Trivets or Hot Pads

Tampa Doll

I just finished and sent out the last of my (so ashamed) Christmas Gifts.  It is for my SIL.  Every year I wrack my brain trying to figure out what to make her.  She has hats, totes, scarfs, gloves, afghans, snuggy, even dolls.

So I finally decided I would focus on the kitchen.  I made 2 bottle top trivets.  One is grapes and the other is a pear.  I could not help myself, I also sent her twins.  :D

See more pictures

post-105-0-72603000-1419958172_thumb.jpg

Hey i think its kind of nice to not get all your gifts at the same time so you have more moments to savor rather than just one big rush.  The trivets are cute and the twins are adorable. At least she won't have dirty diapers from these babies.   

I love the trivets! They so remind me of my childhood days seeing these types of things in the kitchen. And the "twins" are so cute. Who wouldn't love a belated Christmas gift? You are such a sweet person and your SIL is very fortunate to have you in her life.

Your dolls are so adorable and I love those trivets.                                                                                                                   I remember trying to make the trivet from an old workbasket magazine back in the '70's when I started crocheting. I managed to complete the "grapes" but got stuck on the leaves and never finished it. (I have no problem making leaves now.)

After seeing yours, I think I will dig out that pattern and try again. 

With all my years of crocheting and seeing my mother make those trivets,  I haven't yet made any.  It just may be a project I tackle in the new year.  I'm sure your sister-in-law will enjoy her gift.

Thank you all, I have been trying to make other shapes.  I started out with the grapes, for a hot pad swap I made an apple and this time I thought I would try a pear.  It is easy, the hard part was sewing them together and finding the shape I wanted.

With my SIL I have no worries.  She loves everything I make.  One time she came down and I had a couple of things I was going to send her.  I told her to choose between a shawl, a poncho and a purse.  She looked at me and said do I really have to choose?  So she got it all.

My trouble with her is trying to figure out what to make.

• 2 weeks later...

Great job and what a nice idea. Don't feel bad about being late. Just sent my mil gift off. I ordered it right after Thanksgiving and I just got it and then I had to mail it because I forgot to change the shipping address on Amazon. :( 

• 2 months later...

Archived