Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

havent tried a white towel, thanks for the tip Carol!! third day down, good!! how many more to go??

5 days down, only 175 to go  :lol

Hey gals, popping in to say I got the comfortghan done for Pastor and his Mrs. You can see here http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155239-friendship-turned-comfortghan/

Thank you all SO MUCH.  I made a pillow to go with it. I also took heart shaped notepad and wrote everyone's name and state on their square that they sent so they would know where they all came from. You girls rock.  :ty

It's beautiful!

I really want an Ott light! I bought one for my dad's girlfriend but don't have one for myself. And the white towel is genius! Between the two, I'd probably manage okay. 

I just put that coupon to use this morning! Made my $9.99 LB Pound of Love $6 and change since it was already on sale.  :cheer I'm glad you've got your rental car straightened out so you're at least not stuck in the house when it's 100 degrees outside. 

:manyheart

i finally got my baby blanket finished this afternoon after and emergency trip to Joann's this morning. I got Starbucks on the way home though, so that helped! I posted pictures over here in Show and Tell. Just between us, I accidentally switched the colors when I started, but I'm still really happy with how it turned out! 

Now I'm working on a rug with t-shirt yarn I bought at the tent sale over the summer. I think it will wind up being one of those decorative only, use on carpet rugs but we'll see how it goes. 

Today I got Uncle Sam and the baby blanket dropped off at the County Fair and tomorrow we're having lunch with DH's mom and going to the outlets for the afternoon. We're planning on going to the fair on Sunday with Sister and Peanut. Hopefully I can stand waiting that long to see how I did!  :D

Oh! I had a puffy from bgs when I checked the mail this afternoon! Two beautiful squares for my ghan and that brings me to only needing 4 more! It'll be a monster when I get it finished!  :) The light in here really stinks but they're purple and teal in real life! Thank you, Brenda!  :hug

attachicon.gif2015-08-28 00.12.22.jpg

Okay it's bedtime for me! I need my rest for tomorrow for sure!  ;) Goodnight all! 

Pretty squares.

yarn_monkey glad you got the squares,

My dad went into the hospital Wed --low hemoglobin, dehydrated. low potassium, which may be why he is very weak, can't stand up, somewhat confused and disoriented.  The dr we saw today recommended hospice, stopping cancer treatment, deactivating his pace maker and trying to make him comfortable (he has been in a lot of pain most all summer). 

I'm sorry to hear this, I will keep you in my prayers.

Good Morning everyone. Its a great morning so far. It is 7:10 am. Drinking my coffee. And going to get starting crocheting on my projects.  Just wanted to let you all know I have been walking and feeling real good. Thanks for all the prayers. I love you all. :ghug

Love Arlene :ty  Being my friends.

Glad you are feeling good.

Hi Everyone,   I wanted to stop by and say thank you to all the ladies who have sent me squares.  I recently received some lovely squares from Katie and from Just Add Glitter.   Thank you ladies so much.   If I can remember how to put pics up, I will post them here.  

These are from Katie

attachicon.gif004.JPGattachicon.gif005.JPG

attachicon.gif006.JPGattachicon.gif007.JPG

This one is from Just Add Glitter

attachicon.gif118.JPG

Thank you so much.   I hope that everyone is doing well.   I've been getting through as best as I can.  We've been very busy with work and are planning to move to another state so it's been pretty busy.  I'm not sure exactly when we will be moving but hopefully within a year.   We've had enough of Buffalo and these winters.  

Those are pretty squares.

It's been a couple days since I checked in, just been a little busy I guess. Yesterday was exciting, my dad bought me a new car! It's the first brand new car I've ever owned and it's so nice. It's a Ford Fiesta hatchback in white. Thankfully Erika fell apart before it got to us, we've been having some nasty storms from the remnants and it's suppose continue through tomorrow but still better than a hurricane. Guess that's about it for me, it's back to work for week 2 tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good day.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll love your car. I have a new black one, gets great gas mileage.

This has been a day. My uncle showed up a bit after 8 to see how the paint looked. Then my dad and mom came over. Then got a call that my aunt (dad and visiting uncle's sister) just died. They think it was a heart attack. We weren't close, she had a lot of mental problems but it's still sad to see the family fading away. 2 years ago today was the day I wrecked my vw bug and the next day lost my mom's sister. I'm so tired of losing people.  Tell those you love how you feel often. Time is too short. 

You'll love your car. I have a new black one, gets great gas mileage.

This has been a day. My uncle showed up a bit after 8 to see how the paint looked. Then my dad and mom came over. Then got a call that my aunt (dad and visiting uncle's sister) just died. They think it was a heart attack. We weren't close, she had a lot of mental problems but it's still sad to see the family fading away. 2 years ago today was the day I wrecked my vw bug and the next day lost my mom's sister. I'm so tired of losing people.  Tell those you love how you feel often. Time is too short. 

I'm sorry for your loss, Stephanie!  :hug  I completely agree- time is too short! Never wait to tell anyone how you feel! 

5 days down, only 175 to go  :lol

It's beautiful!

Pretty squares.

I'm sorry to hear this, I will keep you in my prayers.

Glad you are feeling good.

Those are pretty squares.

It's been a couple days since I checked in, just been a little busy I guess. Yesterday was exciting, my dad bought me a new car! It's the first brand new car I've ever owned and it's so nice. It's a Ford Fiesta hatchback in white. Thankfully Erika fell apart before it got to us, we've been having some nasty storms from the remnants and it's suppose continue through tomorrow but still better than a hurricane. Guess that's about it for me, it's back to work for week 2 tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good day.

My uncle just got a Ford Fiesta a few months ago and he loves it! I hope you have fun in that new car!  :)

Well I FINALLY  made it to the County Fair today with DH, Sister and Peanut! We went in the gate and straight to the building with the arts & crafts competition! First place for both Uncle Sam and the baby afghan!!  :yay

post-11765-0-21469100-1440987787_thumb.jpg post-11765-0-99398200-1440987796_thumb.jpg

The State Fair starts on September 25th and I can't wait to see what happens there. 

Peanut had a blast at the fair. He got to have some funnel cake and they had a petting zoo. It was mainly goats but he loved them! DH bought him a little cup of feed so Peanut and Sister got to feed them. The goats must know that they can get food from the people who come to see them because they go nuts when people walk up to the fence. Peanut got his hand licked a couple of times and just laughed and laughed. And then he licked his hand.  :2eek

post-11765-0-97741700-1440988317_thumb.jpg post-11765-0-62942700-1440988423_thumb.jpg

I'm going to work on my rug for a little while and watch TV with DH and then it's bed time for me! I have an appointment tomorrow and I should probably go by the grocery store but other than that, it'll just be crochet time! I'm okay with that.  :D

I hope everyone had a good weekend!  :)

Apparently my posts don't want to go through. I'm fine. Baby is fine. I have no desire or will to do anything and really don't care at this point. I can't take any of my meds so I'm pretty much a mopy pain in everyone's behind.

hello all, goodness, baby blankee ribbon too, congratz on that as well, looks like you walked away a bit winner yarnmonky!!!

so sorry for your loss sopo, but thank ful to still have some of your family with you, hopefully for a long time......

Immafreak, it'll get better, lol.

congrats on the new car too, enjoy!!! Bgs how is your dad doing, any improvements??

cshort, that's a lotta days still to go, lol   tillyou get another summer vaca!!

prayers to all that need them, and Ill admit it, we all could use some prayers, right!! take care all, till tomorrow at least!!!!

Prayers to all you gals. Seems we all need them more and more these days.

Pastor loved the ghan and said to pass on his thanks which he told me about 10 times. lol He said you just have no idea what it meant to him. Heading to my aunt's funeral today. We weren't close as she had some issues for years, mental health and all. She hadn't left the house in 5 years. So sad but praying it brings the family closer and some to God where they need to be.

I am finishing up another drop in the pond lapghan and have another I want to start for an uncle. Then my dad, who never notices crochet much, saw the celtic weave pillow and was like you made this?! It's nice. Since he has really bad back problems (4 surgeries, one where the dr almost cut his spinal cord in two), I decided to make him a small 12x16 blue pillow for his back so got the stuff yesterday. 

Y'all have as best a day as you can. Hugs to everyone.

I'm sure I posted on here last night, I remember seeing the adorable pics of Peanut at the fair, but I don't see my post today  :think  oh well.

Nikki congratulations on your fair winners!

Sopo, I'm glad your pastor liked the afghan. I will keep you and your family in prayer.

Not much going on here. I need to put some tucks in the waist of 3 pairs of jeans for my daughter tonight. Someone at her church had 3 new pairs of jeans that they weren't going to wear and asked my daughter if she would be offended if she gave them to her, my daughter said  "I will be glad to take them." The waists are a little loose but I can fix that. Things at school are going smooth, I just feel like I'm not as organised right now because my curriculum changed this year, but I'll get there eventually. I guess that's enough rambling for now. Have a great night.

Hi Ladies,

How is everybody doing?

Well here things seem to pile up and I feel like I am really going no wheres,

Son was in an accident. He is fine but it gave me a scare none the less. just don't know how much one heart is suppose to take.

oh boy, hope he is ok sandra.......sopo, tell your pastor it was our pleasure......

bgs, how is dad doing

hi carol, you'll get into a  routine before long, first routines are a bit slow in coming sdometimes, lol..

whew, busy day today, running here and there, and keeping up with the daily dos you know, but end of the day, time to relax a bit, will take a shower soon, and hit the ole serta, lol.tomorrow is another day...... hope florida and texas dry out soon, and ericka goes on her way out to sea for all in her path, or have been in her paty, or are getting the residual rain from her........

Prayers to all you gals. Seems we all need them more and more these days.

Pastor loved the ghan and said to pass on his thanks which he told me about 10 times. lol He said you just have no idea what it meant to him. Heading to my aunt's funeral today. We weren't close as she had some issues for years, mental health and all. She hadn't left the house in 5 years. So sad but praying it brings the family closer and some to God where they need to be.

I am finishing up another drop in the pond lapghan and have another I want to start for an uncle. Then my dad, who never notices crochet much, saw the celtic weave pillow and was like you made this?! It's nice. Since he has really bad back problems (4 surgeries, one where the dr almost cut his spinal cord in two), I decided to make him a small 12x16 blue pillow for his back so got the stuff yesterday. 

Y'all have as best a day as you can. Hugs to everyone.

I'm so glad he liked the afghan!  :)

Hi Ladies,

How is everybody doing?

Well here things seem to pile up and I feel like I am really going no wheres,

Son was in an accident. He is fine but it gave me a scare none the less. just don't know how much one heart is suppose to take.

I'm glad he's okay and I hope your heart recovers soon!  :hug

I went over to Sister's today for our weekly visit. We decided to craft today and one of our cousins came by with her own project. She just moved to town from where we all grew up, so I think we'll be seeing a lot more of her now. Thank goodness! She and my sister were really close growing up, at least until we moved here. So Cousin made a padded cushion for her window seat in her new apartment. Sister helped her and I kept an eye on the peanut to make sure he didn't get splinters from the plywood or stick his fingers in the way of the staple gun. Sister had this great tutorial where you buy little fake pumpkins from the Dollar Tree, paint them, and then spray paint them with this mirror paint. Well we got them painted and now she's lost the tutorial on how to make them so we're not sure what sort of spray paint we're supposed to be using. Tonight I'm trying to figure that out!  :think Peanut refused to give me any kisses today until I started to leave and then I told him bye and that i loved him and then here came the smoochy face! Stubborn little guy, I knew he loved me still!  :lol

I finished up the rug I was making yesterday morning. Posted that here in Show and Tell. Today I finished a little cowl I made with the yarn Craftsy accidentally sent me. I have a little left that I'm making hearts with. It's a handwash only yarn so it's not something I can just add to my scrap c2c. Tomorrow the right yarn should be here from Craftsy so I can start the shawlette from Moogly for Kim Guzman's CAL. 

I'm not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow. I've got chicken to go in the crockpot for dinner and we really need to make a small Costco trip, so maybe that's what we'll do. We'll just have to see! 

Brenda if you're reading here occasionally, I hope everything is going okay. Check in when you can. :hug  

hopr all are doing well, (Bgs, grannyannie, ad sandra) checkin when you can, hope all is going ok for everyone else too, just checking in, postin a pic of what I have been doing, might say, i have been working my balls off, ha ha ha, yarn that is, cleaning up odds and ends, and scraps and  such, here's what I have so far, no done yet with the baby balls, few left, but put it aside for a while, lol...... nothing much else new, getting my hair trimmed tomorrow, friday, my kia goes in for an undercoating, (free, so ok, another one is ok with m, lol.) and after that, northing much else this week, i guess, hope it rains, we  sure would appreciate some washing of the air, wash out some pollen, and smoke from the west coast, has been horrible on my alergies here lately..........

hope you dad is ok brenda, sandra, too, your son, and haven't heard from granny annie for a bit, so hope you are ok too, other than that, have a good one evryone, ill see you tomorrow......... :ghug

post-40621-0-54478500-1441244706_thumb.jpg

Son is doing fine. I believe children love to scare the heck out of their parents.

Today I just kept myself extremely busy.

It's pouring dogs and cats out there. Been like this sense like 7 o/clock.

Have a good night all!

It's raining like that here too! I'm glad it's DH's job to take the trash out to the curb tonight and not mine!  :D

Not much to report today- we didn't even leave the house! Which means we definitely need to go to the grocery store tomorrow. I got my yarn for the shawlette and have a real good start on that so far. I've got 32 rows out of 41, plus the border. I have 100 extra yards though so since I had to use a smaller hook and it's turning out a little smaller, I think I'll add a couple extra rows just to make sure it's big enough. And I got my entries all set up for the State Fair. Last time I did it, it was $.60 an entry and this year it was $1. It's not much, but still almost double what it was the last time! 

Off for the night now... I'm hoping to get this shawlette done up to the border before bed. That might be a little ambitious though!  :)

Dad passed on tues we realized that stepmom was incapable giving his meds at right times so 2 sisters niece and myself made sure.at.least one of us was there around the clock so i am on my 3rd time of going at least 36 hours with no sleep. Arrangements are made dads house is over run with stepmoms family so i wont be going back until they all leave

Dad passed on tues we realized that stepmom was incapable giving his meds at right times so 2 sisters niece and myself made sure.at.least one of us was there around the clock so i am on my 3rd time of going at least 36 hours with no sleep. Arrangements are made dads house is over run with stepmoms family so i wont be going back until they all leave

Oh, Brenda, I am so sorry!  :hug I know nothing I can say will really make you feel better, but I'm thinking about you and i'm here if you need to talk.  :hug

So very sorry, Brenda. Saying prayers for comfort for the family and that you can get some much needed rest. I know how worn out you get during something like this. Sending love and hugs your way. 

hopr all are doing well, (Bgs, grannyannie, ad sandra) checkin when you can, hope all is going ok for everyone else too, just checking in, postin a pic of what I have been doing, might say, i have been working my balls off, ha ha ha, yarn that is, cleaning up odds and ends, and scraps and  such, here's what I have so far, no done yet with the baby balls, few left, but put it aside for a while, lol...... nothing much else new, getting my hair trimmed tomorrow, friday, my kia goes in for an undercoating, (free, so ok, another one is ok with m, lol.) and after that, northing much else this week, i guess, hope it rains, we  sure would appreciate some washing of the air, wash out some pollen, and smoke from the west coast, has been horrible on my alergies here lately..........

hope you dad is ok brenda, sandra, too, your son, and haven't heard from granny annie for a bit, so hope you are ok too, other than that, have a good one evryone, ill see you tomorrow......... :ghug

attachicon.gif001.JPG

Those are very pretty squares.

Son is doing fine. I believe children love to scare the heck out of their parents.

Today I just kept myself extremely busy.

It's pouring dogs and cats out there. Been like this sense like 7 o/clock.

Have a good night all!

I'm glad your son is ok, and yes children do seem to love scaring us at times.

I am so sorry  :hug

oh gosh Brenda, so sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you and your family.. He is in a better place, no longer feeling bad, or hurting, trust that, for sure...... I went through much the same with my mom, she wasn't capable either, of her own medication schedule, and although my brother and his wife lived in a downwstairs apt, they were not competent enough either, so my little sister and I, HID OR TOOK THE meds with us,and took turns daily,  and one of us, always was there to administer it, so I sort of know what that is like, my mom lived aoubt 6 monts after diagnosis with cancer, so thankfully, she didn't suffer long.....bless you and yours, and know they are much better off now........ :hug

ok then off to the dealership for some underdcoaing, Ill get a loaner car, so that is a good thing, hope it is a van, ha ha ha ha, ill take whatever they have, i just don't wanna sit there for 2 hours, you know.....you all take care,  and sending love and warm thoughts to those that need it!!

:hug and lots of love and prayers for all.

I've been trudging through trying to make the best of all this. My son will be 13 on sept 15th ! Holy cow where did the time go?? (Also my next ultrasound is that day). I've gained 10 pounds already! How is that even possible? I was barely able to eat anything for almost 3 weeks. I don't get it lol.

Archived