2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

managed to up 2 of the 6 skeins I had bought...then my package of 6 came in the mail for the sweater I am making. luckily they use up quickly being as they are 3.5 oz of chunky yarn. looks like I got some hooking to do! probably going to shoot the moon this time!

WTD: -8 YTD: -20 3/18/17

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, since not many people have posted yet, I'm going to wait and post this afternoon.  We don't have enough people to make it even for the "Bronze" category...

Well, since no one else has weighted in, without further ado:

Gold Medal Winner!  Inkked0317  +2
Silver Medal Winner!  TIE:  greyhoundgrandma  +1 and howieann  +1

Holding steady!
Charis  0
PBELKNAP  0
pineknott  0

...and last, but not least...SHOOT THE MOON!!!  Addicted2patterns  -8

Thanks, all!

You know it's a slow crochet week and everyone is busy with other stuff when +1 gets silver. LOL

I've been inside working on taxes and other boring stuff, but it's a gorgeous say here and I think I'm going to sneak outside for a while.

Wow! We all had a really low crochet week last week!! I'm surprised lol

Hopefully we all get to play with our yarn more this week!!

Ugh I started this week off BAD! I got an order for an afghan, that required 9 skeins of yarn... All Caron Simply Soft, which I'm not entirely a fan of working with.. Hard to work this week trying to get this -18 score into the positives! 

Stopped by Michaels & got it... So -18 for the week so far. 

Hi!  I'd like to join this challenge.  I hadn't crocheted for a few years, but even then, I still bought some yarn.  Now that I am crocheting again, joined a guild where free skeins are handed out at meetings, and have new yarn friends, I need a way to keep my stash under control.

I'll join with the new week on Sunday and promise myself not to buy or receive (lol) any yarn before then.

All I was able to squeak out was a little bit of thread crochet this week. Not even enough to finish it!

I've been super busy with teaching and church that I barely have any free time. Hoping to get a little more done on this thread project today but probably won't. House cleaning and laundry are my main targets today.

WTD 0

wow! so I've been so busy these past couple of weeks. I started working at my local Joann Fabrics, and unfortunately i got paid yesterday... anddddd five skeins of bulky yarn came home with me today!

WTD-10

Hi all!! This week I used up 3 balls making preemie hats (+3), I bought 7 skeins of Lion Brand's answer to Caron Cakes (-14), used 2 more skeins on my Firefly blanket (+4), and rolled the 18 partial skeins from the Firefly blanket into balls (+18). I'm nearly finished with the blanket! I just have to make a banner piece to go across the top, but I'm waiting on the pattern to be released before I can start that.

WTD : +11

YTD : +182

A friend has asked me to make him a Firefly blanket, so I'll be starting that huge project all over again soon. Luckily, I think I've got all the yarn I need to make it without buying any!  

Yesterday I got a job! This is my first position I'll have since summer of 2004, when I was 6 months pregnant with my 2nd daughter. I'm excited to get back into the work force, but I'm a little blue that it will certainly impact my hooking time lol.

WTD scores for the week ending 3/25/17:

Gold Medal Winner:Inkked0317 +11

Silver Medal Winner: Addicted2patterns +4

Bronze Medal Winner: PinkGlitter +3

Holding steady:

Charis

pineknott

PBLKNP

greyhoundgrandma

MalisaMeese -7

Shoot the Moon Winner: Jessicali -18

YTD scores for March:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +182

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +58

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +54

PinkGlitter +21

MalisaMeese +20

Charis +4

PBLKNP -6

jessicali -11

March Shoot the Moon Winner: Addicted2patterns -16

Wow! Great work everyone!! Those are impressive scores! I can't wait to have some more free time after Easter! Well at least I hope I have more free time after Easter! :)

Archived