Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well shoot, ha ha, they are spelled the same way, funny you all read plaque, like the disease! sorry about that!!

whats new today all, working hard, or hardly working???? Got a call into my contact for the donation im making to the pregnancy center, supposed to give me a call back. don't wait too long, Or Ill give them to someone else, lol

what else, fairly cool here today, overcast though, no rain however. Nothing much else to enlighten you with at this time, lol so I will sign off, and go back to my biz!! Find something to do here, I guess.......later!!!!!

]

Hi squares! 

Hope you've all had a good Friday? Only about 30 mins and it'll be Saturday here, but guessing its still Friday afternoon across the pond!

Made a little preemie cardigan today, my friend came over tonight and was like wow I can't believe the stuff you've learned to make! It got me thinking, apart from a quick dabble last year I've only been crocheting for around 10 weeks and I can't believe how much I've learned just by using the internet and a couple of books! And of course the amazing support and advice from the 'ville. I love it! 

Hmmm not much news to tell you... cleaned out my tropical shrimp tank today... that's about as exciting as it got! Have got a whole stack of preemie and angel items I need to weave in the ends on.... oh how I hate weaving in ends! I'll just keep adding to the pile for now I think! 

Oh yes - I ordered some little looms! It says it's a flower knitting loom, but I think I'd be able to use it for other stuff too? Here's the one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400467543668?var=670085220510&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I didn't realise it was from China though (guess thats why its such a good price) so wont arrive for a while. Do any of you who use these know if I will be able to make things other than flowers with this set? 

But I also ordered, from the website I get a lot of my yarn from, two gorgeous little 'dolly' french-knitters for my bf's nieces, and some pink cotton yarn to give them with it - I think they'll love them. The knitters are such cute little wooden things - I'll show you a pic when they're delivered. 

Had a peek at the kittens earlier, they are getting so big! 2 weeks old tomorrow! Will try and get some more pics. 

Anyway, hope you're all having a great day! Later squares! x

Morning squares! Wow its been quiet on here overnight -  usually I wake up to lots of chatter... did you all have something nice to do with your friday evening? Hope so. 

Aw Owlvamp, sorry to hear about the tiredness, its good that you're crocheting though :) Hopefully your puffy will arrive next week to cheer you up! 

Look the little French knitters for the girls arrived - aren't they just the cutest?!!

post-67796-0-29776300-1376734973_thumb.jpg

Good morning everyone.

When you think there is hope for people there isn't.

I couldn't make the trip for my grandsons birthday yesterday and cried a lot. Was hoping when it was all over the boys could come back with the girls . But no it was more important for them to hang with trash than family. My sister is in till Sunday and she wanted to see them also but stayed behind with me and my three daughters went. She invited a Boy that's about 10 - 11 and he steals, sells drugs with much older adults, mean and actual at one time was beating up my 10 year old grandson. So I don't get why she would let him spend the night there much less let the boys hang with him. I mean they moved away from there and she went and picked him up. I'm boiling and hurt all at the same time. Then this morning need to try to go with daughters to college and don't really think I can. It's a lot of walking and I just get to dizzy doing that. So I feel bad I probably won't be able to. :(. It's been very emotional for me so I don't know.

I hope you all have a good Saturday! On a better note I finished my rug I was making and a scrubby pad. Will try to take pictures and post.

This morning we are heading to an Auction. It is a band fundraiser for the Florida trip. Gonna be alot of cool things auctioned off. i have donated an antique sewing Machine and a bed coll I crocheted. I will let you know what she goes for. kinda exciting. HAHA You can tell I am from a small farm town when An auction is exciting

Morning squares! Wow its been quiet on here overnight -  usually I wake up to lots of chatter... did you all have something nice to do with your friday evening? Hope so. 

Aw Owlvamp, sorry to hear about the tiredness, its good that you're crocheting though :) Hopefully your puffy will arrive next week to cheer you up! 

Look the little French knitters for the girls arrived - aren't they just the cutest?!!

attachicon.gifIMG_3123.jpg

Good morning!

Good morning everyone.

I couldn't make the trip for my grandsons birthday yesterday and cried a lot. Was hoping when it was all over the boys could come back with the girls . But no it was more important for them to hang with trash than family. My sister is in till Sunday and she wanted to see them also but stayed behind with me and my three daughters went. She invited a Boy that's about 10 - 11 and he steals, sells drugs with much older adults, mean and actual at one time was beating up my 10 year old grandson. So I don't get why she would let him spend the night there much less let the boys hang with him. I mean they moved away from there and she went and picked him up. I'm boiling and hurt all at the same time. Then this morning need to try to go with daughters to college and don't really think I can. It's a lot of walking and I just get to dizzy doing that. So I feel bad I probably won't be able to. :(. It's been very emotional for me so I don't know.

I hope you all have a good Saturday! On a better note I finished my rug I was making and a scrubby pad. Will try to take pictures and post.

So sorry to hear that.......hugs!

This morning we are heading to an Auction. It is a band fundraiser for the Florida trip. Gonna be alot of cool things auctioned off. i have donated an antique sewing Machine and a bed coll I crocheted. I will let you know what she goes for. kinda exciting. HAHA You can tell I am from a small farm town when An auction is exciting

I think that is lovely! I came from a small town 21 years ago to 'the big city' and sometimes wish I was in the small town again!

Kiddles and I are heading out this morning to a Barn Fest. Yup, you heard that correct! Down the road to the outskirts, there is a smaller town with a big farm with a barn that will have a flea market, quilt show and kids activities. I wanted to do 'one last thing' before Kiddles starts school on Wednesday so...this is it!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Here is a rug, two wash clothes and a scrubby I made for a friend.

Then the other two pictures are the scrubby's my sister and I made.

post-48736-0-30069500-1376778609_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-77874100-1376778640_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-85341700-1376778676_thumb.jpg

Hi squares! 

Hope you've all had a good Friday? Only about 30 mins and it'll be Saturday here, but guessing its still Friday afternoon across the pond!

Made a little preemie cardigan today, my friend came over tonight and was like wow I can't believe the stuff you've learned to make! It got me thinking, apart from a quick dabble last year I've only been crocheting for around 10 weeks and I can't believe how much I've learned just by using the internet and a couple of books! And of course the amazing support and advice from the 'ville. I love it! 

Hmmm not much news to tell you... cleaned out my tropical shrimp tank today... that's about as exciting as it got! Have got a whole stack of preemie and angel items I need to weave in the ends on.... oh how I hate weaving in ends! I'll just keep adding to the pile for now I think! 

Oh yes - I ordered some little looms! It says it's a flower knitting loom, but I think I'd be able to use it for other stuff too? Here's the one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400467543668?var=670085220510&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I didn't realise it was from China though (guess thats why its such a good price) so wont arrive for a while. Do any of you who use these know if I will be able to make things other than flowers with this set? 

But I also ordered, from the website I get a lot of my yarn from, two gorgeous little 'dolly' french-knitters for my bf's nieces, and some pink cotton yarn to give them with it - I think they'll love them. The knitters are such cute little wooden things - I'll show you a pic when they're delivered. 

Had a peek at the kittens earlier, they are getting so big! 2 weeks old tomorrow! Will try and get some more pics. 

Anyway, hope you're all having a great day! Later squares! x

hi becca, yeah, i have one of those too, I used it a couple of times, to make cuffs, and other small things, i think. Then I broke a peg, ha ha. SO , got another one! good luck with it! That is quite a deal on those looms, i never saw a square or octogon one before, good pirce, will be looking forward to showing us what you make with them!!! Cause I KNOW you got yourself some, right, lol

How's everyone doing? Here well lets just say its going.

I am crocheting some. Really exhausted today though.

So sorry sandra, do put the hook down for a bit, and take a short nap to revamp your energy!

hi all, well that'll teach me to do something when Im already tired, lol..

Everyone, do me a favor,,,I seem to have hit a delete button when editing the first post....I think I know who is missing, but don't have the preferences anywhere else...

.Would you ALL please check the list, and see if you are on there please. If not, and I know some are missing between the d's and the p's sigh....seems like my editing took a lot more than I had planned for. If you are not on there, please pm or email me if you wanna be, and send me y our preferences, thanks so much . So sorry to have caused this extra chore for you all.thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing from you soon!!!!!!!!

ok, i filled in some of the names I KNOW were missing, but don't have the preferences, and anyone that is missing, please contact me. thanks all....

Good morning everyone.

wow, so sorry to hear of your bad day, but soon you will feel up to par, and be again able to do what you want. So sorry you missed the family to do, there will be others though,and you'll make up for it, when you feel better!

Yes becca they are really cute. What do you do with them?

I was going to ask the same, lol darling though....

Ha, oh I hope your bed doll goes for bunches of money! lol good luck, let us know....

Good morning!

So sorry to hear that.......hugs!

I think that is lovely! I came from a small town 21 years ago to 'the big city' and sometimes wish I was in the small town again!

Kiddles and I are heading out this morning to a Barn Fest. Yup, you heard that correct! Down the road to the outskirts, there is a smaller town with a big farm with a barn that will have a flea market, quilt show and kids activities. I wanted to do 'one last thing' before Kiddles starts school on Wednesday so...this is it!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

How fun, she and mom will enjoy the outing!

Oh those are very nice,, and I still can't help ya with the pics, but we don't mind, just so we can see pics of yours! Do the scrubbies have that nylon net stuff crocheted in, or are they all cotton?? Just curious. I have some of that netty stuff, and have made a couple scrubbies, but it's hard on your hands to work with, so scratchy!!

Yes Katy it has that netting/ tulle in them. I don't like the netting with big holes because it is rough on the hands but I still use it. I really like making them.

Oh, i love using them, just making them is hard, lol and mine is the fine holes, too, i love how they are in the sink!! The couple I made, are prettywell used, but I still use them, lol

Yes Katy it has that netting/ tulle in them. I don't like the netting with big holes because it is rough on the hands but I still use it. I really like making them.

Ugh! Turning a hexagon into a square is tough! I looked at some patterns on Ravelry and I have 2 ideas to try. I hope one of them works...

I bet you'll do it though, lol !

Hi squares! 

YOU HAVE ONLY BEEN CROCHETING FOR 10 WEEKS???!!!!   You are amazing.  The squares you sent me look like ones done from a person who has been doing this for years.  I am impressed!!!

Ohh, i researched french knitting, we most probably know it as spool kniting, if we know it at all, lost art here, I think, but was fun watching them do it, check out you tube for french knitting, and see, your nieces will have a ball making i cords, lol

hi becca, yeah, i have one of those too, I used it a couple of times, to make cuffs, and other small things, i think. Then I broke a peg, ha ha. SO , got another one! good luck with it! That is quite a deal on those looms, i never saw a square or octogon one before, good pirce, will be looking forward to showing us what you make with them!!! Cause I KNOW you got yourself some, right, lol

Oh yes, the ones from Ebay are all for me :) Looking forward to seeing what I can make with them :)

hi all, well that'll teach me to do something when Im already tired, lol..

Everyone, do me a favor,,,I seem to have hit a delete button when editing the first post....I think I know who is missing, but don't have the preferences anywhere else...

.Would you ALL please check the list, and see if you are on there please. If not, and I know some are missing between the d's and the p's sigh....seems like my editing took a lot more than I had planned for. If you are not on there, please pm or email me if you wanna be, and send me y our preferences, thanks so much . So sorry to have caused this extra chore for you all.thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing from you soon!!!!!!!!

Mine seems right - although you've specified acrylic, and I really don't mind what the yarn contains, wool or anything is fine :) 

Yes becca they are really cute. What do you do with them?

Really lovely! 

YOU HAVE ONLY BEEN CROCHETING FOR 10 WEEKS???!!!!   You are amazing.  The squares you sent me look like ones done from a person who has been doing this for years.  I am impressed!!!

Haha you are too kind Honex, I had only been doing it for probably 6 weeks when I made yours, and I'm sure they weren't perfect! I'm so glad you liked them though xx

yah, she's a quick study that one!! She's gonna do me one, to frame! since Im not collecting anymore....Isn't that sweet of her!!!

My aim is to finish it this week, it's been really fun!

Ohh, i researched french knitting, we most probably know it as spool kniting, if we know it at all, lost art here, I think, but was fun watching them do it, check out you tube for french knitting, and see, your nieces will have a ball making i cords, lol

I remember as a child just making huge long thin tubes... I never did do anything with them once they were made! But I think one of the things you can do is roll them into a spiral and then make placemats. Their mum is very crafty and talented, so I'm sure she'll come up with something good to do with the long tubes! 

Had a really good sleep, which was much needed. Feeling nicely refreshed! Suppose I'd better do some house work in between my crocheting today...

Hope you have a better day today owlvamp  :hug

Have a great Sunday squares! 

Archived