Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Thank you granny. I'm trying to rest but with no help it does get difficult. I only do what I can and not worry about the rest until daughters get here.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everybody,

I haven't been online here for quite a while. It has been so wet here that I have had water standing in my yard. I haven't been out to get the mail in quite a spell because of the rain.

I have had trouble with my recliner. I received it in 1997 from Mama. Actually it was one of a pair that Daddy bought back in the 1980s. He offered me the love seat that these recliners replaced. I loved it and had it for many years. In 1997 Daddy passed away and Mama gave me his blue recliner which I have had and I used since then. It has been a good chair, but lately (last week) I started having trouble getting the footrest to come all the way out. Last weekend, the footrest locked in the half in and half out position and so I contacted a friend of mine and told her that I needed her oldest son to come and see if he could get the footrest all the way down. He and she came this afternoon and he was able to get the footrest all the way in.

Rusty is asleep on his blanket as I typed this.

I know what you mean Rusty's mom . I have a glider that I got from my dad after passing. It needs some work or replaced but don't have the heart to replace it. I know it's just a chair to many but to me it's not. So I understand .

Hope the rain slows down in your neck of the woods. It's suppose to rain here Friday.

Yes that's the pattern for the ghan :)

I chose it because I hate beginning chains but didn't want to workin the round either. It works up lightning quick and I love the effect.

Right off to take one of my other cats to the vets for her annual booster.

Later square, and Happy Tuesdya!

(I won't say morning yet as it probably isn't for most of you guys!)

Good morning all!

Tank paced back and forth for an hour. I guess I should of taken the hint from the beginning. Daughter came and took him potty. He really had to go. So now back inside and sleeping next to me.

Husband just got up to get ready for work. He's getting me a drink and I'm going to try to go back to sleep myself.

Good morning all!

owlvamp - hope you got back to sleep!

Becca - hope you are feeling more like yourself!

Katie - hey there queen!

And to all my other squares, have a great day!

kuddles

Well my message seems to have disappeared so I'll try again.

Good Morning Everyone,

Kuddles, you win the early bird prized today.

grannyannie and owlvamp, please take care of yourselves and don't over do. Owlvamp I'll be mailing your puffy this afternoon.

Nothing too exciting today, work, post office, and stope for a wedding gift for a friend.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi, everyone!  This summer was for the most part mild, but the weather is back to its shenanigans.  It's already 75 degrees at 10:21 a.m., with humidity at 66%, making it feel like 80 degrees.  The max for today is supposed to be 87, but it is going to feel like 91.  I wish I had time to go to the beach and cool off.  I'm very, very thankful for A/C.  I hope I remember that when the bill comes.  Yikes!

I finished another bag, the Striped Bag.  I'm not used to not having round-by-round, row-by-row pattern instructions.  At first glance, other than knowing I had to make a big granny square, I was confused about the other elements of the bag because it had some charts and drawings with "This goes here, and that goes there."  Huh?   :think   I figured I'd worry about it when I got to that point.  As always, I figured I'd understand it better if I started it to compare to the charts and explanations.  It turned out to be very easy.  The best part?  Following other people's suggestions, I lined the square while it was still a square.  Let me tell you, it was easy-peasy!  I repurposed my SIL's beautiful purple knitted top.  Once I finish the embellishments, it's going to be for her.  She'll always have her favorite top with her.  I've been gathering old clothes or torn clothes for repurposing.  It's just a little challenging at times to cut it and piece it together into the necessary shape, but so far, so good.  Anyway, I'll be posting pictures later without the embellishments.  I'm so hooked on this pattern.

I've been reading along every day, but I cannot remember where to send cyberhugs and words of encouragement.  Therefore, hugs to all, prayers for all, and happy hellos all around.

Everyone we have a new member, Yarnoverforlove, she is now listed in the members list, and would like well to quote her, "No color or yarn preference but the squares need to be 8x8 or 6x6"  this is a no brainer ladies, and a good cause, lets see what we can do to help her with her goal, shall we!! New blood, I mean wow, new member, lol and we're off!! Everyone welcome Catherine to our thread!!

:welcome  and thanks for joining! :c9  Look to her blog link for more info. I think I told her the right way to post it to her siggy, if not, Im sure she'll figure it out!

well wosza, bags galore!! Can't wait to see um all dolled up too!

I see our Ms. Catherine figured out how to do the signature thing, yay, I wasn't sure I told you enough details, glad you got that straighteded out, that way, it goes where ever, when ever you post on the ville!!

I second that too,  we will do what we can to help of course....You are not looking for all one color squares are you, cause if not, I have some  six and or eight inch squares on hand that are mixed colors, that I could send you after Labor Day Weekend, lemme know.....

Seems like days Kuddles, since we chatted, lol You must be busy with Lazy Lucky, and Kiddles....(her doggie, and her young daughter, in that order, for those that don't know, lol )

Snowflake, we miss your posts!

Estee, how's it going?

Ann, hope you are feeling much better today.... and to make you feel better, know that I have at least four scarves for your donation to your chairty!! One, I believe you will want, and when you get them, you will know the one, lol

Keep it if you like, I don't mind at all!

And owlvamp, days are getting shorter, but staying hot here, hope all is well in your neck of the woods, and school is going well for everyone....

Had our neighborhood brunch today, was fun, caught up on all the gossip, lol and had good food to boot, can't beat that..

Sept . Is my month to host, but I swear if Handymandan, doesn't get up my back splash pretty soon, Im trading with someone and Ill do it in Oct, as that wall is so yukky behind the sink, we stripped it, getting ready for the back splash, soooooo, wating patiently, for the back splash....here back splash, come on boy, lol

oh,got the new floor in the back door entry and the laundry room and just need now to do the front door entry, but have to have the door open and it's just too hot right now, NOT to have ac. lol Need a bit of a break in the weather, before we complete that job, but we did get the moulding around the kitchen floor on the other day, looks finished NOW, lol

All for now, more later when i come back in, thinking about a give away, more detail later.........he he he......

Hi Everyone, hope everyone is having a good Tuesday. Boy it's hard to believe that Labor Day is next week! Where did summer go? Time to get on the ball and get those Christmas presents made!

Thanks for all the lovely comments, MIL loved her 'brick' Faroe ghan :)

Yes the pattern is free on ravelry, and they also have a hexagon version too, it's called 'African flower' and is on a blog called 'made in K town' http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/african-flower-square

Right late here, friend just left so only popped on quickly, night lovely squares x

Thanks for sharing that link Becca. I've got it saved now, it's so pretty, I hope to make one soon.

Thank you granny. I'm trying to rest but with no help it does get difficult. I only do what I can and not worry about the rest until daughters get here.

That's all that you can do, don't try to push it more. I've learned the hard way, lol. Listen to your body. (((hugs)))

Hi everybody,

I haven't been online here for quite a while. It has been so wet here that I have had water standing in my yard. I haven't been out to get the mail in quite a spell because of the rain.

I have had trouble with my recliner. I received it in 1997 from Mama. Actually it was one of a pair that Daddy bought back in the 1980s. He offered me the love seat that these recliners replaced. I loved it and had it for many years. In 1997 Daddy passed away and Mama gave me his blue recliner which I have had and I used since then. It has been a good chair, but lately (last week) I started having trouble getting the footrest to come all the way out. Last weekend, the footrest locked in the half in and half out position and so I contacted a friend of mine and told her that I needed her oldest son to come and see if he could get the footrest all the way down. He and she came this afternoon and he was able to get the footrest all the way in.

Rusty is asleep on his blanket as I typed this.

Good to hear from you. I hope the rain let's up soon. I used to have a recliner (from my mom) just like that too. Darn thing would always stick half way and I'd need to be rescued out of it, lol.

Good morning all!

Tank paced back and forth for an hour. I guess I should of taken the hint from the beginning. Daughter came and took him potty. He really had to go. So now back inside and sleeping next to me.

Husband just got up to get ready for work. He's getting me a drink and I'm going to try to go back to sleep myself.

Hope you got a good, restful sleep.

Good morning everybody. it isn't raining here finally. In fact, it has been very nice for the last few days.

Hurray!

Everyone we have a new member, Yarnoverforlove, she is now listed in the members list, and would like well to quote her, "No color or yarn preference but the squares need to be 8x8 or 6x6"  this is a no brainer ladies, and a good cause, lets see what we can do to help her with her goal, shall we!! New blood, I mean wow, new member, lol and we're off!! Everyone welcome Catherine to our thread!!

:welcome  and thanks for joining! :c9  Look to her blog link for more info. I think I told her the right way to post it to her siggy, if not, Im sure she'll figure it out!

Welcome Catherine!

Welcome, Catherine/Yarnoverforlove!  We'll do our best to help you out :)

Here are some progress pics.  I'll post in the show-and-tell thread after adding a bit of extras here and there.

Very nice!

well wosza, bags galore!! Can't wait to see um all dolled up too!

I see our Ms. Catherine figured out how to do the signature thing, yay, I wasn't sure I told you enough details, glad you got that straighteded out, that way, it goes where ever, when ever you post on the ville!!

I second that too,  we will do what we can to help of course....You are not looking for all one color squares are you, cause if not, I have some  six and or eight inch squares on hand that are mixed colors, that I could send you after Labor Day Weekend, lemme know.....

Seems like days Kuddles, since we chatted, lol You must be busy with Lazy Lucky, and Kiddles....(her doggie, and her young daughter, in that order, for those that don't know, lol )

Snowflake, we miss your posts!

Estee, how's it going?

Ann, hope you are feeling much better today.... and to make you feel better, know that I have at least four scarves for your donation to your chairty!! One, I believe you will want, and when you get them, you will know the one, lol

Keep it if you like, I don't mind at all!

And owlvamp, days are getting shorter, but staying hot here, hope all is well in your neck of the woods, and school is going well for everyone....

Had our neighborhood brunch today, was fun, caught up on all the gossip, lol and had good food to boot, can't beat that..

Sept . Is my month to host, but I swear if Handymandan, doesn't get up my back splash pretty soon, Im trading with someone and Ill do it in Oct, as that wall is so yukky behind the sink, we stripped it, getting ready for the back splash, soooooo, wating patiently, for the back splash....here back splash, come on boy, lol

oh,got the new floor in the back door entry and the laundry room and just need now to do the front door entry, but have to have the door open and it's just too hot right now, NOT to have ac. lol Need a bit of a break in the weather, before we complete that job, but we did get the moulding around the kitchen floor on the other day, looks finished NOW, lol

All for now, more later when i come back in, thinking about a give away, more detail later.........he he he......

I'm tired just reading about all your hard work in your kitchen area!  I bet it's gorgeous.  I love the idea of redoing rooms, especially kitchens, but I love it more if someone else does all the work :lol  I've never tried doing any repair jobs around a home.  I'm sure I'd be able to learn, but I'd rather crochet while the work gets done ;)  Oooh, another giveaway?  Spill the beans, please!

Love your bag Angel. It's pretty. Thank you for showing us. It's looks like I might try it.

Thanks!  It's so incredibly easy.  Mine is big because I used ww yarn, whereas the pattern calls for double stranding fingering weight yarn.  That means I used a thicker yarn to begin with and made the 30 rounds the pattern indicates, but my square was therefore bigger.  The next bag will have less rounds so it's smaller.  It is very easy to adjust the sc rows that will gather and form the sides of the bag.  I just have to figure out how to attach the handle because it's not round like the one I used on the one I posted.  We'll see how that goes.  Have fun with it :)

I was flipping through a magazine,It brought back a memory I'd like to share

Although I crochet right handed,I'm a lefty at everything else I do,anyway

I don't know if its just me,or if other lefties do this or not

when I look through a magazine I flip through back to front,when we were in Japan I was looking at a magazine or catalog

A japanese lady said Oh you read Japanese?? I said no,she said Oh I thought you did by the way you flipped through it,they read magazines and books back to front.

Archived