Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ya'll  Just dropped in to say hi, Still having migraines. Go to doctor on the 6th. Hope everyone doing good. Sounds like it. Its been raining here for 4 days now. Again tomorrow.  And it has been cool.  Well check back later. Love ya'll Arlene :hug

Just a quick post today. DH's best friend came over for most of the afternoon with his 4 year old and Sister and Peanut brought over the computer monitor for me and I made dinner and I'm ready for bed! This whole computer/Internet thing for my grandmother has me all sorts of confused and a little stressed just because I don't know what I'm doing and she knows even less than I do, so explaining it to her isn't easy. And the whole reason for this is because she and my uncle (who lives with her) are fighting and not speaking and that's not helping me or my stress level!

Tomorrow I'll work on the computer and try to talk to my cousin about the Internet for grandmother. He works for Sprint and that's who my uncle had his Internet through so hopefully Cousin can help. I'm just at a loss.

I hope everyone had a good Friday. Sopo, I hope you feel better soon! And Arlene I'm glad you'll be seeing a doctor soon about these headaches!

Hello,

I hope anyone along the east coast in the storm area are staying safe and dry, the pictures don't look nice.

I had a very nice dinner with daughter, son-in-law and his parents last night. Today I'm spending the day in my sewing room. I need to make a pair of pajama pants for my grandson since I made his sister's costume and I can't go visit with something for one and not the other, my daughter is making his skeleton costume. I also have a baby romper in progress for a coworker who is expecting her first baby. Guess that's about all the "excitement" around here :lol . Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Hello!  Surprise!  It's me again!!! Don't get used to it, lol!    I received a puffy with a scarf and some pretty squares and I was wondering if the wonderful person that sent them was from this group?  I didn't recognize the name.  I won't give it out just in case she isn't from here, but thank you so much if you are, lol,  hope that makes sense to you guys , lol.  I have to keep my people safe, so don't give out names to anyone.   

Fall has arrived here.  It sure has been chilly the past few days and the rain has arrived too.  I don't know if we are going to get hit by the storm coming up the coast, but I will keep everyone in my prayers.  well, hubby just got home so I'm going to go spend some time with him.  Have a great weekend all!  Take care!  OH, and keep those snakes wherever they are!  I do not want them around me! LOL!

It's not dry by all means here. The wind is picking up outside but we are safe right now. I think we will just get tons of rain to the point I'm sure flooding is going on. Haven't lost power yet but it's been flickering. So hopefully we don't. I went and got some grocery's which haven't done in a few weeks and it was a zoo and Walmarts lights were even flickering and went off once. Alls I can do is pray for the best.

So good to see you grannyannie

owlvamp I am signed up on the wish list. They are a good way to get to know each other a little better

I hope you make it through the storm ok.

I am really tired today. We spent yesterday at a Japan Festival with the Bonsai Society.

This morning we went to Powell Gardens for their harvest festival. We went early so there wasn't much going on yet but we got to see all the unique scarecrows, gourd art, and tractors. This evening I think we will stop at Red Robin so dh can get his free birthday burger. Today has been cool and cloudy--feels like fall. I must start bringing in plants.

welll hello all, what a week huh, flooding in most of the south and east, and more coming in from the west coast, probably to soak usgood in a few dsys, i told handman, start the building of a boat, big enough for us, and the pets,i think we're gonna need it soon!!!

so miss annie, they were from our own snowbear! how wonderful, i know your love getting squares, and scarves too, ill have to get busy, still working on thie man ghan, sheesh, I trimmed it tonight, simple granny trim as it is for a man, and it came out nice...

I made a mistake earlier, it is not woodsey for the varigated, it was called painted desert linda, my bad,just assumed it was woodsey, lol

ANyway,,  took 2 skeins of each,

hi acey, how you feeling, and everyone else I missed!! oh, feel better sopo, im feeling your pain as well, lol       

painted desert,     aran      cafe latte,  and partial skeins of each the red and the green,  or smaller ammounts, enough for  few colors in there too, ill pic it tomorrow, when iay it ou t,I think i did 8x9 rows f 5 inch squares, no trim on them, until the end after i got it all sewed together, Ithink they will like it, it's not my choice of colors, lol but I gave it my  best shot!! Do you all find it difficult to work with colors you don' care for, or is that just a me thing...

Sounds like you all are keeping busy, and yes, forgive me, happy october Birthdays to.........

carol, CShort, and Just Addglitter,Maggie, happy oct birthday to you both, and since carol isn't collecting squares, maybe a nice card, or hey, check and see if she is on the wish list ladies...Have you all signed up yet!! i have not yet, im thinking, lol     

well shoot, such a week or two, seems if it iesn't one thing, it's another, sandra, so happy things are improving for you, and snowbear, glad to have you and grannie annie check in with us again too, we missed you all!!

glad to have you back too bgs, its like a day without sunshine, when we all can't chat a bit, i have been running here and there, and this and that, and plus my allergies, sheesh, when will this end......Im wondering if it isn't that and the flu on top, or something, I have just been miserable, no energy, no interest in much, irritrable, and sick of not feeling good, lol, but I got some new meds, well will tomorrow, otc, supposed to combine them, and see if that helps, sheesh, i even hung my head over a hot pot of vinegar waterr boiling, and inhaled for about 10 minutes, twice today, that seems to break it up aa bit, and was glad my nose was running a bit, it's all just been setting up housekeeping in my sinus's, so got some mucinex too, hope that does some good, it usually does for me anyway, we'l see.....

Handy man put some brake pads on the truck today, and mowed, which is probably why im stuffed up, and went did a git of food shopping, and went to Meanards, which is like a lowes, or a home depot, but better, lol, and looked around at some patio furniture, and stuff, we can always store it in the shed till nes spring, right, lol......other than that, nothing handyman is stuffed up and blah    feeling to, so whatever it is, we both are suffering with it, and ladies, tell me, what is worse than ourselves being sick, thats  THEM BEING SICK........gggggggggRRRRRRRR... all for now,hope you al are staying safe, and out of harms way with the floods and storms and such... take care all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

oh my gosh,Katie

when guys get a cold they treat it like the world's gonna end

also thanks for letting us know what a Meanards is,I was under the impression it was a food store

gloomy here,but getting drier that's a plus plus,now if the sun would shine I'd be a happy camper

katy hope you and handyman feel better soon. I have been wanting to go to Menards but there are lots of Lowes and Home Depots that are so much closer to us.

So far its another cloudy day here. We could use a little rain to wet down the dust on the road. They are redoing the drainage ditches so there are lots of dump trucks and heavy machinery making the dust worse

Oh what a day? I knew I had a new student starting today and I found out last night that one of my aides would not be in today and all that mixed with it being Monday made for a very tiring day. Part of me would like to crawl into bed and sleep but I also want to go to a sewing guild meeting tonight. So I guess I'll rest a bit and then get ready to go, besides if I go to sleep now I won't sleep through the night and that will really mess me up. Not much else going on. Have a great evening everyone.

Hi all!

I tried to read the whole thread, but I realized that with 743 pages, well, I'll have to take it slow-I have projects to make! I just joined this thread, but have been around the forum reading and admiring everyone's beautiful work. 

My name is Rosie, I have 4 great (read insane) kids, 2 adorable (read drooling barking butt wagging) dogs, and 4 fantastic (read totally insane and wrecking my house) cats. I love to crochet, and since right now my personal life has taken a stressful turn (divorce proceedings which have turned into a nasty fight), crocheting has been my stress reliever!

My truck broke down on Saturday and I just got the estimate, which is causing some additional stress, but heck-I always feel everything will be ok-I just have to get through the rough waters to get to smooth sailing!

I'm glad to be here on this thread, and hope to get involved in the conversations with you all.  :)

welcome Rosie, no wonder there is a 4 on the end of that screen name, evreything is in fours for you,children, dogs, cats, lol how funny.. Welcome to the thread, i got your name up on the first post of this thread just today, ao everyone, please welcome our newest member, annnnd imight add, she is a dec. birthday too, so welcome rosieSounds l ike life for you got very busy here lately, and seems to me, no matter what we have to go through, we some come out on the other side, so you have a good attitude, and we are here to support not ony your Afghan, ha ha, but you as well, feel free to ask any of us whatever you have to ask, this group is very very supportive, and giving, and so talented, i can't begin to tell you, lol. we look forward to getting to know you, and include ou in our little group........ :cheer  :clap  :welcome

haha, believe it or not, they do have some food there, like canned things, dog food, cat litter, those kinds of things, it's an everything store, but not as expensive as Lowe's, and one stop, almost a hardware heaven for the guys.lol

oh my gosh,Katie

when guys get a cold they treat it like the world's gonna end

also thanks for letting us know what a Meanards is,I was under the impression it was a food store

gloomy here,but getting drier that's a plus plus,now if the sun would shine I'd be a happy camper

well if not that the world is going to end, it certainly should at least stop while they are sick, right@@@@@@@@@

katy hope you and handyman feel better soon. I have been wanting to go to Menards but there are lots of Lowes and Home Depots that are so much closer to us.

So far its another cloudy day here. We could use a little rain to wet down the dust on the road. They are redoing the drainage ditches so there are lots of dump trucks and heavy machinery making the dust worse

well we have those here too, but  according to handyman, Menards, is way better in price and quality, that any other in town, and as much as he is around those places, he should know, lol... they have things like outdoor furniture, umm, appliances, such as toasters, and tools, and washing machines, oh and shower doors, and lamps, and vacuums, and household cleaning things, to name a few of what i go for, lol... Handyman gets our canned fancy feast there, as it is much cheaper than the grocery or prt store, and Iams, too.     just sayin, lol 

oh o so you are putting up with heavy machiery too, the roads here are still under construction, so every day its a new adventure getting out to the main roads, lol........this way that i went yesterday, is now barricaded off, so turn around, go the other way, uh oh, more cones, one lane, squeeze through, oh, not coming back th is way kind of thing. lolol.Not to mention, they seemed to have cut a fiber optic line, that put us out of phone, and interernet for like over 26 hours, on now, but sheesh........

poor Carol, a typical monday though i am afriad, if anything can go wrong, trust me, it'll be on a monday, ha ha ha......get some fun in at the sewing meeting!!

Oh what a day? I knew I had a new student starting today and I found out last night that one of my aides would not be in today and all that mixed with it being Monday made for a very tiring day. Part of me would like to crawl into bed and sleep but I also want to go to a sewing guild meeting tonight. So I guess I'll rest a bit and then get ready to go, besides if I go to sleep now I won't sleep through the night and that will really mess me up. Not much else going on. Have a great evening everyone.

i think i am done with said man ghan, i was going to photo it today for you, but wondered, should i put another row of trim on, lolol, oh well, its coming, just hang in there with me a day or two longer........

Ms. Yarnmonkey, said puffy will go out tomorrow... sorry for the delay, hope it doesn't slow you down any on the ghan@@

Maggie, mis justaddglitter, what are your prefs again for birthday squares please, i have conflicting info, one for 8 inch brights, and one source (a scribble here or there, ha ha) says 12 inch brights please confirm which for me again! thnk you bunches!

again, Happy Birrhday month to Carol, and Maggie!!! :birthday  :bday

and how are you feeling these days LACEY!!  HOW IS OUR OLITTLE MAMA TO BE DOING!

And TRIBBLE, HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU, AND ANGEL SEEMS LOsT IN WORK THESE DAYS, AS DOES POOR kimgoodie, and so many others of us it's been a long time hearing from you, come in and catch up with us, pweety pwease!!!

um rosie, did you say 3 and 6 inch, any color no varigated, or just 6 inch, thanks dear......

3 or 6 inches-either are great. No variegated, and any color under the sun! Thanks, katy!

Welcome Rosie4!

Poor Carol sounds like an exhausting day.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

katy I see the commercials for Menards on tv and have wanted to go.  It looked like they had better sales than the other two places.  It's just that the two Menards I can think of are an hour and a half drive away.  We pass them when we are headed somewhere and no time to stop. 

Well I think I got all my plants repotted that needed it.  Now its time to see how many I can get squeezed into the house. 

Archived