Blue Star Afghan

FelixLake

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job on the afghan!! I made that pattern at the beginning of the year....it was my first project ever :eek I don't know what I was thinking when I started it, but I managed to finish it! Did you get sick of weaving in the ends on the granny squares? I eventually made my mother weave some in for me while we were on vacation! :lol

As a note to anyone who is thinking about trying this pattern, be careful as there were errors in the original printed pattern!!! You can e-mail Herrschners and ask for the pattern corrections! I thought that I was going crazy :think and doing something wrong as a beginner....I ended up just fudging it and feeling horrible that I could not read a pattern and get it right......then when I was done I found out about the errors from someone else! I have the corrections now and one day I will do the afghan again.....one day!

That is BEAUTIFUL! I have wanted to make that one for a long time. I think your colors are even prettier than the ones in the book. I am thinking about doing one in burgundy, light sage, and aran. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,

Pam :tdance

I have this book! I picked it up because i loved the afghan on the front! I can't believe you made it! I am soooo impressed! Great Job!!! Amazing!

Did it take a long time to make? I have wanted to try it but . . .

I checked out the book at Hobby Lobby yesterday. I absolutely LOVE the pattern but it looks sooooo complicated. SInce Hobby Lobby has their pattern books 1/2 off this week I may go back and get it just to have it if I ever want to tackle that afghan!:lol

Lynn

• 4 weeks later...

Oh how Pretty. I like it very much. Great job. Now to keep telling myself........:no :no :no you cant add it to my already looooooong list. Till after the holidays that is...........:hook

I just finished an afghan that I actually made for myself. :yay It is called Blue Star from the Blue-Ribbon Afghans, Leisure Arts book. Blue wouldn't have worked in my house so I did it in green instead. :check I used TLC yarn and a G hook. It was fairly easy, it was just a lot of steps. I liked the way the granny squares were added as you worked instead of having to sew them all together at the end. :sew

I hope you like it.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/FelixLake/P1010024.jpg

:woo fantastic!!! :woo

I bought that book just because of that pattern. Someday I hope to make it too!!!

Yours looks incredible!!! :yay

That turned out really pretty. I have that pattern and have thought about making it. You did a lovely job. I love the colors!

Archived