Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent the afternoon cleaning out some of dad's clothes while dh mowed and weedeated. Then we loaded the old van that is going to the salvage yard with his scrap pile in the backyard which included 3 lawnmowers, a tiller, a tree limb chipper, wheel barrow, bicycles, guttering, tub from washing machine, and much more. There was lots of screaming from sister and niece when a opposum jumped out of an old grill.

I probably would have had a heart attack if that thing had jumped out near me! I can't stand those things. Creepy! I can't trust anything that can just bleed whenever it wants to. And they just look so nasty! 

Hi all :) So I went the 15th for my ultrasound. All is looking great :woo

Yay!!!!  :manyheart  :hug  :yay

Just a quick check in tonight. DH and I did absolutely nothing today, and it was really nice after all the running the last few days. It gave my legs and feet a chance to heal! Tomorrow I'm out early to get to Sister's and pick her and Peanut up. We're going to run to Joann's because I need some Sugar n Cream for the cat rear end coasters and I need some Homespun for a few hats for my stepmom's co-worker who is going through chemo. She doesn't want basic beanies so I've found some nice cloches to make that I think she'll like. I know from my mom that soft and easy care are the highest priorities! So I think Homespun is a good choice. Plus it's on sale! Then I have to take Sister to the shop to pick up her Jeep from getting its inspection and oil change. I know how it goes though, and we'll leave with 2 places on the agenda and wind up stopping at 4 or 5!  :)

Did anyone get to see the eclipse tonight? It's been raining here since Friday and was too cloudy here for DH and I to even think about driving out somewhere to see it. 

Okay, off to bed! I hope everyone has a good Monday! 

Good morning everyone! Just doing a flyby hi. I think I've hit a slump in my crocheting :( I keep looking at it, and my brain is just like, "Nope. Not today." So, for the most part, I've either been reading or cleaning.

Ok, enough about me! I hope everyone os well and having a great start to their week! See you all soon! :hugs for all!

slump yep been there done that katie!!

missed the eclipse, forgot about it i guess.

HI ya owlvamp, goood to see you posting again...

I have never ever hearrd of any opossom bleeding at will, i know they may play dead, but they are relative solitary nocturnal creatures, that really are clean animals, and prefer to just be left alone, but they sure look like a littl ghost animal to me!!

Hi All!  It's been awhile, does anyone still remember me? Lol!  I see things haven't changed around here.  I had a post all ready to go and it disappeared into cyberspace!  Grrrr.  Oh well, I didn't have too much to say anyway.  I have been keeping busy working on some CAL's/KAL's over on Ravelry.  I spend at least half my day sleeping (no energy what so ever) and try to get the hooks and needles going when I'm up.  I really need to get going on Christmas presents.  Hubby and I watched the eclipse the other night.  That was awesome.

Well my dear friends, I hope that you are all well.  I think of all often.  I am so sorry that I just can't get in here to spend some time with you all more.  Until next time...... :hug

Oh course we remember you Annie! I hope your energy gets back up soon!

I was going to watch the eclipse, but it was too cloudy here :( a while later tho, we had a very nice full moon to look at :)

I hope you all are having a great day! I have to go get ready to go to my sons iep meting at the school, so I shall see you all later :hugs everyone!

hi all, speacial hello to ann, and giltter, to whom ( what is an iep meeting?? it has been a while, lol, glad you both posted, and hope ann that you get more energy soon, until then, don't despair, do what you can, when you can, your body needs the rest, but we are so glad you stopped in!!

possoms, full moons, rain, lol,done that, been there, but sunny and bright out today, clear and cooler, perfect fall day... Now I have taken a clariton, so will await results, to see If i can open a window a bit for the demanding little cat here, lets see how the allergies act first,lol...

still working on "manly", as i have come to all my latest afghan, with the brown and the green, and varigated,and some ranch red,  haven't used the navy prrobabaly won't as  it is working out with what i have made already, unless I decide to do another row, one way or the other, lol, i have so far done it 8x9 squares, and then will  edge with a couple two-to four inches of something, to bring it up to about 48x44,iwhich seems to be a good slize for throwing over the bottom of the bed, like they wanted it,  so probably wlll  sometime soon, start sewing th rows together,,     (hate that part, lol) and then coniinue on with the  edging 72 squares later, im getting there!!! Ths is going to an elderly gentleman husband of a friend, whom is in the vets nursing home, probably not to return home any time soon, and his feet get cold, soooo.... I am making it for her to take to him, whevever she goes again to visit, which gives me till mid october, so hopefully it will get done, sheesh, this thing took more time to lay out and decide how to put it together to where I liked it, then it did to making the squares, lol.....but almost well, pretty well on the way to deadline, I would say, right on point with that so good deal!!

so besides that, haven't done much else, worked on I mean, but will do a few more scarves befor e the first sat of Oct for the shelter, and mabe a couple hats if I have time........I need to reasses my yarn stash as well, filling in and getting some of the colors i don't know yet till after the assement, lol, that I am out of, or in sore need of, lol...

that's all i have planned, for the near future of my crocheting, lol, so, hope everyone is keeping busy, and enjoying th fall, (sans the allergies) lol, and having a good week, happy Wednesday to all!!!!!!!! :ghug

Little black kitty went to the vet yesterday morning for her annual visit

She got her shots and she is staying at a good weight. We spent Sun and Mon afternoons mowing so allergies are in full swing. I have been in a crochet slump too so I defaulted to what I call katy's hotpads (those double thick ones with the spokes) and towel holders. They keep my hands busy and I don't have to concentrate too much

In local news yesterday a lady's young son found a snake in the toilet. They had to remove the toilet take it outside and break the toilet up to get it out. It was a python. Lady had just moved in and previous owners had pet snakes. Something else I guess one should keep in mind when moving----what kind of pets did the prevoius occupants have?

Hello everyone!

I saw the story about the snake in the toilet. Someone at work yesterday said our local news reported about a snake someone found in a pile of clothes at a local flea market. One of my assistants at work has hired someone to catch a snake in her back yard but she has been talking about it for a couple weeks. A couple nights ago I had a dream that there was a snake loose in my house, I don't want to hear about any more snakes. :no

I left work a little frustrated today because of an online test that I had to take for the new laptops we are getting, I didn't pass the test so now I have to take an online class. :rant

Other than snakes and tests there is not a whole lot going on here. I'm going to try to do a little sewing tonight to relax.

slump yep been there done that katie!!

missed the eclipse, forgot about it i guess.

HI ya owlvamp, goood to see you posting again...

I have never ever hearrd of any opossom bleeding at will, i know they may play dead, but they are relative solitary nocturnal creatures, that really are clean animals, and prefer to just be left alone, but they sure look like a littl ghost animal to me!!

It could just be one of those country bumpkin tales where I grew up. I could Google it, but then I'd have to see the creepy little critters and I'll just pass!  :D

Hi All!  It's been awhile, does anyone still remember me? Lol!  I see things haven't changed around here.  I had a post all ready to go and it disappeared into cyberspace!  Grrrr.  Oh well, I didn't have too much to say anyway.  I have been keeping busy working on some CAL's/KAL's over on Ravelry.  I spend at least half my day sleeping (no energy what so ever) and try to get the hooks and needles going when I'm up.  I really need to get going on Christmas presents.  Hubby and I watched the eclipse the other night.  That was awesome.

Well my dear friends, I hope that you are all well.  I think of all often.  I am so sorry that I just can't get in here to spend some time with you all more.  Until next time...... :hug

Hi, Ann! I hope you get some energy back soon. I'm glad you checked in though!  :hug

Little black kitty went to the vet yesterday morning for her annual visit

She got her shots and she is staying at a good weight. We spent Sun and Mon afternoons mowing so allergies are in full swing. I have been in a crochet slump too so I defaulted to what I call katy's hotpads (those double thick ones with the spokes) and towel holders. They keep my hands busy and I don't have to concentrate too much

In local news yesterday a lady's young son found a snake in the toilet. They had to remove the toilet take it outside and break the toilet up to get it out. It was a python. Lady had just moved in and previous owners had pet snakes. Something else I guess one should keep in mind when moving----what kind of pets did the prevoius occupants have?

Oh, I saw that snake thing on the news!  :eek  I think I'd be scared to use the toilet forever after that!! 

Not much to report today... Sister, Peanut and I ran errands yesterday and today. Today was the DMV, which is never fun but they were pretty quick considering Sister had to do her registration. Peanut's favorite part was stomping through puddles on the way in and out and making friends with all the girls- baby and grown. Everybody loves that little guy! He's a flirt and smiles at all the ladies. 

Last night and tonight I've been working on hat's for my stepmom's coworker. I've got one done, minus the flower I'm going to attach to a pin and I'm about halfway done with the other. It's bulky yarn though so it's slow going since I have to take more breaks. It really works my hands more than worsted does. Hopefully I'll get everything done tomorrow and then the mailman can pick it up on Thursday. That's the plan anyway! 

It's been raining like crazy here the last few days and it's not supposed to stop for a week apparently, since we've got the possibility of a tropical storm over the weekend. It's flooding pretty badly where my grandmother lives and where I went to college. I've seen the video on Facebook and my old college campus has been cut in half with a new river... It used to be a creek but it floods every time it rains, so this torrential stuff has just gone crazy. All of my friends who still live up there are saying "send boats!" so they can still get out of the house. I'll have to call my uncle and grandmother tomorrow to check on them. They live up on a hill so hopefully their house isn't flooding but I still like to make sure they're okay. 

Okay, I'm off for the night. Not sure what I'll get into tomorrow but there's always something!  :)

now that I think about it,that was one of the nice things about living in Hawaii for 4 yrs.

there are NO snakes in Hawaii we just had giant centipedes to contend with,in a double sink they were as long as the sink was wide yikes!!

Hey everyone the Oct, Nov, Dec wish list is up. Please consider signing up so we can keep it going.

Let's see it's Oct 1 and I believe we have a couple of birthdays this month. I have been working on their puffys.

It's been kind of hot and dry for this time of year but after all the rain earlier its kind of nice. I spent the day getting out my Halloween decorations and flags. I have plants I need to repot before bringing them in for winter. Maybe I will get7 to those tomorrow

Hi everyone.

I had open house at school last night which meant I was at school from about 6:10 am to 8:00 pm except for about an hour when I went to dinner with a couple other teachers. I don't come home before the open house because I won't want to go back. So I've been a little tired today but overall it's been a good day. Hope everyone has a nice evening.

now that I think about it,that was one of the nice things about living in Hawaii for 4 yrs.

there are NO snakes in Hawaii we just had giant centipedes to contend with,in a double sink they were as long as the sink was wide yikes!!

ewww. that is so gross, i hate snakes, and those things, and all bugs in fact. lol  i AM Bck internet has been down since yesterdayafternoon, seems with all the road construction here in the area, (a block behind us now,) and digging up the street, the concrete or street repair crew, cut a fiber0-ptic line course it was the main feed to my line, so phone and internet both down for almost 24 hours now,but have tried the phone, got a dial tone, so got on to try the internet, and it's a go!!!! They always pu ya through hoops, unplug this, do that, try this, so this time when I called, well sent handyman over to a neighbors to call, lol, this time, I said, just sent someoen, computer says its my internet providers problem, tat was about 8 pm last evening, and tonight, it finally fame back ust a few minutes ago, so almost 24 hours, guess they had to dig out that line, and thread in aother at the main box up the stree,t but finally after that long, I am back, lol

allergies bad here too, found some pills that really help, my symptoms are always nasal congestion, and an all around feeling of blah,cClaratin  works better than most, but a nasal inhaler decongester, and benedryl when i need it, alternates with  and I get to feeling better.. I did have floaise for the nasal decongestion, then bought some Musinix, and that works really well, and quick, never lasts too long, maybe 3 3 1/2 hours, but i can't stand not being able to breathe rhrough the nose, so I take what i can get, lol

working on the man ghan, I think i have all the rows done, but the sewing the long rows together, then the trim, sheesh, i decided to make it 8 x 9,or is it 10,lol, but all rows, unless i add more, is all put together, so i will start on that mabe this weekend,and get it all sewed up, and start to trim it...sheesh,......Havent made one for a while,forgot how hard it is, lol   

Hey everyone the Oct, Nov, Dec wish list is up. Please consider signing up so we can keep it going.

Let's see it's Oct 1 and I believe we have a couple of birthdays this month. I have been working on their puffys.

It's been kind of hot and dry for this time of year but after all the rain earlier its kind of nice. I spent the day getting out my Halloween decorations and flags. I have plants I need to repot before bringing them in for winter. Maybe I will get7 to those tomorrow

I really should sign up over there. They're so helpful for the ladies here who aren't collecting squares. Hint hint, ladies!  :D

Hi everyone.

I had open house at school last night which meant I was at school from about 6:10 am to 8:00 pm except for about an hour when I went to dinner with a couple other teachers. I don't come home before the open house because I won't want to go back. So I've been a little tired today but overall it's been a good day. Hope everyone has a nice evening.

I'm glad open house went well! I never really considered just how much work and how many hours went into being a teacher until I got older. I have so much respect for everyone who does it! 

I just got pictures posted of the chemo hats for my stepmom's co-worker. Post is here. I still have a ton of scarves to take pictures of and post. Maybe I'll remember to do that while it's raining for the next several days! 

We've got some pretty good rain coming over the next day or two. We've already had a lot so everyone is worried about flooding and the governor has already declared a state of emergency and called in Fema. Fortunately it looks like Mr. Joaquin is headed a lot more East than they had been thinking previously so i don't think he'll do much damage here. Thank goodness! 

I'm hoping tomorrow I can get out before the bad rain hits and run over to Sister's and borrow a computer monitor. My grandmother needs a new (to her, at least) computer and I have my mom's old computer here that isn't being used. It's just missing a monitor so I want to make sure it all works right and get my mom's things cleared off so I can take it to her. That's hard to do without the monitor though, so before we buy her one I want to make sure it's worth it. Then I'll spend the rest of the day getting that cleared off. 

I hope everyone is having a good week so far! I'll check back in tomorrow!  :)

Just sticking my head in so y'all don't catch this junk I've got. Been sick since Sunday, coughing, sneezing, congested, headache, body aches, the whole bit. My ribs feel like i've been in a wreck hurt so bad from coughing. I'm behind but will try to catch up later. Hope you all are staying healthy and ok. Enjoy your weekend.

sopo hope you feel better soon. I guess flu season has started. A neighbor and people dh works with have it too.

yarn_monkey hope you get the computer worked out for your grandma. Your hats turned out really nice. The more that sign up for the wish list the better. Its a good place to request help with charity projects. Before this thread started that is where people were requesting friendshipghan squares. And as you hinted it comes in handy at other times too.

Well we had a cool start to the day. I need to get my plants ready for winter but I just can't want to.

Archived