greyhoundgrandma

2014 Stashbusting CAL

Since I have forgotten to post for two weeks now (even though there hasn't been anything to post, so it wouldn't have made a difference anyway) I am posting now (which is quite early for me!  LOL) so I don't forget again...

My husband and the kids and I were heading out to the store earlier in the week, and we passed by a yard sale that was all covered up... I looked, and thought I saw a big bag of yarn balls... I don't know if my eyes lit up excitedly or what, but my husband asked what did I see???  I told him what I thought I saw, but said it's no biggie, I can just look again on the way home.  But NO - he turns around to go back and check, telling me that it wouldn't hurt to just look... and I said well, no, but if it really IS a big bag of yarn balls, it WILL hurt my stashbusting score!!!   :eek   Luckily ? for me, it was just clothes.  :rofl

WTD 0

WTD +9  YTD  -98

Can't believe I'm under under -100 for the year!!!

• Like 1

So this week I rolled a skein into a ball and then finished another ball. So my score for this week is:

WTD = +2

I did not get much crocheting done this week.  My score for the week ending 9/13/14 is:

WTD: 0

Hi all,,,,

I forgot to post last week...but it is okay, there was no yarning going on and a big fat ZERO on last week's score.

This week was my birthday, and my girlfriend gave me a box of 12 skeins of yarn and a nice canvas bag to put them in.  I did use up 3 balls of yarn this week....so the total is..........................

WTD: -21, YTD: 911

Well I bought 3skeins with some birthday money but I rolled a big thing of yarn into 3 balls. So my total for the week is

WTD: -3 YTD: -23 for week of 9/13/14

Only used up 1 skein this week. 

WTD: +2

YTD: +20

Gathering scores for the week to post now. Be looking for the list shortly.

Scores for week ending 09/13/2014

Gold Medal:  Bailey4 with +9

Silver Medal:  CLLinda with +8

Bronze Medal:  BigPinkPolkaDot with +2

Using Up Yarn:

Shining_Star +2

Ladychris2010 +2

Holding Steady:

Howieann 0

Crabby rat 0

Tnkycrochetnut 0

Randib82 0

Playing with New Yarn:

Ellie 13 -2

Addicted2patterns -3

Greyhoundgrandma -9

Shoot the Moon:    Shannart -21

Wow didn't expect the gold with that score.  Some weeks are just like that I guess.

Hi y'all

Just got through making my dad a hat last night. That's really all I've crocheted in a while. Kinda out of ideas as to what to crochet!! I lost some of my yarn paper that tells what some of my yarn is. Also I don't even have a full skein of yarn or many of the same kinds of yarn. Any patterns or ideas please? HELP!!!

Was short 2 skeins from an afghan kit do to my errors on working on the patterns.  Ordered replacements that arrived today.  Looking forward to finishing up this week, so hopefully shouldn't be around too long.  -4

Edited by Bailey4

I finished off another skein of the afghan....+2.

This was a sit around and wait day, but at least I finished up a skein. Then 2 skeins came in the mail. So I'm back to 0 for the week.

Spent most of my night at my knitting/crochet meeting untagling and rolling 2 balls and working with the two new crocheters who were there tonight.  I'm finally not the only crocheter!!!!  +2

I stayed up late Sat. night (1 am Sun.) to finish the gifts for a wedding shower Sun. afternoon. I finished the dish cloth, made 6 coasters and a hot pad. I used 4 balls and a skein (+ 6) :clap . I worked on the c2c baby afghan on the ride to/from the shower. I finally got to the mid point (35") :cheer  and finished another skein (+ 2).  I might have 1 or 2 skeins gone by Sat.

WTD:  + 8  YTD:  124

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

+4 Rolled a ball, finished another one, and finished a skein working on a Christmas afghan.

Wow---shoot the moon this week! 

I'll have to tell my girlfriend that her birthday gift sent me over the moon  :yay

Happy crocheting everyone!  I am knitting a fox hat/cowl this week...got to get it in the mail by early next week as it is a paid order  :c9

I don't have a business or take many orders, so any income I can find is appreciated to help finance my yarn addiction  :D

Later everyone, 

Shannon