Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi all!

becca glad you are feeling better.

Tomorrow I go to the doctors. I've done everything I'm suppose to so will see what he says. Also just making sure the incisions are healing correctly.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you can see, the going to sleep plan hasn't quite panned out...!

it works on a plus or minus system

+2 for a skein for using up the entire skein,also plus 2 if you give a skein away

now when you buy yarn or are givien yarn it s-2  per skein,one point for rolling a skein into a ball,one point for using the ball up

now some us us are stashbusting,ahem others are more yarn gatherers

I saw this thread a while ago and really want to join in, but not sure if you can hop in in the middle of a year or whether you really need to start at the beginning?

Hi all!

Tomorrow I go to the doctors. I've done everything I'm suppose to so will see what he says. Also just making sure the incisions are healing correctly.

Good luck for appointment hun x

As you can see, the going to sleep plan hasn't quite panned out...!

I saw this thread a while ago and really want to join in, but not sure if you can hop in in the middle of a year or whether you really need to start at the beginning?

Good luck for appointment hun x

Becca,

anyone can join at anytime of the year,its really fun

there is no counting of stash that you have already,alot of people ask that question.

you just start fresh,if you use up three skeins that week thats + 6,say you buy 2 skeins but don't use them up that brings your total back to a + 2

we record them anywhere from Midnight Saturday but try to have them in by at least 8 or 10 on Sunday morning to be counted that week,in bold print like this +4

I understand Honex99. It's not easy. Maybe you can do it like this. Get tubs for each of your children and label them. And then sort through it and put what ever belonged to that child. I did this and was so happy I did. Yes memories will flow back and yes you will cry but it sorta fun to go through it all to what you saved. Look at as happy moments and you can do it. I would help if I was closer. Hugs go out to you.

Thank you!!  I wish you were closer too.  Again, thanks for the encouragement.  It means a lot

hmmm,. im sort of a gatherer too....

it works on a plus or minus system

+2 for a skein for using up the entire skein,also plus 2 if you give a skein away

now when you buy yarn or are givien yarn it s-2  per skein,one point for rolling a skein into a ball,one point for using the ball up

now some us us are stashbusting,ahem others are more yarn gatherers

Hi all!

Good luck Sandra, and becca, glad you got some meds

and kuddles, hang in there sweetie, maybe this year, will be better in the beginning for her huh.

Had computer down for a bit, have had some problems with century link, but I think they cleared it up, and Im back. lol wasn't long, but irritates me, as they don't credit anyone for the down time, it's  like if you don't notice it's down, fine, they aren't going to tell ya, and even if you do and call it in, they don't credit you for down time, and I think they should, not our fault, why should we pay for it, lol...Ok, got that said, now Im done. he he he.

See ya al in the am, me is getting tired now..........takecare.

Honex, I would help too, just the sort of project I could sink my teeth into, I love organizing, and sorting things, lol. And the space in my closet now, is two fold from what it was ,and I can actually "walk in" again,  so added plus! Stick with it, do a little a day, if you cant complete all at once, I am the type, that once started, I stick with it till it's done, sometimes to the point of exhaustion, lol but that is me I guess.

Thanks.  It is such a huge project and such an emotional one that I avoid it at all cost, even tho I know it has to be done.  My best  friend has offered to help, but she would just throw everything away.  That is just too overwhelming to me.

Becca,

anyone can join at anytime of the year,its really fun

there is no counting of stash that you have already,alot of people ask that question.

you just start fresh,if you use up three skeins that week thats + 6,say you buy 2 skeins but don't use them up that brings your total back to a + 2

we record them anywhere from Midnight Saturday but try to have them in by at least 8 or 10 on Sunday morning to be counted that week,in bold print like this +4

Still don't get it..........

Hi all! sorry that I've been scarce. I've been crocheting a bit and taking it easy.

All you talking about school shopping and kids with sharpies had me remembering back to when my boys were little. I used to love shopping for school supplies (not paying for them though, lol). And although I don't remember either of my boys getting a hold of a sharpie, my youngest did get the crayons in his bedroom when he was supposed to be taking a nap, hmmm, I walked in to big eyed creatures all over the walls and his bureau! Kids, gotta love 'em!

Kuddles, I give you a lot of credit. I hope your retirement plan works out for you. You deserve it!

Here's hoping Kiddles has a wonderful school year, too.

owlvamp, sending hugs your way. I hope things ease up for you soon.

Aww Katie, too bad you didn't find any good buys on yarn in your travels, maybe next time! Thanks for getting me back on the list, btw. 

Honex99, sending hugs to you too. I know going thru the kids things can be very emotional. It took me a long time to go thru their things. I still have some things that I told them they have to wait until I'm gone before they can get them, lol. 

Becca, glad you're OH got you some meds for your headache and they took care of it. I can't stand headaches, bleh. I'm glad that you have decided to try counseling again. I see someone once a month and she helps me wonders. It doesn't always feel like that at the time, but in retrospect I always feel better after leaving her office. I also think it's wonderful that your friend has asked for prayers for you at church.

Be well and take care everyone!

Haha Grannyannie your story about your son 'redecorating' with crayons reminds me of what my god-daughter did a couple of weeks ago - she wrote on her bedroom wall with a felt-tip pen -  but somehow in her infinite wisdom thought that if she wrote her 2 year old sister's name then she wouldn't get the blame! So funny! She didn't quite think through the fact that her 2 year old sister can't write yet! 

Pineknott - I think I shall pop along to the group, thank you for letting me know I don't have to start from the beginning of the year. I need to try and find some way of holding myself to account for my yarn addiction! I too had wondered about yarn already in my stash, glad I don't have to count up what I already have too! 

Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday :) 

I see a lot of chatter went on while I was sleeping. I actually slept good for four hours. Not bad for me.

But as soon as Tank moves i always wake up. He's my faithful love who needs to be near me at all times. He will go crazy today as soon as he sees me get dressed he knows I am going somewheres . Specially when I put my sneakers on.LOL then he sits by the door and waits for me. Like you are not leaving me. But he can't go to the doctors with me.

Good morning all!

Thanks Katie and Ann.....yes I hope this school year is successful and I sure do hope my retirement 'plan' pans out! Been working since I was 15 so it will be odd....but of course even in retirement, I'll get a part time retail job trust me. Just for when Kiddles is in school.

FYI to the group:  right now I need to bow out of sending squares. Right now I do not have the money to pay for shipping. I'm sorry to spring it on the group (and sorry Becca and August Square) but I simply can not send anything. Please do not bother sending squares to me, that wouldn't be fair since I can't send to you.

I will still check in with the group but for now, squares must be on pause......sorry!

kuddles

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! I am not feeling well this morning, so work may be a tiny bit interesting today. (majorly sore throat + talking on the phone for 8 hours may not pan out).

Hope everyone else is well--I didn't get a chance to read all the posts I missed!

Good morning all!

Thanks Katie and Ann.....yes I hope this school year is successful and I sure do hope my retirement 'plan' pans out! Been working since I was 15 so it will be odd....but of course even in retirement, I'll get a part time retail job trust me. Just for when Kiddles is in school.

FYI to the group:  right now I need to bow out of sending squares. Right now I do not have the money to pay for shipping. I'm sorry to spring it on the group (and sorry Becca and August Square) but I simply can not send anything. Please do not bother sending squares to me, that wouldn't be fair since I can't send to you.

I will still check in with the group but for now, squares must be on pause......sorry!

kuddles

Aw hun, no need to apologise, I enjoy sending squares as much as receiving them :) 

Owlvamp hope the doctors goes well. 

And Hi Mandy, hope your throat feels better soon.

Good morning all!

kuddles

Please don't worry about it. It happens to us at times to. Keep coming back and chat with us. Hugs to you !

Good morning all!

kuddles

Always look forward to you starting our day with your morning post

it happens to all of us at one time or another,somethings just can't be helped :hug

Katy - I have finally found the right 'special' square and made it for you! Hoping to get to the post office tomorrow. I am so pleased, I've tried a few different things, some of which were way beyond my abilities and had to be frogged! But finally, I have one I'm happy with, can't wait for you to receive it! 

Hi all! Well I was up all night, so I finally got nap around 1:30pm this afternoon! I'm rested somewhat, now it's time to start hookin'!

Haha Grannyannie your story about your son 'redecorating' with crayons reminds me of what my god-daughter did a couple of weeks ago - she wrote on her bedroom wall with a felt-tip pen -  but somehow in her infinite wisdom thought that if she wrote her 2 year old sister's name then she wouldn't get the blame! So funny! She didn't quite think through the fact that her 2 year old sister can't write yet! 

Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday :)

Oh my goodness, those little ones are rascals aren't they, lol. I think my son was about 3 when he did it, lol.

I see a lot of chatter went on while I was sleeping. I actually slept good for four hours. Not bad for me.

But as soon as Tank moves i always wake up. He's my faithful love who needs to be near me at all times. He will go crazy today as soon as he sees me get dressed he knows I am going somewheres . Specially when I put my sneakers on.LOL then he sits by the door and waits for me. Like you are not leaving me. But he can't go to the doctors with me.

Awww, Tank is pretty smart! Juno keeps an eye on us to. She knows which shoes means she's going for a walk and which ones means she's staying home, lol.

Good morning all!

kuddles

I think we've all been there, but we look forward to you're bright cheerful greeting in the morning! We send squares when we can, it doesn't have to be all the time. (((hugs)))

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! I am not feeling well this morning, so work may be a tiny bit interesting today. (majorly sore throat + talking on the phone for 8 hours may not pan out).

Hope everyone else is well--I didn't get a chance to read all the posts I missed!

Hope you feel better soon!

Good morning everyone. Hope your day goes well.

Going to take a nap.

Sleep well, I did!

Kuddles, :hug you cannot leave us just because money is tight right now.   Sending out squares was never ever a requirement to being on the list requesting squares so there is no need to be put on hold.  We send squares when we can and I know you have already sent out many.  Just hang around with us and hopefully things will get better for all of us before long. 

:yes I definately second brenda's sentiments!! I too was wondering how long I can keep up the overseas ones, and stuff, they cost me so much, but I do what I can do, when I can do it, and it always works out Kuddles, we can't lose you, you have been with this thread even way before I got it, so it's not allowed. We would never hear about kiddles, and lazy lucky, and I for one really feel better when i get on, and you're good morning! is there....Im not letting up on this, you come in, feel no guilt, there is nothing to feel guilty about, we send to lots that don't send out for whatever reason, and like brenda said, it's never been a requirment to send out, we all do what we can, when we can.. I''ts just not gonna be the same if you leave us completely, Im not even collecting, so I don't care if you send squares, so just visit with us, it's all fun anyways!! we care about you, and more than the squares, ha ha.  And if someone feels like brightening up your day and sending a square or two, then you'll have to suck it up, and accept it, lol :yes

Now no more nonsense about leaving us, tis settled. :yes  :clap

Honex99, sending hugs to you too. I know going thru the kids things can be very emotional. It took me a long time to go thru their things. I still have some things that I told them they have to wait until I'm gone before they can get them, lol. 

Thanks.  I  am still avoiding that room like the plague.  I need to grow some cajones...LOL

Archived