Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

OMGosh, he is such a cutie and has grown miles, lol, i knew he would look so much bigger, cause it has been a while since I have seen a pic, and he does look like a little boy now, Gosh I remember when i first noticed jen's little hands, were  litte girl hands now, and not baby hands anymore, made me so sad, lol sniff sniff!! and hey peanut, easy on the beans!! lol

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a good mother dayghter day yesterday and my surprise from her, she is taking her hair back to her natural  bonde, she is almost white blonde naturally, and has had it dyed dark for the past few years, but she is very light ashy blonde at the moment, she has to do it a little at a time, so as not to ruin her hair, and i am so glad, I missed my blonde, lol...besides her coloring is more suited to blonde, she was just not suited to dark hair, in my opinion, but looks soo much more like my kid now, i sure missed that little blonde, lol

we had lunch and after purusing the menu for 25 minutes, got what we always get there, lol, but it was fun looking!!! Then off to get our hair trimmed, both of us, and i offered a manicure and fake nails, since it was for her bday, lol.....we had a good time, and she said what she really wanted was for us to fry up some chicken, call her, and she will pick it up sometime next week,and willhave it for breakfst, lunch and dinner till it runs out.... lol that kid and her chcken!!

OMGosh, he is such a cutie and has grown miles, lol, i knew he would look so much bigger, cause it has been a while since I have seen a pic, and he does look like a little boy now, Gosh I remember when i first noticed jen's little hands, were  litte girl hands now, and not baby hands anymore, made me so sad, lol sniff sniff!! and hey peanut, easy on the beans!! lol

I look at pictures from a year ago and he was such a chunky monkey and now he's such a little boy- eating everything and climbing everything and getting into everything he can possibly get to. Last week when I was there, Sister handed me a glass of tea and i had it in my left hand and Peanut on my right knee and he leaned right over and put his mouth on my glass and looked at me like "okay, tip it up, I need a drink!" Whatever anybody else has is always better than what he's got! :lol  

Not too much to report today. I ran a couple errands and got DH's anniversary present and cards (1 funny and 1 sweet, like always) and then came back home and crocheted while he went to a friend's house. Probably won't be a lot to report tomorrow either. We don't have anything planned outside of our anniversary dinner. I did find out today that DH's mom will be in town from Florida tomorrow so I'm sure we'll see her at some point. 

I hope everyone had a good weekend and I'll be back tomorrow!  :)

I look at pictures from a year ago and he was such a chunky monkey and now he's such a little boy- eating everything and climbing everything and getting into everything he can possibly get to. Last week when I was there, Sister handed me a glass of tea and i had it in my left hand and Peanut on my right knee and he leaned right over and put his mouth on my glass and looked at me like "okay, tip it up, I need a drink!" Whatever anybody else has is always better than what he's got! :lol  

Not too much to report today. I ran a couple errands and got DH's anniversary present and cards (1 funny and 1 sweet, like always) and then came back home and crocheted while he went to a friend's house. Probably won't be a lot to report tomorrow either. We don't have anything planned outside of our anniversary dinner. I did find out today that DH's mom will be in town from Florida tomorrow so I'm sure we'll see her at some point. 

I hope everyone had a good weekend and I'll be back tomorrow!  :)

well happy anniversary to you both!! enjoy your day!

not much here going on either, handyman is painting the trim on the house today with the white, looks so bright, such a wonderul day too, to have pain dry, sunny, warm, and a little breezy He should be all done then with the house, the shed is done too, same colors, first time that matched the house, lol, and a wood bin is also done, sooo, what will he find to do, when the house is all done, I don't know... lol

I think my sinus/ear infections are slowly getting better, lease i feel they are, so keep fingers crossed!!

was coloring for the last couple days, needed a break from crochet, lol, so got out m y color books, and colors, and pencils, and markers, and went to town!! oh, got a new catalog from DOver where i get my color books too, so ordered a couple, just in case, lol... that is ll put away now for a while, but comes in handy when there is nothing else that suits my mood at the time, lol....

oh shees, what else, nothing much to report, lost a neighbor up the street, she had been battling cancer for sometime, and I guess she just gave up, and two days after leaving from her last kemo session, she was found in her house, and had passed on.....

RIP patty......you have gone to a better place for sure.........

so that is realy about all the news, got word that either some kids, or someone else or elses, have been going around turning on peopl'es, outside water spigots, hasn't happened to me, they would have to go to a lot of trouble to get ours on secretly, lol, but others have had it done to them..... such a shame, what a waste of water, you know...when resources are so limited anyway, just a downright ignorant thing to do........ that water could have gone to put out those fires in cal, and not down the street to the sewer, GRRRRRRRooowl, just makes me mad, you know.......

hopeall of our m3members in or near that area, are doing ok....... anyone heard from angel rose lite lately, and oh, reminds me, Jessicali is our Sept Bday, but i can't reach her to confirm her addy, or prefernces, I guess mail at your own risk, huh, the last email that was not responded to, was on the 11th this month.Maybe she is on facebook  i don't have that, but if you hear frrom her, or can reach her, please ask her tro check in with us, so we can send her some bday squares!!   

Don't worry, I didn't go missing again lol

DH and the Boy went to visit family and go to a ball game so they dropped me off at my mom's house on the way and I spent the weekend with her.  I had brought one of my WIPs with me but brought the wrong hook!!!  So I spent the weekend on Pinterest helping plan my sister's birthday party.  She wants a "Teddy Bear Picnic"...she'll be 30...and she wanted her husband to plan it...ummm, so my mom and I took over because we're better party planners.  Mom's baking the cake, I'm decorating it (this is why we're a good team) and I'm in charge of decorations and am running point on food (like, if anyone offers to bring anything they should check in with me)  UGH...the party isn't until mid October but they already invited over 100 people (I expect no more than half will come) so I wanna make sure I'm on top of everything and not wait till the last minute like I do with everything else.

Today I'm trying my hand at amigurumi (again) we'll see...

nik had a big chuckle over the "arps and craps" store.  I pretty much just use RHSS unless I need a color they don't have.  Right  now I am blowing through cotton making hotpads and even after all those scarves I made I still have way too much novelty yarn on hand------what was I thinking---oh yeah it was on clearance.   

yarn_monkey That does look like a first day of school photo.  He looks like such a big boy there. 

sopo how are you and Rudy getting along? 

katy glad you are starting to feel better and that you had a good time with dd to celebrate her bd---I am sort of missing shopping time and going out with my sister and niece.  We have just been working together in at my dad's instead and don't have time to go do other things.  Sorry for the loss of your neighbor.  Turning on the outside spigots as a prank is so wasteful like you said.  That's one of the things my sister would check for during the times she would take care of dad's house while he traveled.  If you were in his house and awake you hear the outside water running but can you imagine being out of town for several weeks and it running?.  

Speaking of first day of school cshort hope all is going well for you

Fri afternoon/evening we attended our electric co-op meeting, Sat into my dad's for yard work, and Sun afternoon out running errands.  It's been really nice out----Sat was sort of hot but it wasn't bad since there was a breeze and no humidity.  

Just a quick fly-by stop in to say Good Morning

another yard day yesterday' s score, yard 0 pineknott 1,only one big clump of grass gave me a bit of a problem,it took about four tries,but it had to give it up and come out of the ground

I'd like you all to meet the newest member of my cro-fam...

post-71546-0-76385400-1440529478_thumb.jpg

Isn't he cute?  I couldn't find a pattern I liked so I took bits and pieces from various patterns and came up with this...I'm quite proud of myself  :yes

My friend asked me to make her a scarf and slippers...scarf is easy enough but I've never made slippers...but I figure if I can tackle an elephant, slippers should be cake, right?  But if you have any patterns you especially like, I'd appreciate the help.

Cute elephant.

Brenda, Rudy is as ornery as ever, gets into everything (which is not so fun when you've been painting the house lol) but I love having him around. Makes it not quite so lonely since my friend is no longer in my life. 

I have decided to make the Pastor's afghan 3 x 4 squares instead of 4x4.. Maybe an easier size since she doesn't get around as much and I was running low on the Blue Suede yarn I had. I will take the other 3 (I was 1 short anyway) and make some pillows or add to another ghan. Thank you all for the help. I have 2 left to attach and then border and will give it Sunday. 

In between I learned the Celtic weave stitch. I love the look of it but obviously need to be able to concentrate more on the next project as I frogged a LOT. lol  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155227-celtic-weave-pillow/

Here's a blurry pic of Rudy checking out the finished pillow I made. 

Hope you are all well. I'll post a pic of the ghan when I finish it up. 

post-44513-0-19258700-1440542030_thumb.jpg

nik cute elephant.  I think the biggest problem you will have is deciding which slipper pattern to use.   

sopo cute photo of Rudy. I can just imagine how much fun it would be to try to paint with him wanting to check everything out and play with it.   I love your pillow.

I'd like you all to meet the newest member of my cro-fam...

attachicon.gif11903923_10153524785933449_2280091250919247672_n.jpg

Isn't he cute?  I couldn't find a pattern I liked so I took bits and pieces from various patterns and came up with this...I'm quite proud of myself  :yes

My friend asked me to make her a scarf and slippers...scarf is easy enough but I've never made slippers...but I figure if I can tackle an elephant, slippers should be cake, right?  But if you have any patterns you especially like, I'd appreciate the help.

He's adorable! And the slipper pattern you chose looks so comfy! 

Cute elephant.

Brenda, Rudy is as ornery as ever, gets into everything (which is not so fun when you've been painting the house lol) but I love having him around. Makes it not quite so lonely since my friend is no longer in my life. 

I have decided to make the Pastor's afghan 3 x 4 squares instead of 4x4.. Maybe an easier size since she doesn't get around as much and I was running low on the Blue Suede yarn I had. I will take the other 3 (I was 1 short anyway) and make some pillows or add to another ghan. Thank you all for the help. I have 2 left to attach and then border and will give it Sunday. 

In between I learned the Celtic weave stitch. I love the look of it but obviously need to be able to concentrate more on the next project as I frogged a LOT. lol  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155227-celtic-weave-pillow/

Here's a blurry pic of Rudy checking out the finished pillow I made. 

Hope you are all well. I'll post a pic of the ghan when I finish it up. 

I  love that pillow! The stitch pattern is beautiful. 

Well I've got some more work done on the baby blanket. I think I'll have it done in time for County Fair drop off Thursday afternoon! Whew! I'm just hoping the one skein of Pound of Love will hold out till the end! 

I ordered a skein of yarn last week from Craftsy to make the Fortune's Shawlette from Moogly for a CAL Kim Guzman is doing on Facebook. Well I've been anxiously checking the mailbox every day since Friday because the tracking stopped updating on the website. Well a package arrived from them today and I tore it open... and it's the wrong yarn. I ordered this beautiful striping black/blue/green yarn and wound up with a different brand in a different color.  :irk  So I've emailed them and hopefully I'll hear back soon. The CAL starts on the 1st! 

This afternoon, DH and I made a trip to Williamsburg to to courthouse to get copies of his mom's deeds to the timeshare she owns. We've been paying the maintenance fee since she moved to Florida and we get to use it when the weeks come up. She said back when she moved that she'd transfer ownership to us and never did. So she surprised us by being in town this week and wants to do it now.  :reyes  The problem is that it's not just as easy as going to the courthouse and telling them, you have to get the old deeds, then have new deeds drawn up and notarized and filed and all that and she figures if we want it done, we'll handle it ourselves. It's fine, but I just wish we'd had a little notice to get started on it and not have it be a surprise. Fortunately my friend I meet for out of town shopping trips works for a title company and is writing up the deeds for us for free, but she's doing it on top of her usual heavy workload so it will take her some time. But heavens, what a pain! 

Okay, enough venting! Thanks for putting up with it, by the way!  :D  I need to get back to this baby blanket if I want to submit it with Uncle Sam on Thursday! I'll be back tomorrow!!  :hug

Good morning everyone. I love the pillow, kitty, and slipper pattern. Not much crocheting going on here. Work is super sonic busy!!! When I get home I just don't want to do anything. :no  But I LOVE my job so no worries here!! :yes

Lots of smoke hanging around here from the west coast fires. They say it will be with us for another two weeks. The mountains look hazy and everyone's allergies are flaring up!!  The alergy pharmacy companies are loving it.  Heehee

nik love that slipper pattern

Yarnscrapper hope they get the fires under control soon. It looks really bad when they show it on the news.

Playing with new phone this am. Figured out how to use it to get here. It is a little awkward but much faster than bringing up computer and dealing with dialup.

Ok, so that star stitch in that slipper is a bit complex...my friend wants black and I am NOT learning a new stitch on black yarn  :no   so I found a pattern that's just a basic slipper in hdc, I can do that!  I did bookmark that link though because I think I can do it with a lighter yarn.

It's funny, when I was younger I used to be like "whats the big deal?  why does everyone hate on black yarn?"  now, I get it...without any shadow/contrast you can't see your stitches!!!  My poor eyes  :loco

Day 3 of school went a little smoother and I'm not quite as tired as the past 2 days. I was going to stay late to get some things done but the weather was looking and sounding nasty and I needed to stop for some groceries. The stores may get start getting a little crazy too with Erika looking like she may head our way, I really hope she doesn't, so I wanted to get what I needed. I'm still working on afghans for the grandkids. I hope everyone is doing well.

Sopo,

when I first looked at the picture,I thought that it was ceramic cat,he is still tiny

it was day 3 of yard battle,today the bugs won,and the rudness of it all the bug truck came around and sprayed after I was all done out there

Archived