Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

thanksl, have been told to chew my food more, as my trachea is rather narrow, lol, sooooooooo there ya go, i won't eat rice again, scare factor was enough,but will try to chew my food better, just that sometimes, I don't even want food in my mouth, let alone, LONGER chewing it, i know i am just weird ok. lol

Holy smokes, Katy! I'm glad you're okay!!! 

I'm hoping my new phone will be here today *fingers crossed* Oh and here's a picture of the girls, not sure how much if at all that I've shared them! lol They say hello!  :D

attachicon.gifgirls2015.jpg

What is everyone working on? I've got about 4 shawls and an afghan that are all WIPs. Eek! lol Hope you have a great weekend! TGIF!  :ghug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy smokes, Katy! I'm glad you're okay!!! 

I'm hoping my new phone will be here today *fingers crossed* Oh and here's a picture of the girls, not sure how much if at all that I've shared them! lol They say hello!  :D

attachicon.gifgirls2015.jpg

What is everyone working on? I've got about 4 shawls and an afghan that are all WIPs. Eek! lol Hope you have a great weekend! TGIF!  :ghug

They are adorable!!  :yes

It's been quiet in here this weekend. I hope that means everyone is off doing fun things! DH and I went to Field Day of the Past today. It's sort of a fair, but they have these old building built... a post office and a general store and an old church and they have lots of old farm equipment and a flea market and lots and lots of food! There wasn't a whole lot to keep us occupied all day but we spent a couple hours walking around and looking at all the things for sale. I was hoping for carnival glass but didn't find any! Oh well! 

Tomorrow we have another football game so it's up and out early. I don't know if DH is aware yet, but we're stopping to get me breakfast again! It's my favorite meal of the day and I don't get it a lot because he doesn't care for it but if I'm out of the house at 9, I deserve breakfast!! Lol!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! I'll try to check in tomorrow, depending on how tired I am when I get home.  :)

Hi squares...Hppy weekend to y ou all!! I didnt have any plans today, so was sort of a stay at home, be lazy day for me!! What have you been up to, i know yarn monkey is busy that girl is always doing something, lol, I don't know where she finds the time to even crochet, but she does!!! Im sending her last 3 8 inch needed brights, no caron squares to her come the first of next week, so pretty soon, she will have something to show us, i hope, lol.

Hopw everyone else is ok, i cut my left index finger on a sharp knife chopping up some onions and peppers, but that is due to the fact that I was too lay apparently to get out the food processor, and use that, takes a fraction of the time, don't know why i idn't use it, just thought I could do it as there wasnt that much to chop, but that knife was a sharpie, lol, happily it is healing nicely and doesn affect my crochetingllll

Im working on some solid color five iinch squares, going to put them all with some tan ones I have, and make a lapghan, or afghan out of them, i think i will edge them all in off white, i have tan ones done, and some brown so far, thinking some woodsy varigated ones would look nice too, so we'll see...... I had a lot of trouble with the tan i have, it's warm brown, and just had more trouble with crocheting with it, wellk, probably my cut finger was part of the prob, but sheesh, also it had about 5 knot i found all the way through the skein, should have taken it back, but didn't want to face walmart again, so soon. lol I have four skeins of the same dyelot, in my STASH to use up,and hope i don' t have th same trouble with the others, o I will pak them all up and off to walmart on Tuesday..........

What other olors in solids, would go with sort of a manly ghan, i have that warm brown, some varigated with browns in it, and tan, and off white, and was thinking about some nary, and or burgundy, what do you all think for a man, would that be ok..........

that's all, im off, made some cupcakes today, gotta go zip lock them, made adozen, got a little over half left, probably just 6 though by morning, as handy man will probably have a couple more later, ha ha ha.......

have a good rest of your weekend, take care all, and brenda, if you are lurking, hi, hope you are doing better!! :ghug hugs for all that need them!!!! hey ya annie, ho you doing too lady, give us a wave now and then!!

Hi squares...Hppy weekend to y ou all!! I didnt have any plans today, so was sort of a stay at home, be lazy day for me!! What have you been up to, i know yarn monkey is busy that girl is always doing something, lol, I don't know where she finds the time to even crochet, but she does!!! Im sending her last 3 8 inch needed brights, no caron squares to her come the first of next week, so pretty soon, she will have something to show us, i hope, lol.

Hopw everyone else is ok, i cut my left index finger on a sharp knife chopping up some onions and peppers, but that is due to the fact that I was too lay apparently to get out the food processor, and use that, takes a fraction of the time, don't know why i idn't use it, just thought I could do it as there wasnt that much to chop, but that knife was a sharpie, lol, happily it is healing nicely and doesn affect my crochetingllll

Im working on some solid color five iinch squares, going to put them all with some tan ones I have, and make a lapghan, or afghan out of them, i think i will edge them all in off white, i have tan ones done, and some brown so far, thinking some woodsy varigated ones would look nice too, so we'll see...... I had a lot of trouble with the tan i have, it's warm brown, and just had more trouble with crocheting with it, wellk, probably my cut finger was part of the prob, but sheesh, also it had about 5 knot i found all the way through the skein, should have taken it back, but didn't want to face walmart again, so soon. lol I have four skeins of the same dyelot, in my STASH to use up,and hope i don' t have th same trouble with the others, o I will pak them all up and off to walmart on Tuesday..........

What other olors in solids, would go with sort of a manly ghan, i have that warm brown, some varigated with browns in it, and tan, and off white, and was thinking about some nary, and or burgundy, what do you all think for a man, would that be ok..........

that's all, im off, made some cupcakes today, gotta go zip lock them, made adozen, got a little over half left, probably just 6 though by morning, as handy man will probably have a couple more later, ha ha ha.......

have a good rest of your weekend, take care all, and brenda, if you are lurking, hi, hope you are doing better!! :ghug hugs for all that need them!!!! hey ya annie, ho you doing too lady, give us a wave now and then!!

I think hunter green goes well with the browns and the woodsy varigated

Hello!

I spent the weekend at my daughter's house. We went to Mickey's not so scary Halloween party Friday night and had a great time. We also spent some time at Hollywood Studios and Epcot before heading back to their house yesterday. Then today we went to church and lunch before I came home. Now it's time to think about going back to work tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good week.

I've done an afghan in buff, latte and black and it's masculine looking but hunter or an olive green would be nice too. I have 10 of the 15 granny totes done for the order... and yarn burn on my index finger. lol Just 5 more to go, a lapghan to finish and a hat and hood I want to do and a website to build somewhere in there. My daughter and mom gave me some yarn as I thought I had enough but didn't and they aren't crocheting any right now. Hope you are all well. New week new joy for all hopefully. 

funny, I had taken out a skein of the hunter green, and a dark thyme, also worked up a ranch red square , that woked in the color scheme, as i picked out a few colors found in the varigated and laying them out, i think i did ok, wanted to use up some navy i have, but seems well  a little dark for the other colors, as does the coffee brown, but I think i got it down now to a way that looks ok, ill take a pic maybe tomorrow, i just have only about 12 squares down, and don't know how much more to do, i suppose til i run out of one of those colors, lol,pics tomorrow, take care all.........

Hey everybody! *waves heartily* Just a quick flyby. Sorry I haven't been around; I've been doing a lot of offline reading and we've been trying to make ourselves do house work as well. I finally got my craft room painted at the new place! Now I just have to organise it.... :lol

Little Viking's fifth birthday is coming up soon. We're thinking about just having it at our place rather than going out somewhere, and holding it on Halloween so the kids can wear their costumes. So I've got some party planning to do! I'm hoping to get invitations out this week; we'll see!

Well, welcome bac Lauren!!!  been awile, glad to hear you are alive and well, and fifth birthday for little viking, wow, take plenty of pics for s!!!

A cindrella dress carol, you are truley a fairy Grandmother!!!

oh,here is the pic i snapped today, of what i am working on, a manly colored ghan, me thinks, lol, so far, I have only about 24 squares done, of the ones shown, but working on here and there, now and then, lolol..

I am using some woodsy sort of varitgated, as my base, it has tan, rust, green, blue and some off white in it, and of course browns.    so i am making the solids in   Aran,

and rel teal 

soft navy

med Thyme green,

cafe latte

and a ranch red,   whiic h is the closest color i hve in stash, nd it it looks pretty good in there...
   all red heart yarns...... i didn't have to use the tanish color (buff) yet. for the solids, as i had at first planned, but if I need to, i will, or trim it with that.  the teal and the anvy are not that bright  in real life, lol, but for some reason in the camera's eye, this is how it came out, anyway, hope it works out well, the blue in the varigated is very subtle, but i think the teal and navy highlight it a little in the mix, soooooo anyway, that is what is on the work talbe as we speak.... haven't figured out yet  either, how many rows, or how big it will be, i only did 5 inch squares, in case i decide to edge them all in...???? lol enjoy..

post-40621-0-56723400-1443039927_thumb.jpg

the pope is in newyork, now i am not Catholic, or in fact  really too outwardly  religious but Ihe is consiered the holiest of all, so I do hope, he certainly prays for this country this world, before it is too late, things are getting so kaotic and lawless anymore, and i hope he is the guidance and help we all need to straighen this  world out ,before its just simply too late, and  we lose it all.,and im scared for him too, to be out among all those people......

Hi all I have been lurking to see what you have been up to. I am trying to be okay but haven't felt much like crocheting. It's not so much the sadness that dad is gone but the worrying about what all needs to be done now so much so I am having anxiety attacks (high blood pressure which then causes my chest and ear to ache) I just have to stop take a deep breathe and tell myself its going to be okay. I worry a lot for one of my sisters as final decisions rest on her shoulders. To top it off I was shocked on Mon when the eye dr said he would recommend me to have cataract surgery any time I was ready. I thought my biggest problem was I needed trifocals. He just told me I had very small atypical cataracts last year and not to worry about them. I opted to wait and see him again in 6 months.

Brenda, I'm sorry you are going through so much, I'll be praying for things to work out quickly  :hug

Katie, the squares look great. 

Having yesterday off from work had me out of sorts today, I kept thinking today was Monday :eek .

Here is the dress I made yesterday while was off 

post-4459-0-76956700-1443132849_thumb.jpg

Brenda, I'm sorry you are going through so much, I'll be praying for things to work out quickly  :hug

Having yesterday off from work had me out of sorts today, I kept thinking today was Monday :eek .

attachicon.gifCinderella dress.JPG

Its beautiful carol, your little princess will  love it!!

Bgs, i feel your pain, but you must not make yourself sick over this, in time, things will work out, some way or another, and this will be behind you....I take the supplement valarian, when i am feeling anxious, just one capsule, and it seems to help, i just use that as a last resort, but they are within reach anytime i feel stressed, or anxious, or nervous for some reason......

Hey everybody! *waves heartily* Just a quick flyby. Sorry I haven't been around; I've been doing a lot of offline reading and we've been trying to make ourselves do house work as well. I finally got my craft room painted at the new place! Now I just have to organise it.... :lol

Little Viking's fifth birthday is coming up soon. We're thinking about just having it at our place rather than going out somewhere, and holding it on Halloween so the kids can wear their costumes. So I've got some party planning to do! I'm hoping to get invitations out this week; we'll see!

Glad to see you check in! I was wondering about the Viking Family escapades the other day.  :) Happy birthday to LV and I'm glad you're getting the new house all situated. I hope you're loving it! 

Well, welcome bac Lauren!!!  been awile, glad to hear you are alive and well, and fifth birthday for little viking, wow, take plenty of pics for s!!!

A cindrella dress carol, you are truley a fairy Grandmother!!!

oh,here is the pic i snapped today, of what i am working on, a manly colored ghan, me thinks, lol, so far, I have only about 24 squares done, of the ones shown, but working on here and there, now and then, lolol..

I am using some woodsy sort of varitgated, as my base, it has tan, rust, green, blue and some off white in it, and of course browns.    so i am making the solids in   Aran,

and rel teal 

soft navy

med Thyme green,

cafe latte

and a ranch red,   whiic h is the closest color i hve in stash, nd it it looks pretty good in there...

all red heart yarns...... i didn't have to use the tanish color (buff) yet. for the solids, as i had at first planned, but if I need to, i will, or trim it with that.  the teal and the anvy are not that bright  in real life, lol, but for some reason in the camera's eye, this is how it came out, anyway, hope it works out well, the blue in the varigated is very subtle, but i think the teal and navy highlight it a little in the mix, soooooo anyway, that is what is on the work talbe as we speak.... haven't figured out yet  either, how many rows, or how big it will be, i only did 5 inch squares, in case i decide to edge them all in...???? lol enjoy..

I think those colors you chose look great together! Very manly!  :yes

Hi all I have been lurking to see what you have been up to. I am trying to be okay but haven't felt much like crocheting. It's not so much the sadness that dad is gone but the worrying about what all needs to be done now so much so I am having anxiety attacks (high blood pressure which then causes my chest and ear to ache) I just have to stop take a deep breathe and tell myself its going to be okay. I worry a lot for one of my sisters as final decisions rest on her shoulders. To top it off I was shocked on Mon when the eye dr said he would recommend me to have cataract surgery any time I was ready. I thought my biggest problem was I needed trifocals. He just told me I had very small atypical cataracts last year and not to worry about them. I opted to wait and see him again in 6 months.

Oh, Brenda, I'm so sorry you and your sisters are having to go through all of this.  :hug I know it's hard and I've been thinking about you. Hopefully when you go back in 6 months the eye doctor will have better news and you won't need the surgery. Or at least there won't be any change and you can keep on without it. 

Brenda, I'm sorry you are going through so much, I'll be praying for things to work out quickly 

Having yesterday off from work had me out of sorts today, I kept thinking today was Monday .

attachicon.gifCinderella dress.JPG

That Cinderella dress is beautiful! I would have been so happy to wear that for Halloween when I was young!!  :manyheart  I hope you're recovering from your day off. When I have a day off or something different that I'm used to one day, it throws me off for days and I spend the entire time thinking I'm forgetting something or a place I need to be. 

Tomorrow is the State Fair! DH and I are headed up around lunchtime and then Sister, Peanut and our cousin are all meeting us up there around 2. I can't wait to see how my things did. DH even submitted a photograph so I have high hopes for him too.  :)

Otherwise, I don't think there's been too much to report. DH and I had to run to Sister's yesterday because Peanut had locked the bathroom door and shut it (he was not inside, fortunately) and Sister tried everything she could think of to get it open and nothing worked. So DH grabbed his toolbox and off we went and he had the door open in about 10 seconds. Sister couldn't even believe it. 

And I've finally caught up on my squares for the Moogly CAL and I've been working birthday squares. Hopefully I'll get those out soon. 

Okay off to bed so I can get up and head to the fair. I hope everyone has had a good week!  :D

Brenda, sending hugs and prayers. 

That is a cute dress!

Well, I was up till 2:30 am the night before and finished the 15th and final tote in the car on the way to my aunt's. My daughter drove me in her new Jeep. We were halfway there and I heard what I thought was a gunshot but a semi had thrown a big rock and cracked a golf ball size place on my daughter's windshield. :(   We chased the driver down and he was a jerk, threatened to run over me and all. Very stressful. 

I just finished a scoodie that I thought was a smart idea but so far 2 on facebook don't like it. Well they don't like the eyes, I told them you have to have the eyes for Cookie Monster. Pics here: http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155431-cookie-monster-scoodie/

Ever have a day ya just want to go hide under the covers. Yep. I'm there. 

Hope you're all doing better and have a great weekend. 

Nikki, I hope you have winners at the fair. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with everyone there too.

Stephanie, I think the scoodie is super cute. I'm sorry to hear your daughter's new jeep was damaged, hopefully insurance will cover the repairs without any hassle.

Thanks for the compliments on the dress, I had fun making it and I'm sure my granddaughter will enjoy wearing it.

I'm happy it's Friday  :dance I'm hoping to finish a baby dress that I'm working on for gift and start a romper for another baby gift this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Brenda, sending hugs and prayers. 

That is a cute dress!

Well, I was up till 2:30 am the night before and finished the 15th and final tote in the car on the way to my aunt's. My daughter drove me in her new Jeep. We were halfway there and I heard what I thought was a gunshot but a semi had thrown a big rock and cracked a golf ball size place on my daughter's windshield. :(   We chased the driver down and he was a jerk, threatened to run over me and all. Very stressful. 

I just finished a scoodie that I thought was a smart idea but so far 2 on facebook don't like it. Well they don't like the eyes, I told them you have to have the eyes for Cookie Monster. Pics here: http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155431-cookie-monster-scoodie/

Ever have a day ya just want to go hide under the covers. Yep. I'm there. 

Hope you're all doing better and have a great weekend. 

I'm sorry your daughter's Jeep was damaged and that the driver was an absolute jerk but I'm glad you all weren't hurt! I think the scoodie is adorable! One thing I've learned on Facebook is that everybody has an opinion and they're more likely to express it there!  :yes

Well, we went to the fair and I was about 50/50 on winners... My Fortune's Shawlette got Second Place, the Hugs & Kisses Baby Blanket got First and my rug and Uncle Sam didn't get anything. I still can't believe that Uncle Sam didn't get any sort of ribbon at all. I don't understand it. I didn't even think to take pictures of the ones that did win ribbons because I was so irritated with Uncle Sam.  :(

Peanut had a fabulous time though! We walked back through the games, because of course DH wanted to win something for him, and there were stuffed Minions everywhere! Peanut got so excited and he pointed at all of them. Sister won him a Minion and DH won him a little stuffed heart. He hugged the heart and gave the Minion kisses all day long. He really had a blast and really enjoyed the tractor pull, until they got out the really loud tractors. I was holding him and he jumped and did his shaking scared thing (Sister and I call it his "jazz hands") and grabbed on to me like it was after him.  :rofl Poor kid, I felt so bad but I laughed till I was crying! Oh and he loved the animals again, of course. He got to pet a baby duck and I was so proud of him being so gentle and just petting it with one little finger. There was another little boy there at the same time, probably about 3 years old, who I swear was trying to pull the little duck's head right off his body. The woman with the duck kept telling him to be gentle and his Mom just let him keep grabbing.  :no

Tomorrow Sister and I are going to run a couple errands and I'll have dinner in the crock pot in the morning so it should be a nice easy day! 

Anyway, here are a couple fair pictures and I'm off to bed! 

post-11765-0-06484700-1443240391_thumb.jpg

He got to "drive" the Bat Mobile. He's clearly related... he loves cars just like his granddad and great uncle! 

post-11765-0-62216600-1443240393_thumb.jpg

With his Minion and the Heart from "Unca"

post-11765-0-52592200-1443240475_thumb.jpg

He also has a serious sweet tooth! He wasn't letting any of that fried Oreo go to waste!

Sopo sorry about the windshield but glad you are okay. The googly eyes definitely make it Cookie Monster so I think you nailed it. I think it would also be very pretty without the eyes

cshort thats a lovely dress. I love seeing your sewing projects

yarn_monkey I can't believe Uncle Sam did not take grand champion. Peanut is so cute. Thanks for sharing him with us

hi all, first, so sorry about the windshield, always something, huh... andpeanut is a doll baby, and looks so happy!! I can'tbelieve either, that uncle sam didn't win first, sheesh, do people realize how much work went into him, oh i knOW, probably the judges, are NON crocheters!!!!!! he he he. we all know it was worth a blue ribbon, but congts on the other wins, did hubby win for his photo??

yarnmoneky,. i have your puffy al ready to go out, but have missed going to the post office, probably not now till monday, so sorry, road construction in our burb and hard getting around, and today, we got our driveway overlayed again with asphalt, soooooo  iwill go monday, if you can hold out till then, sorry for the delay.. Sandra, we are thinking about you, and know you have your hands full right now, hope all turns out welll and good wishes too, for anyone that needs them this time around, ill be more talkative tomorrow, im sure, lol tired tonight, did a lot of stuff i have been putting off, since i couldn't go our and about much, so take care all till we meet again, ok. :ghug  :manyheart

hi all, first, so sorry about the windshield, always something, huh... andpeanut is a doll baby, and looks so happy!! I can'tbelieve either, that uncle sam didn't win first, sheesh, do people realize how much work went into him, oh i knOW, probably the judges, are NON crocheters!!!!!! he he he. we all know it was worth a blue ribbon, but congts on the other wins, did hubby win for his photo??

The only thing I can think of as a reason for it not winning any sort of ribbon at all is that they think it was miscategorized and should have been in granny square afghans or something, even though they aren't granny squares. I really hate their categories because they're vague and have no description whatsoever! They won't even consider judging something if they think it's been put in the wrong category but they don't give you details for the categories. I tried emailing the person listed on the Arts & Crafts competition paperwork and she said she had no idea, but I should talk to someone with more experience crocheting. I said I've been crocheting for 2/3 of my life, about 20 years, so it's not like I'm new at this. 

DH didn't win anything either. It was a beautiful picture too, off the back deck of his mom's condo in Florida. The sun was setting and the water was very still, so it had a perfect reflection of the sunset and the clouds in the water. I told him oh well, we'll get a frame for it and hang it here in the house! 

Peanut had the absolute best time! Squealing and laughing and pointing at everything! Sister and I were talking about him today and we said we think we broke him! He fell asleep before they got out of the parking lot, slept the whole way home, couldn't wait to get to bed when she got home and then slept straight through the night. He hasn't done that since he started teething! Sister was thrilled to have a full night's sleep!

yarnmoneky,. i have your puffy al ready to go out, but have missed going to the post office, probably not now till monday, so sorry, road construction in our burb and hard getting around, and today, we got our driveway overlayed again with asphalt, soooooo  iwill go monday, if you can hold out till then, sorry for the delay.. Sandra, we are thinking about you, and know you have your hands full right now, hope all turns out welll and good wishes too, for anyone that needs them this time around, ill be more talkative tomorrow, im sure, lol tired tonight, did a lot of stuff i have been putting off, since i couldn't go our and about much, so take care all till we meet again, ok. :ghug  :manyheart

Don't worry at all about it taking time! I completely understand! We've got some sort of world bicycle races happening here and we have had random streets shut down all across town for a few weeks now, for both the preparations and the races themselves. This is the last weekend and I think everyone who lives here is thrilled! We don't live in the city and aren't affected by the closures unless we go into town (which we won't do lol) but there are bikes everywhere! 

Sister and I went out and ran some errands today, Costco and Target and whatnot, and I'm still wore out from the fair yesterday so I'm ready for bed! Nothing at all planned for tomorrow, thank goodness! I'm going to sleep and crochet and maybe do some laundry and that's going to be the end of my activities for the day. 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'll check back in tomorrow!  :)

Spent the afternoon cleaning out some of dad's clothes while dh mowed and weedeated. Then we loaded the old van that is going to the salvage yard with his scrap pile in the backyard which included 3 lawnmowers, a tiller, a tree limb chipper, wheel barrow, bicycles, guttering, tub from washing machine, and much more. There was lots of screaming from sister and niece when a opposum jumped out of an old grill.

Archived