicted2patterns.

Oh, wow!  I didn't realize the YTD scores were YTD.  Thought they were WTD and was like, how in the world do you go through that much yarn in a week?  :lol  

I did manage not to buy or otherwise gain any yarn before Sunday.  I took a planner class at Michaels Sunday, where we made bookmarks for our planners.  Our materials list handed to us at the beginning of the session (and subsequent shopping) included a skein of yarn.  The instructor had a skein that I was going to use and picked other materials I liked in coordinating colors (because I was not going to buy any yarn!!)  My friend picks out a yarn I would never use and proceeds to tell me she'll give me the rest of it after class.  When we got to the yarn part, I realized the yarn the teacher had wasn't really going to match my stuff, so I broke down and got my own skein.  So I ended up with TWO skeins from my papercrafting class :reyes

I'm attempting to update via my iPhone, so no graphics! Our friend from New Mexico was visiting. I was able to give him his yearly yarn from my stash in person! He took 30 skeins back to New Mexico, and I used up another skein on my sweater, so:

WTD: +62

YTD: +56

Hello everyone!!!

This week I made a banner for my Firefly blanket and used up 2 balls (+2) with that. I also made a scrap baby blanket and used a skein and 2 balls (+4). And I have been working on a granny square blanket using Lion Brand Mandala and used up 2 skeins of that (+4). I've got one more skein to go and then that will be done.

WTD: +10

YTD: +192

I did order some yarn, since people gave me Michael's gift cards for my birthday, but I'm going to count them when I get them! :yes

Yay, not too late. Surprise movie night last night and did a pancake breakfast earlier. Fun, but not timely for updating my WTD total. Still the same. Managed to go to two yarn shops without bringing home any since the paper crafting incident. Did not manage to finish any skeins this week.

WTD: -2. YTD: -2.

Scores for the week ending 4/1/17:

Gold Medal Winner: PBLKNP +62

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +10

Bronze Medal Winner: pineknott +8

jessicali +4

greyhoundgrandma 0

Cesa -2

PinkGlitter -3

Addicted2patterns -4

Shoot the Moon Winner: MalissaMeesa -5

Stash update, my co-worker asked for some yarn for a project at work. I brought in 11 skeins today with at least one more coming! Should be a good week for me. It's also about 15% of my stash, so it was a big dent. I might be able to better organize it now.

Oh no! I'm terrible.. I didn't post yesterday. I barely got out of bed, I think I ate something Saturday that just made me sicker than I've been in a while.

No problem, I hope you're feeling better. I had that (or a bug) happen about a month ago and it's no fun!

Stash update, my co-worker asked for some yarn for a project at work. I brought in 11 skeins today with at least one more coming! Should be a good week for me. It's also about 15% of my stash, so it was a big dent. I might be able to better organize it now.

Sounds like great progress!

Wow, this is exciting...I don't think I've had the Gold Medal Winner in a while!  I've had more modest decreases so far this week.  I used up one skein on the Mary Maxim Mystery Crochet-Along.

Archived