Finished! Pineapple Shawl

perigrine

Well, after three days and frogging countless times, I finally managed to finish my Pineapple shawl.

I did it with 8ply cotton and a G hook. Final domensions are 47 inches at the widest points, and 28 inches deep (?) I love this completed crochet so much I am going to keep it.

Next one will be done with yarn and an I hook.

crochet001.jpg

Ooops...I missed a spot to 'close'

Wow! Beautiful! I have got to tackle a pineapple one of these days. I don't know why but they scare me (as does thread.) I have an E hook which I'm afraid to use. You make it look easy!

8 ply cotton (in Australia) is probably thicker than baby weight yarn in the States, though maybe a fraction less than Red Heart.

Your shawl is gorgeous!! I've seen a bunch of these, here at the 'ville, but I don't know where the pattern comes from....where did you get it? (Please, don't tell me you just made it up....;) )

..where did you get it? ;) )

the pattern for it comes from a chair set found here - www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/PineFan.html

I stumbled across one someone else made in Crochetville and decided to try it. I am thinking of a way to get rid of the half circle that starts it for next time.:think

Archived