Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

They are both beautiful!  I love the diagonal pocket.  I really, really must learn how to sew properly.  I really, really want to make a tote.  lol

Hi!  I hope you feel better today.  I keep thinking I want to make washcloths and dishcloths for Christmas gifts this year, but something else always comes along.  I'm making a stripe tote.  It's a big granny square made into a bag.  I love the mindlessness of it.  I watch Hulu or Netflix and hook away :)

So I mentioned some days ago that my best friend went to D.C.  I had forgotten that I'd blurted yarn when she asked what I would like her to bring me back.  I actually asked her to try to get local yarn if possible -- local to D.C.  Well, they don't seem to have alpaca farms nearby or local places for it, but they recommended two types, and I love them.  Just look at the colors!  The Claudia Hand Painted Yarn skeins are 175 yards of fingering weight yarn.  They're two skeins.  I'm hoping to find a shawlette pattern I can try it with.  She also got me String Theory Bluestocking light fingering weight yarn, two skeins, a total of 840 yards.  Score!  Oh, I am in love with the deep, deep colors.  I can't decide what to use it for.  I'll hang on to it until I find the perfect pattern.  I'm in yarny heaven!

I'm noticing the bag that says Knitting sisters.does it actually Williamsburg,if so I've been to that store,they are really nice and very helpful

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AngelRoseLite that beautiful yarn. Way to go.

Not much better and hoping tomorrow will be. It will be one week. I keep walking and take breaks to make sure I don't over do it.

I know one day at a time.

I make washcloths for christmas and for the women's shelter.

I'm noticing the bag that says Knitting sisters.does it actually Williamsburg,if so I've been to that store,they are really nice and very helpful

Yes, it is!  I forgot to mention that, didn't I?  lol.  I was so excited about the yarn that I forgot, but the good thing is I added the bag and card in the photo.  My friend said they were very nice.

AngelRoseLite that beautiful yarn. Way to go.

Not much better and hoping tomorrow will be. It will be one week. I keep walking and take breaks to make sure I don't over do it.

I know one day at a time.

I make washcloths for christmas and for the women's shelter.

Well, I've opened a line of good thoughts and prayers incessantly going your way.  I hope that all this pain is worth it in the end.  If your heartburn goes away and your health improves, it will somewhat make up for all the pain.  I won't say it will completely make up for it because who in the world wants pain, huh?  You'd think that by now science would have advanced enough to give us instant improvement ;)

I'll try to start some washcloths this weekend.  I keep buying cotton but haven't used it :lol

Hi all,

had a nice post written, and it poofed on Me.....so hi to all, nice eye candy, hope becca and ann and owlvamp start feeling b etter,

love the bags kuddles, and the afghan ann, is lovely, this is all shorthand to what I had, lol, can't remember it all, hi snowflake, dragnlady, bgs, and Linda too, and anyone else i missed,lol been a long day today. Have been sort of lazy, and just taking my time doing things, the rash is clearing up, thank goodness, my sinuses are better, so on the road to recoverey myself.

Tomorrow is another day, huh....I think I will lay out my hats tomorrow, and show you all a pic, these are slated for donation, to two places, sooo still have  a few to make by the first part of Sept....Ill get it done, i always do, lol

Becca, glad the puffy arrived, let me know if you liked the samples, lol

Maria, nice yarn stash!!

Ok, all for now, feeling a little tired, took a benedryl, soo theres the reason, lol Gonna watch some tv,and hopefully that will lull me so sleep soon....Night all, have a good one, see ya tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The heart burn is gone so far. 6 days and no heart burn that is an improvement. Also with this special diet I'm doing haven't had but one migraine. So that is awesome as well. I know it will be worth it in the long run. Just wish the pain would go away. I know it will in time.

Glad to see you are doing better Katy.

Becca how are you and how are the kittens and mama doing?

Good morning everyone.

Got daughter up to get boxes. Today will get a lot accomplished from lawn,dishes, laundry and just straighten the house. Of course i wont help much other direct from my chair. My sister is suppose to be in tonight to help the girls and me out. So that is exciting. haven't seen her sense April. I usually go for 2 weeks to my sisters and brothers . Then also take the boys with me to see there dad(my only son) as well. But this year being everything was extremely tight we didn't get to go . First year in eight years I did go up in the summer. So it will be nice to have her and brother in law for a little bit. Brother in law is a mechanic and on the girls car we have a brake leak so they are excited he's coming because he will help them fix it and they go back to college this Saturday. My baby goes to school August 26th.

Hiya ladies!  How's it going today?  I just got some not so good mail.  Our health ins changed on 7/1 and they just informed me that they are denying my TPN!  I don't have a disease that's on their list, WHAT!  That's how I get 98% of my nutrition and 50-75% of my liquids.  Looks like an appeal is in my future, ugh.

Yes, good thing those furbabies are so cute because sometimes......ugh! :lol

Thanks hon!

Awww, they're gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann, good luck! That is just so wrong!

And thanks for the tote/purse kudos!

Both bags are beautiful! I really love the turtle one.

Thanks!

Kuddles love both the bags.  :hi friend. :wink  :wink .  The turtle one reminds me of Sue.  I miss her. :sigh  :sigh

Thanks! Yes it is because of Sue that I found that turtle fabric! She and I are buds and keep in touch a lot!

Hello,

I feel like I've been gone forever. I'm back at work full time but no students til next week. I've also been having some internet problems but after an hour on the phone with AT&T the problem has been solved, yay. Hopefully, I will manage to get on here a little more often. Have a nice evening.

Hi! Great to 'see' you!

They are both beautiful!  I love the diagonal pocket.  I really, really must learn how to sew properly.  I really, really want to make a tote.  lol

Hi!  I hope you feel better today.  I keep thinking I want to make washcloths and dishcloths for Christmas gifts this year, but something else always comes along.  I'm making a stripe tote.  It's a big granny square made into a bag.  I love the mindlessness of it.  I watch Hulu or Netflix and hook away :)

So I mentioned some days ago that my best friend went to D.C.  I had forgotten that I'd blurted yarn when she asked what I would like her to bring me back.  I actually asked her to try to get local yarn if possible -- local to D.C.  Well, they don't seem to have alpaca farms nearby or local places for it, but they recommended two types, and I love them.  Just look at the colors!  The Claudia Hand Painted Yarn skeins are 175 yards of fingering weight yarn.  They're two skeins.  I'm hoping to find a shawlette pattern I can try it with.  She also got me String Theory Bluestocking light fingering weight yarn, two skeins, a total of 840 yards.  Score!  Oh, I am in love with the deep, deep colors.  I can't decide what to use it for.  I'll hang on to it until I find the perfect pattern.  I'm in yarny heaven!

Thanks! Simple totes are not hard to make! If you lived close, I'd teach you myself!

GREAT yarn! Wow!

Hi all,

love the bags kuddles

Have been sort of lazy, and just taking my time doing things, the rash is clearing up, thank goodness, my sinuses are better, so on the road to recoverey myself.

Ok, all for now, feeling a little tired, took a benedryl, soo theres the reason, lol Gonna watch some tv,and hopefully that will lull me so sleep soon....Night all, have a good one, see ya tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Nothing wrong with lazy sometimes! We all are that way, but you have good reason! Glad the rash is clearing! Hope you slept!

Good morning everyone.

Got daughter up to get boxes. Today will get a lot accomplished from lawn,dishes, laundry and just straighten the house. Of course i wont help much other direct from my chair. My sister is suppose to be in tonight to help the girls and me out. So that is exciting. haven't seen her sense April. I usually go for 2 weeks to my sisters and brothers . Then also take the boys with me to see there dad(my only son) as well. But this year being everything was extremely tight we didn't get to go . First year in eight years I did go up in the summer. So it will be nice to have her and brother in law for a little bit. Brother in law is a mechanic and on the girls car we have a brake leak so they are excited he's coming because he will help them fix it and they go back to college this Saturday. My baby goes to school August 26th.

Whew! Makes me tired to read it all! My baby goes back on the 21st which is just next Wednesday!

Kiddles and I had two nice days off together! You saw the purse and tote plus just stuff around the house. My crochet mojo is still hiding so not sure what it will take! Oh well the new digital Crochet World issue is out so I'll take a look in there for inspiration!

Back to work for me today! My 'boss' is gone till the 26th at a conference! Sweet Silence!

Have a great day!

kuddles

Hey squares!

Well what can I say - the last 24/48 hours has been a bit of a write off... but I'm feeling a bit brighter at last. And that is in part due to the absolutely beautiful surprises that have arrived in post :) Katy and Ann thank you so, so much! :hug Isn't it wonderful how much joy we can bring to each other through our love of crochet :) And without further ado, some eye candy.... 

post-67796-0-33883700-1376506373_thumb.jpg

These are my beautiful and cheerful squares from GrannyAnnie and some truly cute little buttons too! I love buttons! 

post-67796-0-37932400-1376506379_thumb.jpg

And these are my beautiful and thoughtfully labelled squares from Katy - now I know what all the yarns you guys talk about are!! 

Thank you both so, so much, can't tell you how lovely it was to receive these in the post. 

Talking of post, tomorrow I am determined to pull my socks up and venture over to the Post Office to send off Owlvamp's squares - sorry you've had to wait so long hun. Really hope today has been a better day pain wise. 

AngelRose - Loving the yarn you lucky lady :) Can't wait to see what you make with it!

Kuddles - Loving the Totes, never mind that you're not so keen on the crochet at the moment, you clearly have lots of other creative outlets :)

cshort - good luck with getting ready for the students

Katy - hope you won't be needing that sleepy benadryl for too much longer! 

I can't get any further back - I should have multi-quoted! 

Not a lot of news here really... in fact what am I talking about - I'm eating a new flavour of ice cream right now - thats news right?! Haha - I don't know if it's actually new, but it's new to me! B&Js Winter Berry Brownie... very nice but sad to say the brownie pieces aren't as lovely and gooey as they are in the actual brownie one... see, Am I living life on the edge or what?!! 

Oh and also my cousin's gf gave birth to a little girl this morning yay! Have fallen a little bit in love with the round ripple blanket pattern so making one up double quick to hopefully post out tomorrow together with a little comforter blanket and the mary janes I made the other week. 

Right I better go, I need to go put the ice cream back in the freezer before I eat the whole tub in one sitting  :D

Love to you all squares! And thank you again lovelies xx

CANDY SHOP CROCHET HOOKS: CHOOSE FROM SIZES F, G, H AND I

These hooks are beautiful and would love to try them. All my favorite sizes.

I need to find myself a fairy godmother. LOL :)

Has anyone heard of these or own one?

Beautiful aren't they?! I looked at the website the other day and drooled! I'd love to know if anyone has tried them too.

Kuddles you can always do a video tutorial for us  :lol  :D

LOL  No talent for that!

Yes a pattern would be cool. I read pattern pretty good.

I use patterns for my bags.....although a tote (simple) would be so easy to do!

Hey squares!

Well what can I say - the last 24/48 hours has been a bit of a write off... but I'm feeling a bit brighter at last. And that is in part due to the absolutely beautiful surprises that have arrived in post :) Katy and Ann thank you so, so much! :hug Isn't it wonderful how much joy we can bring to each other through our love of crochet :) And without further ado, some eye candy.... 

attachicon.gifIMG_3110.jpg

These are my beautiful and cheerful squares from GrannyAnnie and some truly cute little buttons too! I love buttons! 

attachicon.gifIMG_3108.jpg

And these are my beautiful and thoughtfully labelled squares from Katy - now I know what all the yarns you guys talk about are!! 

Kuddles - Loving the Totes, never mind that you're not so keen on the crochet at the moment, you clearly have lots of other creative outlets :)

Great squares! Glad you are feeling better! And thanks for the tote kudos....yes I am an equal opportunity craft lover!

kuddles

I scored on lunch! Went to the local thrift shop and bought all I could find of crochet pubs......there were some old vintage Annie's with both crochet and knit in them and got those too!

Spent 8.37 and walked out with a big bag full! You know what I'll be doing tonite!

I love the vintage ones!

kuddles

Hi, everyone!  It's a blah day today.  I'm bound to have some of those once in a while; right?  Come to think of it, I'm perking up at the thought of finishing the striped bag.  I just need to line the big square and then crochet the sides and add the handle.  Yay!

Kuddles:  Video tutorial!  I second the suggestion!  lol

Love the goodies, Becca.  I'm craving ice cream now ;) I hope to start using the yarn this weekend.

Owlvamp, I've been lusting after the Furls crochet hooks for a long time now.  I'm glad they came out with the candy line because they're much cheaper than the ones made out of wood.  Someday I'll own one of each, I hope.

Time to get back into the fray :)

Hi everyone! Sorry for moaning and groaning yesterday, but thanks also for the support and understanding.  I have an apt with my dr tomorrow so we will discuss it.

Hey squares!

attachicon.gifIMG_3110.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_3108.jpg

Thank you both so, so much, can't tell you how lovely it was to receive these in the post. 

Talking of post, tomorrow I am determined to pull my socks up and venture over to the Post Office to send off Owlvamp's squares - sorry you've had to wait so long hun. Really hope today has been a better day pain wise. 

Not a lot of news here really... in fact what am I talking about - I'm eating a new flavour of ice cream right now - thats news right?! Haha - I don't know if it's actually new, but it's new to me! B&Js Winter Berry Brownie... very nice but sad to say the brownie pieces aren't as lovely and gooey as they are in the actual brownie one... see, Am I living life on the edge or what?!! 

Oh and also my cousin's gf gave birth to a little girl this morning yay! Have fallen a little bit in love with the round ripple blanket pattern so making one up double quick to hopefully post out tomorrow together with a little comforter blanket and the mary janes I made the other week. 

Right I better go, I need to go put the ice cream back in the freezer before I eat the whole tub in one sitting  :D

Love to you all squares! And thank you again lovelies xx

I'm so glad they made it there safe and sound!  I was just checking the slip from the PO today and hoping they would show up soon, lol.  Congrats to your cousin!  Which RR pattern are you making?  I love RR's!

CANDY SHOP CROCHET HOOKS: CHOOSE FROM SIZES F, G, H AND I

These hooks are beautiful and would love to try them. All my favorite sizes.

I need to find myself a fairy godmother. LOL :)

Has anyone heard of these or own one?
Here's a link go look

http://furlscrochet.com/collections/candy-shop-crochet-hooks/products/candy-shop-crochet-hooks-sizes-f-i#oid=1005_2

Oh my, aren't they beautiful!

I scored on lunch! Went to the local thrift shop and bought all I could find of crochet pubs......there were some old vintage Annie's with both crochet and knit in them and got those too!

Spent 8.37 and walked out with a big bag full! You know what I'll be doing tonite!

I love the vintage ones!

kuddles

Wootie Woot Woot!!!

Hi, everyone!  It's a blah day today.  I'm bound to have some of those once in a while; right?  Come to think of it, I'm perking up at the thought of finishing the striped bag.  I just need to line the big square and then crochet the sides and add the handle.  Yay!

Kuddles:  Video tutorial!  I second the suggestion!  lol

Love the goodies, Becca.  I'm craving ice cream now ;) I hope to start using the yarn this weekend.

Owlvamp, I've been lusting after the Furls crochet hooks for a long time now.  I'm glad they came out with the candy line because they're much cheaper than the ones made out of wood.  Someday I'll own one of each, I hope.

Time to get back into the fray :)

Sorry you're having a blah day.  Yes, we're all entitled, just wish we didn't have to go thru it.  I guess they make us appreciate the good days more, lol.  Here's a :hug , hope it helps...

Sorry you're having a blah day.  Yes, we're all entitled, just wish we didn't have to go thru it.  I guess they make us appreciate the good days more, lol.  Here's a :hug , hope it helps...

Thanks, and :hug right back atcha :)

oh such lovely eye candy, thank you all for posting!! And yes, i saw those hooks, my, they are pretty, but a little outta my range money wise, sooooo have to drool and live without them, I guess. lol

Kuddles and angel, both seem to do such wonderful bags and totes, BOTH of you should do a vid!!! lol

I don't sew, so anything like that fascinates me, you both are very good at it....

Hope to post my finished donations soon, so far, I have a dozen or more hats, and four baby blankees for the emeg. Preg center locally, and then Ill work on my homeless shelter pile a bit more before Sept....

SOoooo keep those peepers open for a peek at my hats, coming soon, lol just gotta get them off th camera, andonto the computer,,,,,,then wala, pics!!!!

Grannyannie - It's the rainbow ripple baby blanket, I really love the pattern! I'm doing it in pink and cream for baby :) it's really quick to work up, even for me! 

I really hope you get the whole insurance thing sorted out too Hun, the last thing you need is more stress worrying about things like that. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's appointment. 

Hugs :hug  for AngelRose xxx

Kuddles sounds like you had a good find there!! I'm working up to one day going to a charity shop near me. I'd have to drive there but it's not far, thing is its on a main high street which is really busy and I'm not quite up to lots of people yet, but it's a little goal and I know I'll achieve it soon. 

I'm thinking about walking down to the church tomorrow. I've never been to that one before, I'm not really a religious person (I hope that doesn't offend anyone) but I've been thinking about faith and God more recently, and I feel like I should go and sit in the church, I don't know why. So maybe I will just trust the feeling and go with it. 

Anyway, must get back to the blanket, it's 10:30pm here and I need to get it finished in time to post it tomorrow! 

Oh meant to add a pic:

attachicon.gifIMG_3112.jpg

Got a bit more to go, but am really pleased with it so far! 

It's coming along beautifully, Becca.  I haven't made a round ripple yet.  My niece (a sister's daughter) is due in December.  I think those are beautiful; so I'll make one for Judy-oodie.  Thanks for the inspiration :)

Archived