Blue Star Afghan

FelixLake

I just finished an afghan that I actually made for myself. :yay It is called Blue Star from the Blue-Ribbon Afghans, Leisure Arts book. Blue wouldn't have worked in my house so I did it in green instead. :check I used TLC yarn and a G hook. It was fairly easy, it was just a lot of steps. I liked the way the granny squares were added as you worked instead of having to sew them all together at the end. :sew

I hope you like it.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/FelixLake/P1010024.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's really awesome! I like TLC yarns too, did you use Essentials? They stopped selling that at both of my closest AC Moore and Michaels.

I liked the colors too, it looks complicated! :tup

Thanks everyone. Yes, it was TLC Essentials. I'd never used it before, but I really liked the way it worked up and how it felt as I was working with it.

I also quilt, so I really like to do afghans that look like quilts.

For anyone wanting to make this one. It was really not that difficult. It is mainly granny squares. The only confusing places were the joining rounds, but it was easy enough to figure out.

That is absoultely beautiful! Does look kinda complicated though. I'll have to check out that book - it's amoung the few I DON'T have!:lol

Lynn

Wow! That's really beautiful! :tup I really love that way it looks like a quilt and I love anything granny, it's my favorite. You'll be snuggly warm this winter for sure! :)

Archived