Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Been in or very close to a tornado though, have seen a UFO,more than once,  and a ghost, only once, but that is enough, ill tell you! but don't like to talk about it in fear of being taunted or teased or thought way more off my rocker than I really am, lol that was long ago, but truth beats out fiction any day!!

Oh, I want to hear more about the UFO's and the ghost.  I believe in both

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning,

I told my body it could sleep in today buts its already in school mode so I was awake at 4:59am and lounged in bed for an hour. I have laundry going and I'm in my sewing room. I'm taking a field trip with some other ladies and teen girls from my church this afternoon,  I was suppose to babysit the group leaders children but they needed another van driver and since I'm on the approved list I got drafted.

Katie, I teach a class of 3, 4, and 5 year olds who have autism and developmental delays. They are amazing kids and I love them.

I don't consider myself an adventerous person but I love roller coasters, I've ridden in a helicopter and would love to try a hot air balloon some day. I live on the south east coast of Florida so I have seen lots of ocean and islands. Never been in a major flood but I've been through 2 major hurricanes (andrew and wilma) and many tropical storms. While living or visiting other areas of the country I've experienced earthquakes and big snow storms. I've traveled through deserts and mountains and they are beautiful but I think Florida owns my heart.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning! My body is "work mode" so I was up at the exact time my alarm goes off during the week. No complaints though, it gives me a little extra time before my hair appt this morning! (can you tell that I'd rather be up early than go to bed late?) Hope everyone is well...I'm still fighting a head cold and have points in the day where I feel great, and points where I feel completely awful.

WHAT!! Several on here before me! What!!!!!

Okay so I've been up for over an hour but was looking at my emails, feeding Kiddles, watching Lucky do his crazy dog routine......sorry I neglected you gals!

We have lots of errands and I want us to get 3 walks in today! So I better hop to it!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

kuddles

Becca,

they are soooooooooo cute

I was woke up at 7:30,didn't want to get up,but hubby is off to work so I have to be up to feed his mom

finding bits of scrap that can be turned into a yoyo,also working on I think its square # 5 for the queen

Good Morning! Well considering that I've been up since 3:30am I figured it's time that I finally log on and say Hello! LOL! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Anyone got any big/special plans?

Hugs all around! Even if you think you don't need one, ya do!

Starting some clicker training with Lucky. We'll see how it goes. Very popular way to train. he is smart so we'll see....

Gotta get back to Kiddles!!!!

Love and hugs to you all!

kuddles

Go Lucky! So glad he is training well for you.

too too much you guys i tell ya, you keep me smiling!!!

Well, Ive got a project, hats, and some scarves for some charities,,,, yay, something to do, lol

I don't do mittens darn it, did once, three times and a hundred years ago, and they turned out really nice, however as mentioned above, long time ago, lol

And slippers, lost cause, I have made them as well, but gave up on them for donation, when I realized, they are slicky on the bottom for the old folks home, and nothing suitable, nor affordable to fix that problem to my satisfaction, so....have a couple pair in my drawer, and that is probably the end of them for me, till they make a sole that is not more than certainly the slipper is worth!!

I played around on my photo bucket page for a while, till frustration took over! Where do you all store you pics online, or do you??? I had no trouble with it for years, till they revamped it..grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Forgot to take a pic of the box of goodies I gave to the EMPRG. center, but hey, we have all seen boxes im sure before, right!

Ive never been in  A FLOOD, and hope never too, but, it would be awful, seeing water everywhere.....

Been in or very close to a tornado though, have seen a UFO,more than once,  and a ghost, only once, but that is enough, ill tell you! but don't like to talk about it in fear of being taunted or teased or thought way more off my rocker than I really am, lol that was long ago, but truth beats out fiction any day!!

I have never seen an ocean, nor a real island,

Never seen the deset, nor would I want to, ha ha, hate hot!  Never been in a hot air balloon,(fear of heights raise your hand!!) or a helicopter,oh wait, check that ,did a helicopter Iguess, for what, like 10 minutes,lol and had to pay for the ride no less! So suffice to say, I actulally paid  for the terror in my heart on that ride, silly me!!

Won't do a roller coaster, once I did the octopus,and I never thought I knew,let alone would use the words i did whilst on that thing!! Needless to say, the ride operator stopped the ride early and let me off but not without a good scolding for my language!!

in fact, I have led a sheltered life, lol Not an adventurer, I guess, unless it's on the ground!

What all mentioned above have you all done or seen??? And does Austrailia qualify as an island, or is there land on one of it's sides..(map challenged, remember!!)

Something to think about surely, just in case you are out of stuff......ha ha........later ladies of the Hook!!

I don't store my photos online any more, not since photo bucket redid/sold out or whatever they did, lol. I keep thinking that I should spend some time figuring it out, but it just seems like too much work.

Let's see, I've seen the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, been thru some minor floods, ice storms, blizzards, a couple hurricanes, been in a submarine (it was docked, no way your getting in one that I couldn't get out of quickly, lol), several roller coasters (hate them! terrified of heights), most fair rides including the ferris wheel, scary!, have seen several ghosts and a UFO. Oh yeah an island, I've been to Grand Cayman Island. I loved going on a swamp tour in New Orleans. That was gorgeous! I even held a baby gator and a snake!

hey I like that, Ladies of the Hook...sounds medievil a bit, like we sit around a round table, and smoke cigars,and crochet, HA HA HA,

Love it! "Ladies of the Hook"! :)

This brightened up my day - 3 weeks old today!

Awwwww, so cute!!!

Awe becca the kittens are so cute. They are so darn cute when they are little.

Nothing big for today except get up and take a shower and try to to one store to help daughter get a pair of sneakers for school.

We will see how far that goes .

Awe becca the kittens are so cute. They are so darn cute when they are little.

Nothing big for today except get up and take a shower and try to to one store to help daughter get a pair of sneakers for school.

We will see how far that goes .

I wish you success in finding just the right pair of sneakers,and that your energy level remains high,try not to tire yourself out

Howdy again!

One walk down.......time for lunch now! I scored so big at the local library! I read mysteries and they had at least 100 or more hard back mysteries for 50 cents each! I spent a total of 15 bucks but have 30 hard covers to read! Oh bliss!

Later!

kuddles

Don't think I will make the trip today. Shower took a lot out of me and felt like I was going to pass out.

So I'm resting now and head feels a little better.

My other daughters will take her. I feel real bad for not taking her but nothing I can do about it.

I take them all before school starts but I thought I would of felt better.

I made a scarf will try to get a picture of it and show you all.

First picture is of a hoody blanket made the new grand baby due in March.

Second picture is of a scarf I made using Wool-Ease Lion Brand.

I really like the yarn.

I love wool yarn.

But then again I love using all yarn.

post-48736-0-88842000-1377386361_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-19274000-1377386395_thumb.jpg

ok, darn it, I call Little yellow, he or she is mine, as soon as I can book passage to the UK!!! he she reminds me of my dear deceased yummy kitty.....

Good Morning,

I told my body it could sleep in today buts its already in school mode so I was awake at 4:59am and lounged in bed for an hour. I have laundry going and I'm in my sewing room. I'm taking a field trip with some other ladies and teen girls from my church this afternoon,  I was suppose to babysit the group leaders children but they needed another van driver and since I'm on the approved list I got drafted.

Katie, I teach a class of 3, 4, and 5 year olds who have autism and developmental delays. They are amazing kids and I love them.

I don't consider myself an adventerous person but I love roller coasters, I've ridden in a helicopter and would love to try a hot air balloon some day. I live on the south east coast of Florida so I have seen lots of ocean and islands. Never been in a major flood but I've been through 2 major hurricanes (andrew and wilma) and many tropical storms. While living or visiting other areas of the country I've experienced earthquakes and big snow storms. I've traveled through deserts and mountains and they are beautiful but I think Florida owns my heart.

Have a great day everyone.

oh wow, another thing, never felt an earth quake, or a hurricane, an snow, yeah, used to storms and blizzards of snow, what else, been to mountains, they were what I thought fogged, but the guide we were with, that lived there, said, no, we are in clouds!!!!!!!! dang!! I remember beautiful clear freezing cold streams that you could see the bottom, and see the rocks on the bottom!! Lovely, the air was a big thin, but managable! love it....

Good morning everyone.
How is everyone doing?

Sorry to hear you didn't make the shoe trip, but don't rush getting back into it, you need to recoop fully...

WHAT!! Several on here before me! What!!!!!

Okay so I've been up for over an hour but was looking at my emails, feeding Kiddles, watching Lucky do his crazy dog routine......sorry I neglected you gals!

We have lots of errands and I want us to get 3 walks in today! So I better hop to it!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

kuddles

I know!! shocking!

Becca,

they are soooooooooo cute

I was woke up at 7:30,didn't want to get up,but hubby is off to work so I have to be up to feed his mom

finding bits of scrap that can be turned into a yoyo,also working on I think its square # 5 for the queen

Early bird, and busy as a bee, you got nature covered today Linda!!

Good Morning! Well considering that I've been up since 3:30am I figured it's time that I finally log on and say Hello! LOL! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Anyone got any big/special plans? Go Lucky! So glad he is training well for you.
  I don't store my photos online any more, not since photo bucket redid/sold out or whatever they did, lol. I keep thinking that I should spend some time figuring it out, but it just seems like too much work.
Let's see, I've seen the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, been thru some minor floods, ice storms, blizzards, a couple hurricanes, been in a submarine (it was docked, no way your getting in one that I couldn't get out of quickly, lol), several roller coasters (hate them! terrified of heights), most fair rides including the ferris wheel, scary!, have seen several ghosts and a UFO. Oh yeah an island, I've been to Grand Cayman Island. I loved going on a swamp tour in New Orleans. That was gorgeous! I even held a baby gator and a snake!
  Love it! "Ladies of the Hook"! :)
 Awwwww, so cute!!!

well, not wanting to hold a snake, or a baby gator, but with ya on the ufo, and a lot of blizzards, no submarine, but pontoon boat, sail boat , motor boat, paddle boat, uh,row boat,and river boat and cruise ship,and the lowly canoe!! guess that's all i can think of, lol

Howdy again!

One walk down.......time for lunch now! I scored so big at the local library! I read mysteries and they had at least 100 or more hard back mysteries for 50 cents each! I spent a total of 15 bucks but have 30 hard covers to read! Oh bliss!

Later!

kuddles

We will we will READ ON!!! REad ON!!

Don't think I will make the trip today. Shower took a lot out of me and felt like I was going to pass out.
So I'm resting now and head feels a little better.
My other daughters will take her. I feel real bad for not taking her but nothing I can do about it.
I take them all before school starts but I thought I would of felt better.

I made a scarf will try to get a picture of it and show you all.

love to see a pic of the scarf, Im making a couple too.....

day long, lazy, hot, typical nebraska August!!

gonna chill for a bit! 

oh, you must have been posting pics as I typed, cause low and behold there they are... lol try holding your camera upside down to snap the pic, lolol. I wonder really if that would work?????????????????

The scarf is lovely, as is the blankee!!! love the colors too in the scarf!!

oh wow, another thing, never felt an earth quake, or a hurricane, an snow, yeah, used to storms and blizzards of snow, what else, been to mountains, they were what I thought fogged, but the guide we were with, that lived there, said, no, we are in clouds!!!!!!!! dang!! I remember beautiful clear freezing cold streams that you could see the bottom, and see the rocks on the bottom!! Lovely, the air was a big thin, but managable! love it....

Earthquakes are really, really strange. I've felt two--and one was at 4am and the strongest my area had seen in many years. (no damage in my hometown, thank goodness!)

no one mentioned witnessing an active volcano

In Sicily when we lived on the economy we could see it erupting across the valley,when we moved down to the base,we could still see it,its fiery eruptions were high and wide forgot to put the name Mt.Etna

I really like the yarn.

I love wool yarn.

Stunning!!!  You do great work.

Earthquakes are really, really strange. I've felt two--and one was at 4am and the strongest my area had seen in many years. (no damage in my hometown, thank goodness!)

Earthquake in Illinois?

Lets see I've touched a an alligator , held a snake not my finest moments, road in an airplane a few times, been to Niagara Falls, (love the horse and the ride on the boat to the American side),petted some baby tigers , love the zoos , been in a tornado stayed under the bridge on the highway.( Didn't realize it at the time though just thought it was hard rain). I did rides when I was younger but no rides now. Been on the USS Boulder. Husband was in the Navy. Love to ride horses , went to wagon trails in Ohio.

Hi all! My web blocker's going to kick in in seven minutes so I don't have nearly enough time to catch up on everything I've missed (been out two weeks now, geez! :blink ), but I remembered to get on in time to post my stashbusting scores (for no reason... since I haven't worked on anything) and I couldn't get onto the 'ville without checking in here. Oops, five minutes now!  :eek

becca, just noticed in your sig (usually I'm on from my phone and they don't show on the mobile version), what's a Faroe blanket? There's a rock group I listen to out of the Faroes and so the name catches my attention now, since I pretty much never see it except in their facebook updates! :lol

I'd say not much going on with me, but two weeks ago at my meds appointment it was suggested that I might have ADHD, and I got some books and started reading and holy cow would that explain a lot! The more I read the more it's like wow, this is so familiar. Which is why I haven't been on, because I've been putting a lot of new things together! Ok, go, before SiteBlockr shuts me down go go go!!!

I really like the yarn.

I love wool yarn.

Great!

We will we will READ ON!!! REad ON!!

I know! Wootie Woot Wootington!

I'd say not much going on with me, but two weeks ago at my meds appointment it was suggested that I might have ADHD, and I got some books and started reading and holy cow would that explain a lot! The more I read the more it's like wow, this is so familiar. Which is why I haven't been on, because I've been putting a lot of new things together! Ok, go, before SiteBlockr shuts me down go go go!!!

A LOT of the kids in the vocational program that I work for have ADHD. Seems like it is getting diagnosed so much more than in the past. Isn't it unusual when we get an 'aha' moment and things make sense!

I've been up a while but was poking around my emails and facebook. Sorry I neglected my Squares! Please forgive me!

Have a great day all! Here in Chi Town, will be 90 and humid! UGH!

Hugs,

kuddles

Archived