Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Thanks owlvamp and Ann......back from Legoland! Eyes bugged out when she saw where we were and she loved the place! Not huge as I thought and the average age child there was a good 3 or more years younger than kiddles but as I've reported, although she is 9 she is behind with emotions and maturity so she fit right in! Two rides which she loved, 2 4D movies where we actually got sprayed with water and just lots of eye candy! Wasn't gonna but bought her one lego friends set at the store. Yes she is spoiled but she is my only kid so.....

Now she is on the Wii and enjoying herself some more! Lucky is laying at my feet which is parr for the course......he loves his Mama Kuddles best!

Well I'm gonna try to do a bit of sewing for a friend of mine that is getting a purse for her BD later in Sept!

Take care all!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

Just popping in to let you know I'm still here. Spent yesterday driving to South Carolina with my daughter and her family. Stayed up too late last night visiting with friends and needed a nap with the grand kids this afternoon. We have a rehearsal dinner to go to in a little while and a wedding tomorrow. I'll try to pop in again tomorrow to see who our new queen is.

Hi all, yes they were from me Rusty's mom, and you are very welcome, I was starting to think that they had been lost, wow, took a while, huh....

As for you Ms. Ann, im so sorry to hear of your ins. fight, seems they don't want to do anything for us anymore, huh, good luck, i hope it all works out, you can't afford to get dehydrated dear, not a good thing......

Carol, have fun at the wedding, Kuddles, and kiddles, had fun at legoland! yay....

Becca, I thought immediately delirium as well, fever or mediicine induced.. I hope Viking, that your little guy is better by now...

If not a trip to a doc, or a emerg. clinic would be wise probably.

Owl vamp, yep, one more day, lol prepare your speech for our new queen, announced probably before midnight tonight, he he he......

Ms Kuddles and kiddles, seems to have had a grand lego day!!

August 1st , 2013 I have been blessed to be your Queen for the month. My reign as come to an end. I pass my crown on to September queen. I hope you have just as much fun as I did and the friendship you will come to have here on the board. I will miss my crown but all good things come to an end . :) so Katy will announce the winner tomorrow. Thank you all !!

katy curtsy's deeply and flawlessy smooth, to Queen Owlvamp, after which she gently removes her crown, and wipes a single crystaline tear from her Queen's flushed and damp cheek.

,She then lights the royal candle of lavendar.. The scent floats in clouds of purples as she dusts and polishes the jewels to prepare the crown  for the upcoming coronation.

The room fills quickly with the lovely scent, and she slowly realizes, they are no longer alone there. To the right of the throne, in the shadows appears a figure,  solftly misted and shaded, who may  stand at the ready to fill her Queenly duties, and wear the cherished crown.

Could it be??   Is it she?  is that the new Queen to be awaiting patiently in the deep lavendar  shadows to  soon accept her crown of Sept. Biggest Square??? 

Stay tuned for more of our story after a few words from your sponsors.........  

owlvamp

I have a question,most of the squares sent to you are going to be used in your charity afghans right?

when I send out reg friendship squares,I don't count them as charity squares,I keep track of all my charity squares for the year,so I was just making sure which way to do them, I have 7 1/2 squares done right now,hope to catch some tv time later and get a bit of stitching done.

Thanks owlvamp and Ann......back from Legoland! Eyes bugged out when she saw where we were and she loved the place! Not huge as I thought and the average age child there was a good 3 or more years younger than kiddles but as I've reported, although she is 9 she is behind with emotions and maturity so she fit right in! Two rides which she loved, 2 4D movies where we actually got sprayed with water and just lots of eye candy! Wasn't gonna but bought her one lego friends set at the store. Yes she is spoiled but she is my only kid so.....

Now she is on the Wii and enjoying herself some more! Lucky is laying at my feet which is parr for the course......he loves his Mama Kuddles best!

Well I'm gonna try to do a bit of sewing for a friend of mine that is getting a purse for her BD later in Sept!

Take care all!

kuddles

So glad you had fun. Interesting about the age of the attendees.  I would have thought they would be her age or a bit older what with all the Lego clubs around.

Hi everyone,

Just popping in to let you know I'm still here. Spent yesterday driving to South Carolina with my daughter and her family. Stayed up too late last night visiting with friends and needed a nap with the grand kids this afternoon. We have a rehearsal dinner to go to in a little while and a wedding tomorrow. I'll try to pop in again tomorrow to see who our new queen is.

Good to hear from you!

August 1st , 2013 I have been blessed to be your Queen for the month. My reign as come to an end. I pass my crown on to September queen. I hope you have just as much fun as I did and the friendship you will come to have here on the board. I will miss my crown but all good things come to an end . :) so Katy will announce the winner tomorrow. Thank you all !!

Hope our squares have somehow also helped you to heal this month too.

katy curtsy's deeply and flawlessy smooth, to Queen Owlvamp, after which she as she gently removes her crown, and wipes a single crystaline tear from her Queen's flushed and damp cheek.

,She then lights the royal candle of lavendar.. The scent floats in clouds of purples as she dusts and polishes the jewels to prepare the crown  for the upcoming coronation.

The room fills quickly with the lovely scent, and she slowly realizes, she is no longer alone there. To the right of the throne, in the shadows appears a figure,  solftly misted and shaded, who may  stand at the ready to fill her Queenly duties, and wear the cherished crown.

Could it be??   Is it she?  is that the new Queen to be awaiting patiently in the deep lavendar  shadows to  soon accept her crown of Sept. Biggest Square??? 

Stay tuned for more of our story after a few words from your sponsors.........  

Such a tease you are, lol.

oh, that is so neat, I love those kinds of things, I always watch the vids on your tube too, of things like toppling  an enormous number of dominos, and the designs, I couldn't do on paper, let alone with dominos!!! thanks for the pics bgs, will look that up, might be a day trip sometime! no, that is about 5 or more hours away, have to be an overnighter, lol........

nothing much, heat wave is still clinging, no rain here kuddles, can't you share!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately the lego exhibit is only at Powell Gardens through the end of Sept. 

yes, pineknott all the squares I receive are for charity except the ones this month that was donated to the friendship afghan. But if a need arises it will also be donated. I would rather help someone or be able to lift their spirit and I always can make another. If I can make someone happy then I did my job.

:cheer  

uh oh, it's here!! (well it's gotta be midnight somewhere in the world, right!!)

The New Queen is being crowned!!!!!! :hug 

She would love 6 inch acrylic ww squares, any color, however her favorite color is ,,,,,,purple, did anyone guess that right, lol..... :yes .

Honex 99, welcome to September, your month to reign in all the squares we can muster!!! Hope you enjoy your month, it's so fun to get puffy's in the mail!!  :yay Everyone please hail our new Queen!!!  :applause 

I will open the pledging with......... 4!     I will pledge at least 4 squares to our new Queen!!!

:nworthy  :clap   :queen  Please welcome Queen Honex99, and Happy September all!!!!!!

Good evening, all! Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. The little guy is doing much better today, the first day he's been really better since he woke up with this on Tuesday. He's still really tired, and we ended up cancelling our Labor Day plans since he does still need to rest. I think we made the right choice; he took a nap without protest today (NEVER happens at home) and went to sleep before nine again. So he's still pretty worn out.

I'm still leaning to a slip into night terrors for the other day. He didn't have a fever that day, and hadn't had any medicine since the morning. Croup is a viral infection of the vocal chords, so it gets hard for them to breathe and that's where the raspy "seal cough" (which I now know is called stridor, since we've dealt with this twice in a month now) comes from. None of that left, thank goodness! Just a normal cough now.

--you know, it's very hard to write this AND watch the X-Files at the same time.

Congratulations to Honex, which announcement came in as I wrote this! May September bring many squares! :D

Sorry I didn't get back on and say good night. Last night wasn't my night just had a small setback.

Tried laying in bed and woke up a little while ago with a major back pain. So hopefully I can go back to sleep soon.

Good morning all and congrats to the new Queen Square!

I just *love* how I could sleep in today but woke up at 4 and got up at 5 anyway. My body just can't go beyond that even on the weekend.....sigh.....then Lucky woke up Kiddles so we are all up. Yippee.

Well today will be hot and humid in Chi Town then turning much cooler tomorrow. I'm ready for that!

Gotta get to breakfast then start our day. With a long walk with Lucky.

Have a good one all!

kuddles

:cheer attachicon.gifcrown14.jpg

uh oh, it's here!! (well it's gotta be midnight somewhere in the world, right!!)

The New Queen is being crowned!!!!!! :hug 

She would love 6 inch acrylic ww squares, any color, however her favorite color is ,,,,,,purple, did anyone guess that right, lol..... :yes .

Honex 99, welcome to September, your month to reign in all the squares we can muster!!! Hope you enjoy your month, it's so fun to get puffy's in the mail!!  :yay Everyone please hail our new Queen!!!  :applause 

I will open the pledging with......... 4!     I will pledge at least 4 squares to our new Queen!!!

:nworthy  :clap   :queen  Please welcome Queen Honex99, and Happy September all!!!!!!

Thank you very much for choosing me to be your Square Queen for the month of September!!!!  I am honored and excited to accept this reign.  The only thing I ask of my royal square subjects is that if you send squares to me, would you please take a picture of the squares and post them when I acknowledge they have arrived?  Unfortunately, I do not have a camera and this is the only way I can think of to share all the square loveliness with the entire Square Kingdom.  Owlvamp was a wonderful queen and I hope to live up to the reigns of all the previous queens.

I hope that everyone has a GREAT September/Fall.  I will continue to enjoy all your posts.

Again, thank you!

Hi everyone

Going to try to go to daughters today and have a little supper with her. Will see how that goes.

Hope everyone is doing good and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

well hi all, hope y ou are enjoying a nice weekend!! Kuddles, too bad, pics would've been fun!!

Viking, so glad little guy is better, Im gonna refer to him as a vikette, lol

Owlvamp, so sorry for the set back, but hang in there, there has got to be an end to this soon!!

Honex, what a lovely acceptance speech, as was Owlvamps passing of the crown speech, and what a fabulous idea, we will just snap pics before we send them  to you honex, and when you say you have recieved them, we will post, you are on top of this girl!!! Err. I mean Your Majesty.....ahem...

I have my puffy already packaged, so you won't see pics but trust me they are pretty, as Honex' fav color is purples...he he he, I will mail out on tuesay, if possible!!

Sunday, means steaks on the grill, potato salad, oh, which brings me to the next question, what in the world is with Potato prices lately!! Sheesh!!!!!! sky high here, don't know why, they can rot in the bag, before I pay that much for a bag of taters!!

oh, and for desert, we will have strawberry shortcake, with fresh strawberries, and real whipped cream, lol cool whip is fine for other things, but gotta have my Redi whip for shortcake, ha ha..

all for now, gotta go, some things to get done before it's time to grill out!     have a good one....

Hey squares! 

Wow I keep getting soooo behind!! 

I can't possibly reply to everything, so - Love and friendship to all squares in the queendom! 

And all hail our new queen Honex99!! 

Been working on a couple of blankets, one each for a friend's niece and nephew. 

And the kittens are officially 4 weeks old, I can hardly believe it! They are growing into truly beautiful little loves, and nice and strong and healthy too by the looks of things :) 

Hope you all have a good week coming up x

Archived