2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Since I have forgotten to post for two weeks now (even though there hasn't been anything to post, so it wouldn't have made a difference anyway) I am posting now (which is quite early for me!  LOL) so I don't forget again...

My husband and the kids and I were heading out to the store earlier in the week, and we passed by a yard sale that was all covered up... I looked, and thought I saw a big bag of yarn balls... I don't know if my eyes lit up excitedly or what, but my husband asked what did I see???  I told him what I thought I saw, but said it's no biggie, I can just look again on the way home.  But NO - he turns around to go back and check, telling me that it wouldn't hurt to just look... and I said well, no, but if it really IS a big bag of yarn balls, it WILL hurt my stashbusting score!!!   :eek   Luckily ? for me, it was just clothes.  :rofl

WTD 0

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,,,,

I forgot to post last week...but it is okay, there was no yarning going on and a big fat ZERO on last week's score.

This week was my birthday, and my girlfriend gave me a box of 12 skeins of yarn and a nice canvas bag to put them in.  I did use up 3 balls of yarn this week....so the total is..........................

WTD: -21, YTD: 911

Scores for week ending 09/13/2014

Gold Medal:  Bailey4 with +9

Silver Medal:  CLLinda with +8

Bronze Medal:  BigPinkPolkaDot with +2

Using Up Yarn:

Shining_Star +2

Ladychris2010 +2

Holding Steady:

Howieann 0

Crabby rat 0

Tnkycrochetnut 0

Randib82 0

Playing with New Yarn:

Ellie 13 -2

Addicted2patterns -3

Greyhoundgrandma -9

Shoot the Moon:    Shannart -21

Hi y'all

Just got through making my dad a hat last night. That's really all I've crocheted in a while. Kinda out of ideas as to what to crochet!! I lost some of my yarn paper that tells what some of my yarn is. Also I don't even have a full skein of yarn or many of the same kinds of yarn. Any patterns or ideas please? HELP!!!

I stayed up late Sat. night (1 am Sun.) to finish the gifts for a wedding shower Sun. afternoon. I finished the dish cloth, made 6 coasters and a hot pad. I used 4 balls and a skein (+ 6) :clap . I worked on the c2c baby afghan on the ride to/from the shower. I finally got to the mid point (35") :cheer  and finished another skein (+ 2).  I might have 1 or 2 skeins gone by Sat.

WTD:  + 8  YTD:  124

Ellie 13

Wow---shoot the moon this week! 

I'll have to tell my girlfriend that her birthday gift sent me over the moon  :yay

Happy crocheting everyone!  I am knitting a fox hat/cowl this week...got to get it in the mail by early next week as it is a paid order  :c9

I don't have a business or take many orders, so any income I can find is appreciated to help finance my yarn addiction  :D

Later everyone, 

Shannon

Archived