Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a quick afternoon flyby to say Hello

we are having a nice breezy day,I think the last time it was this breezy was in April.

we were sent handmade by bil whirlygigs,the darn things need just about a gale force wind to make them turn,I kidded with sister in law,and asked does the wind blow differently in Berlin than it does in the states,funny she had to think about that a moment and then said no,the wind blows the same here,well even if its just an occasional spin we do marvel at the pieces of art he created

Hi all! Just a quick check in. I forgot we had a football game Thursday night. It took us almost 4 hours to get there when it's usually 2, because there was an accident and they closed the interstate. Luckily, we got stopped right by the last exit so we were able to get off, but everybody else did too! Lol Then last night we went over to a friend's for dinner and I've just spent today on the couch doing nothing but taking a nap! 

Tomorrow we have to go pick up my afghans from the County Fair. Not sure what else we'll get into, but I'm sure we can find something. 

Okay, I'm off to bed now. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!  :hug

Hi everyone, got up and got ready for church but have been sick so I'm going to have to pass. :/  I git a wonderful surprise in the mail the other day. One of my cabbage patch friends that I made a lapghan and sent to cheer her up, got one up one me. You can't out give a giving heart.This little precious guy popped out of the box. Made my heart smile. Here's a pic of him and his little sister that was so glad to meet him she gave him eskimo kisses. I named him Mario after the wonderful lady that sent him to me (Mairia). 

Not much else to report. Got the celtic weave pillow done for my dad. They are having a cookout today and if I get to feeling better, hope to go and give it to him. Hope you're all doing ok. 2 more days of HOT here and then rain (thank you Lord) and cooler temps coming. :) Have a great weekend everyone. 

post-44513-0-39340900-1441554641_thumb.jpg

post-44513-0-41579100-1441554679_thumb.jpg

post-44513-0-93738400-1441554691_thumb.jpg

aw, how cute!!

busy couple of days, all set now to get out my hooks, and finish up those pesky yarn balls, lol... Car got undecoated, ane they did a free 42 pt, inspection, marvelled at the low miles, and gave her  a+,ha ha, very minimal tire tread wear, brakes good, tranny fine, oik, all other fluids, lights, got the good to go on i tall,  so I am relieved, I was a little worried, that my tires were wearing but turns out, they are almost good as new, lol...then drove home, in a car i am not usd to,,,,,,so that was a bit stressfull, then barely got in the drive, and had to turn around, as it was done already......then off to get my car, go to the store, eat something, yada yada,today was better, andtomorrow, will be all mine, ha ha. have a good weekend everyone, sounds like you all are enjoying it so far, we have no plans tomorrow, its open to do with what we chose,even if that is nothing, lol take care all, see you tomorrow!!

Sopo

how cute those cabbage patch kids are,I adore the couple of boys and girls  that I have,took me a very long time to find a green eyed one

when my daughter was younger,I think she got her first one she was around 10,I sewed all kinds of cabbage patch clothing

I also have one that has a tooth missing, which I always called smiling spaces

Good Morning! 

Sopo, I hope you're feeling better. You're cabbage patch kids are very cute. I bought each of my girls and myself one when the girls were little, I don't think the girls have theirs now but I still have mine.

Katie, I hope your enjoying your day of no plans.

Oh, so sorry to hear that Brenda. Be praying for you.

sopo hope you are feeling better.

Most likely no crocheting here today unless I get around to adding the black on squares.

Going to go make breakfast and clean house. They are going to love me when They get to help!

pineknott are those whirlygigs what we call pinwheels, or windmills that we used to hold out the car window when we were little, and they turn forever, lol, same thing??( or mount them to our bikes handlebars, along of course with a card and a clothespin in the spokesof the bike  for noise!! HE HE )

katy

the ones I'm talking about are made of wood,its a man chopping wood,when the wind hits the 3-4 paddles,I don't know the correct name

he has an axe in his hand chopping up and down,really cute.the ones I seen in NY,hmm made by another German fellow years ago were birds and their wings spun in the wind

Hi everyone, got up and got ready for church but have been sick so I'm going to have to pass. :/  I git a wonderful surprise in the mail the other day. One of my cabbage patch friends that I made a lapghan and sent to cheer her up, got one up one me. You can't out give a giving heart.This little precious guy popped out of the box. Made my heart smile. Here's a pic of him and his little sister that was so glad to meet him she gave him eskimo kisses. I named him Mario after the wonderful lady that sent him to me (Mairia). 

Not much else to report. Got the celtic weave pillow done for my dad. They are having a cookout today and if I get to feeling better, hope to go and give it to him. Hope you're all doing ok. 2 more days of HOT here and then rain (thank you Lord) and cooler temps coming. :) Have a great weekend everyone. 

Hope you're feeling better! Love the Cabbage Patch babies! I still have my first one- Debra Carlynn. I think it was my second Christmas when I got her, I was about a year and a half. I loved her because she has red hair and so does my grandmother.  :manyheart  She's a dirty dirty mess now, but one of these days I'd like to clean her up. 

katy

the ones I'm talking about are made of wood,its a man chopping wood,when the wind hits the 3-4 paddles,I don't know the correct name

he has an axe in his hand chopping up and down,really cute.the ones I seen in NY,hmm made by another German fellow years ago were birds and their wings spun in the wind

I love those! We had a man down the street from where I grew up who made them. He had a whole yard full of birds and men chopping wood and other things. 

I finished my shawl for the Kim Guzman CAL this evening. I still need to block it, which I've never done before, but I'll give that a whirl tomorrow and see what happens. Now I've started an infinity scarf from Moogly and the cluster stitches are killing me, but it's so pretty. If I hold the hook differently it doesn't bother me quite so bad. 

We didn't do much of anything yesterday and today we tried to run some errands. I got a blank wooden sign from AC Moore since I had a good coupon and have a project in mind. We went to Target and actually walked out empty handed because they didn't have what we needed. Then we went next door to Kohls so DH could see if they have the shirts he likes and it was another bust- they didn't have any he liked. So we gave up and came home. Everywhere was busy and people everywhere with the holiday, so we were better off! 

Nothing much planned tomorrow except for a trip to Costco. We need a couple things and I want to see if they can order me some contacts. I went to put mine in this morning and one ripped right in half so I'm on my last pair. I swear this is the worst brand I've ever had and the place I've been going has the worst customer service I've ever experienced from somewhere "doctor"ish, so I'm not going back there.  :no

Okay off for now. I'm going to get another couple rounds done on this scarf and start thinking about bed. Hope everyone had a good weekend or a good Monday, whichever applies!  :)

Hello everyone!

Tuesday mornings are rough after a 3 day weekend but the rest of the day went really well and I feel more awake than I thought I would by now. I think my students were all feeling the long weekend too, they were rather quiet and calm today. After school it was a quick stop at Walmart and then home to play with yarn. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hi ladies! 

We haven't accomplished a whole lot the last couple of days, but I did finish an infinity scarf (minus the ends, which I'll do here in a few) and I went up into the craft room and pulled out a bunch of yarn I listed over in the Destash thread. If you like simply soft or baby yarn, that's the place to go!  :D

Yesterday we went to Costco and got some things we needed and I had an appointment with their eye doctor. I think we figured out why my contacts were irritating my eyes so bad... I have astigmatism and the measurements the old place had for my eyes were completely wrong! I have a lot more faith in this new lady just because of the amount of time she spent with me and her equipment is so much better! Fingers cross these work out better. 

Tomorrow I'm off to visit Sister and Peanut and probably take a trip to Target. He's cutting teeth like it's his job and Sister has ran out of his Tylenol- that's bad news! Plus I really just want to snuggle my sweet nephew.  :manyheart

Okay, I'm off to eat a little watermelon (I've been obsessed lately and DH won't eat it, so I have a whole melon to myself!!) and figure out my next project.  :) I hope everyone is having a good week!

It's so quiet here. I had to battle with my computer this afternoon but it seems to be working ok now. I'm happy that tomorrow is Friday because I am very tired tonight. I have a 3 day weekend again this weekend because we are off on Monday. My sewing guild group is having a charity sewing event on Saturday which is always fun and Sunday is church, other than that I don't really have any plans for the weekend. What is everyone else up to? 

I finished up a quilt for my vet Dr. Just need to cut the binding and sew it on and it will be finished. My friend longed arm it. I love it will post pictures as soon as I am done.

Tomorrow not sure what will do or over the weekend.

I am really sore from digging holes and putting up fence. To darn cheap to pay someone to do it.

sandra, you are working too hard again my dear!! Yarnmonkwy, ill check out your destashing post, i usually stear clear of both of those types of yarn though, lol, but worth looking at, huh, you never know.....

carol, glad you are doing ok, and the rest of you, ditt on that, lol, im ok too, just been sort of a slow computer time lately for me, but hopefully, ill find more time to check in on you from here on out, lol.......

Getting chilly here now, into fall, m e thinks, I say good, maybe it will kill some of that whateveritis, that is triggering these allergy symptoms on me, huh.. freeze it out I say, lol

nothing much here new either, gotta go and look for some cute frames as my daughter fiially got some pix for me, she is the one that complains that I only have OLD pics of her up, so i told her, it's cause you do get meany curren ones,,,,,,,duh, so shedid, and i have them, and will put them ou in frames now.will do that maybe tomorrow, today, i cleaned the back splash in the kitchen, goes almost half way around, with the cupboards included, and it looks grea and sparkly clean and new!! then cleaned out the dish cupboards, now once or twice a year, I clean and wash everything in my dish, glass, bowl, and tupperware cupboards, just cos, lol, s did that, but didn't get to the fancy glasses, and bowls, and serving things in the glass cupboards yes, maybe tomorrow, eh...lol

Had gotten a breast of turkey to cook, and use for either sadnwichs, or casserole, and had a turkey casserole tonight, it was sure tastey!!!   and left over turkey for some sanwichs, too,and left  over casserole, so won't have to worry about any of that going towaste, ha ha..that will freeze, and next week, when temps drop to the low 40's, that will heat up nice, and taste yummy...

Made a butter pecan cake, whic turned out really nice, and is about half way gone, a cake never lasts too long around here, but this time at least, I have had two pieces, lol, which most times, I son't hardly get one, lol

thats it, nothing much else, just keeping busy here, wondering if I should put together some 6 inch squares to start a lapghan, or something for the retirement home locally, so will figure that out soon too, just add to it if I want to make it bigger, when i do more squares, you know.       

all for now ladies, take care till tomorrow, hope all is going well for all of you!!

I have to work hard to keep my mind off certain things right now. It's been extrememly hard and was hoping for easier but no such luck. So will just keep pushing hard. Maybe something will give.

I think the washer is leaking. Found some water on the floor so will have hubby on it tomorrow for sure.

I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Just pulled them out of the oven.

Hope all is well and talk to you tomorrow.

Archived