Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Earthquake in Illinois?

Yup! I'm in southern IL and we're about 150 miles from the New Madrid fault.

I want to hear more details from those of you that saw UFO's and ghosts.  Both topics really interest me.

I have experienced ghosts firsthand. I used to work retail, and the summer of 2008 we had a little girl in our store. My assistant manager at the time named her Abigail. I would hear boxes moving and kids playing when the store was completely empty. We also had a "Touch N See" board (it was black and if you put your hand on it, it would change colors from the heat of your hand) and we had a small handprint that would come and go throughout the day. We would try to rub our hands over it to get it to disappear and it would never go away. We tried cleaning the board with lysol and it stayed put. One of my co-workers actually saw the figure of a small girl in a blue and white dress run past her on a day that she was working alone and didn't have any customers in the store.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well hello there lovely squares! 

I'm not going to be able to catch up on everything, although I have been reading along the last few days I won't even try to reply to everything other wise this would be an epic post! 

Owlvamp I do hope things are improving for you and your recovery is improving hun. Did your squares arrive yet? If not I hope it will be very soon. 

Am loving the ghostly/UFO chatter! We have a lady called Ann who is in our house with us (I had to go to a psychic to find out her name). She will have periods of inactivity for a few weeks, then make her presence felt again! She does various things around the house, changes the television channels to 77 over and over again, turns the dial up on the toaster, switches the kettle on (we have to make sure to always leave water in it in case it gets switched on empty!) and once she hid my OH's gloves for over 3 weeks, then one day they were pinned to the dartboard!! She had gone quiet for a while, but just this last week my OH has had a few experiences, including having his t-shirt pulled at whilst he was using the toilet!! 

I've had a lot of experiences over the years, and can sometimes 'see' and 'hear' spirits. It's never been a negative thing for me, just very interesting. 

I've never seen a UFO (that I know of) though. We enjoy watching programmes on TV about them though. 

I've been keeping busy the last few days making lots of DK squares for Skoggy's group on Ravelry. Hopefully this week I will hear about my counselling sessions, having thought just a few weeks ago that I couldn't face counselling, I am now very eager to start, so this is a positive sign. Still having some very difficult days, but at least there are some better days in between. 

Anyway, another positive thing - I've made a meal for the first time in ages :) So, I'd better go check on the lasagne in the oven. 

Later squares, have a lovely rest of your Sunday xx

I was checking online with a few people and they say the same thing about the pictures being upside down with their iPad. I've posted on other sites and they were just fine. So I don't know. So I can either keep posting upside down pictures or just tell you guys what I did.

and happy sunday eve, to you all!!

The chat sure is interesting lately, everyone has their own stories, fascinating, without going into My story as it is much to lengthy to type,  lol I will just say, I have personal experiences too, as has my daughter, she claims since she was little, way little, that two entities, angels if you will, have always been with her, watching over her, she named them, they were niether male nor female, persay, but very much looked out for her, and communicated with her, but not through voice. The last I heard, she still has them with her, they are caring and loving, and a have always been in her life to help and support her. I don't know if it was them that flushed the toliet once in a while, and turned on the tv, when she was young, or another more mischievious guest.

so, I beieve.

course she swears she hid from santa clause once too, and saw his big black boots walk right past the end table  she was hiding under, to the tree and start unloading gifts,.....needless to say, we never had anyone play  santa  ever, when she was growing up at all..????????

I belieive pets too,and animals in gerneral,  can sense or see things we cannot. end of story.

hot here today, such a heat spell moving in, wish fall would come, lol My lovey flowering tree is always the first to lose it's leaves, and they blow and crunch underfoot in the early fall... But for a few days at least, in early spring, the buds burst forth, and pink blossoms dress it in lovely finery, fit for a queen!!

Kuddles is prolbably got her nose in a book, lol owlvamp, hope you are taking it easy, and gosh lo and  behold a gorgeous square arrived yesterday in my box, all the way from the UK!!!!!Becca it is darling, thank you so much, I intend to frame it, will look for a deep frame and let you know, when i have it in place in my craft room! It's the perfect colors! Love the pattern too,you to  exceptional work, for just starting out,you must  have a knack for hook work. lol Thank you again!!!!!!

everyone else, hope you all are enjoying your weekend, Carol hope you found time for the trusty hook and yarn, like you had planned!!!!! hello, and good evening everyone!!!!!!!!I for one don't mind the upside down pics, better than no pics, if you ask me..........

I believe in spirits to.

My mother passed away in 1997 . I had my youngest daughter 1997. My met her once before passing.:(

When Baby turned about 3 she would always talk to herself . She would sit on the steps ,jump on the trampoline and just talk a way.

Finally one day I asked her who she was talking to and she said grandma. She was only about 3 months old when mom met her. She said she had white hair. At the time I just couldn't deal with it and cried and never asked her any more questions. Just told her to talk a way and she did. So I believe.

I believe in spirits to.

My mother passed away in 1997 . I had my youngest daughter 1997. My met her once before passing. :(

When Baby turned about 3 she would always talk to herself . She would sit on the steps ,jump on the trampoline and just talk a way.

Finically one day I asked her who she was talking to and she said grandma. She was only about 3 months old when mom met her. She said she had white hair. At the time I just couldn't deal with it and cried and never asked her any more questions. Just told her to talk a way and she did. So I believe.

I wonder if she remembers that time??

I am still around just been very busy and alot going on. Hope all is well. Please keep me in your prayers. I am sorry i cant explain but somethings are just way to personal and once you put it online it is there forever

Hi Dragnlady, hey, no problem, sometimes life happens. You are in our thoughts, and missed here as well......

Good Morning Everyone,

beccalovely, your kittens are adorable.

owlvamp, the scarf and blanket are beautiful.

Today is a typical work day for me and then I have the last Divorce Care for Kids group at church tonight. I might squeeze in a little crocheting some time today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

cshort, you are making me look bad! I need to get up even earlier so I can be the Alarm Clock! LOL

Back to work and school for me and Kiddles. My allergies are at full tilt, coughing and sneezing and that is with meds!

This week will be super hot. Goodie.

My 'boss' is back from his vaca and we haven't seen each other for over two weeks! Been a nice break. Hope he is in a good mood!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Kuddles hope the boss is in a good mood to. It makes work go nicer that is for sure.

Good morning everyone.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

the kids here still have off.

when we first moved here in '85 school started the last week in August,but places like Busch Gardens and other amusements parks raised a fuss,that it reduced their staff,it took awhile but it was changed to them starting school after labor day

and gosh lo and  behold a gorgeous square arrived yesterday in my box, all the way from the UK!!!!!Becca it is darling, thank you so much, I intend to frame it, will look for a deep frame and let you know, when i have it in place in my craft room! It's the perfect colors! Love the pattern too,you to  exceptional work, for just starting out,you must  have a knack for hook work. lol Thank you again!!!!!!

Yay!!  :clap

I'm so glad it arrived finally! I hope the squares for queen owlvamp hurry up! 

Really glad you liked it, as I said I tried some really complicated things that were just beyond me at this stage in my crochet! So I chose this pattern because I'd had my eye on trying it for a while, and do you know, it's become my most favourite square to make! 

School here started today. I wasn't ready for it but it came just the same. So off daughter went. A friend picked her up for me and I will get her after school.

Kuddles hope the boss is in a good mood to. It makes work go nicer that is for sure.

Good morning everyone.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Well he isn't too bad but I'm 'tired' of him so would rather he not be here still!

School here started today. I wasn't ready for it but it came just the same. So off daughter went. A friend picked her up for me and I will get her after school.

Mine started last week...seems so early!

Oh VRG - nearly forgot to answer your question about the 'faroe' blanket - I've named it after the name of the yarn colour, its my crrent most favourite yarn: 

attachicon.gifFaroe brick blanket.jpg

attachicon.gifFaroe yarn.jpg

Pretty!

Becca, lovely yarn, lovely blanket!! I made one quite simialar to that pattern, long time ago, for my mom. She loved it too!! Looks like the same colorway, and very similar pattern, if not the same!

And the pretty square, is just the right colors too, and I can see why it's your favorite to make, looks fun, is it a free pattern online or what???

Hi kuddles, give me a woman boss anyday, over a man, lol

Owlvamp, so are you going to be able to trek to the school to get her?? Hope you don't overdue....

We're in a flippin heat wave, and it's hard to breathe outside almost, just that hot, you know, like when you are taking something out of the oven, and all that heat rises up and hits you in the face, if you forget to open it first, and let it air a bit before bending into it, like I have done many times......Oppressive, is a great word for what it is outside, and more to come....

working on some hats and scarves, as they are less HOT to work on, it seems, lol all for now, talk with ya all later, I am out of potatoes, olive oil, and something else, what was that, darn it!!!!!! hope I remember by the time I trek to the store in this heat though, wish me luck!

Hi all! Not much to say, just trying to stay out of the hospital. my dr wanted me to go to the ER today but we're going to have visiting nurses admin the fluids instead. If the darn Ins co would pay for my TPN I wouldn't be in this position, bleh, sorry for going on, I just don't feel well and am dehydrated/potassium is very low.

I made a scarf and a hat this weekend. I'm working on another baby blanket now too. Take care everyone.

Howdy again!

One walk down.......time for lunch now! I scored so big at the local library! I read mysteries and they had at least 100 or more hard back mysteries for 50 cents each! I spent a total of 15 bucks but have 30 hard covers to read! Oh bliss!

Later!

kuddles

Woot! great deal! 

Don't think I will make the trip today. Shower took a lot out of me and felt like I was going to pass out.

So I'm resting now and head feels a little better.

My other daughters will take her. I feel real bad for not taking her but nothing I can do about it.

I take them all before school starts but I thought I would of felt better.

I made a scarf will try to get a picture of it and show you all.

You have to listen to your body, rest up. You'll get there soon enough (((hugs)))

First picture is of a hoody blanket made the new grand baby due in March.

Second picture is of a scarf I made using Wool-Ease Lion Brand.

I really like the yarn.

I love wool yarn.

But then again I love using all yarn.

Very nice.

no one mentioned witnessing an active volcano

In Sicily when we lived on the economy we could see it erupting across the valley,when we moved down to the base,we could still see it,its fiery eruptions were high and wide forgot to put the name Mt.Etna

I just missed seeing one. We moved back east 2 weeks before Mt St Helens blew. We were living in Beaverton, Oregon at the time and were told that there was about an inch of soot on what was our yard. When we were still there we used to drive up to a hill top to watch the plumes of smoke erupting from it. It seemed so interesting at the time. Yikes, good timing, I'd say about moving back to the east coast, lol. 

Well hello there lovely squares! 

I'm not going to be able to catch up on everything, although I have been reading along the last few days I won't even try to reply to everything other wise this would be an epic post! 

Owlvamp I do hope things are improving for you and your recovery is improving hun. Did your squares arrive yet? If not I hope it will be very soon. 

Am loving the ghostly/UFO chatter! We have a lady called Ann who is in our house with us (I had to go to a psychic to find out her name). She will have periods of inactivity for a few weeks, then make her presence felt again! She does various things around the house, changes the television channels to 77 over and over again, turns the dial up on the toaster, switches the kettle on (we have to make sure to always leave water in it in case it gets switched on empty!) and once she hid my OH's gloves for over 3 weeks, then one day they were pinned to the dartboard!! She had gone quiet for a while, but just this last week my OH has had a few experiences, including having his t-shirt pulled at whilst he was using the toilet!! 

I've had a lot of experiences over the years, and can sometimes 'see' and 'hear' spirits. It's never been a negative thing for me, just very interesting. 

I've never seen a UFO (that I know of) though. We enjoy watching programmes on TV about them though. 

I've been keeping busy the last few days making lots of DK squares for Skoggy's group on Ravelry. Hopefully this week I will hear about my counselling sessions, having thought just a few weeks ago that I couldn't face counselling, I am now very eager to start, so this is a positive sign. Still having some very difficult days, but at least there are some better days in between. 

Anyway, another positive thing - I've made a meal for the first time in ages :) So, I'd better go check on the lasagne in the oven. 

Later squares, have a lovely rest of your Sunday xx

It's so good to hear from you. I hope your lasagna came out well! 

I am still around just been very busy and alot going on. Hope all is well. Please keep me in your prayers. I am sorry i cant explain but somethings are just way to personal and once you put it online it is there forever

no need to explain, and you got the prayers...

Oh VRG - nearly forgot to answer your question about the 'faroe' blanket - I've named it after the name of the yarn colour, its my crrent most favourite yarn: 

attachicon.gifFaroe brick blanket.jpg

attachicon.gifFaroe yarn.jpg

the blanket is beautiful!

Hello everyone!

I Run Yarn Over For Love,

In an effort to help those less fortunate than us, I am looking for people to dig into your hearts and even deeper into your yarn stash. I am looking for volunteers to make granny squares, to be pieced together, to make afghans for charity. Also anyone how would like to donate hats, booties burp clothes and any other children's items for hospitals would be very much appreciated. I have a few charities... in mind, but would love any ideas for more. The thought of one person making a whole blanket can be daunting, but if each of us made one or two squares, the task would take minimal effort.

Of course, if you want to make a whole afghan that would be wonderful too!
What if compassionate and creative women all over the USA donated only one 8 inch knitted or crocheted square and donated it? Or donated a set of hats, booties and burp clothes? Can you imagine the number of people we could help? Please know that we deeply appreciate your contribution. Also know that you are making a difference in the life of someone else.

Please think about donating a square or two to help us with our mission!

For Guidelines please visit our blog below.

Thank you

Catherine

http://yarnoverforlove.blogspot.com/

Hi Yarnoverforlove, If you would like to join the group and recieve squares, I will need some info first, a current addy, and your square preferences, color, size, yarn, etc. Please pm me the info, I will get you on the list and let the squaring begin!!!!!!!!!

Hope you decide to join us, we are thirsty for new blood, i ah,oh i mean, new members, lol

Thanks for all the lovely comments, MIL loved her 'brick' Faroe ghan :)

Becca, lovely yarn, lovely blanket!! I made one quite simialar to that pattern, long time ago, for my mom. She loved it too!! Looks like the same colorway, and very similar pattern, if not the same!

And the pretty square, is just the right colors too, and I can see why it's your favorite to make, looks fun, is it a free pattern online

Yes the pattern is free on ravelry, and they also have a hexagon version too, it's called 'African flower' and is on a blog called 'made in K town' http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/african-flower-square

Right late here, friend just left so only popped on quickly, night lovely squares x

Archived