Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I know Maria, Im tired of it too, i don't really help much with the work, just get in the way mostly, lol but it is almost complete, so evrything will be fresh. that is the last of anything that was left of the old residents, mostly everything else including tub stool,shower, sinks, vanity floor in the bathroom, new closet for towels, but this all took a few years, and the kitchen is the last room we need to complete.. Almost there, I promise you!! ll

Pineknot, that is cool, I know my daughter had an exchange student from japan, and she taught my daughter much about the culture, and the people, and the language too, but I never knew that!

Ok, then I will send some squares too, that are looking for their forever home on to The Long Horn State, soon!!
wait, is that the lone star state, yeah, I think it is, wow, see in Nebraska, we consider Texas another whole COUNTRY as it is so big, lol I didn't know for a long time that the only state bigger than Texas, was Alaska, it's huge!!!!! I wonder how many Texas' can fit into Alaska??? sounds like a job for Yahoo ANswers! lol

taking a much needed break, cleaned up the dinner mess, and changed out the cat box, and sent the trash out the door, so am done for the night!! Once kitchen is done, the rule is, you mess it, you clean it, leave it as you found it, lol     works!!

Ok, my keyboard is outta breath now, gonna sit back, and let it breathe a little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm right handed but I always start at the back of the catalog. I don't know why I do it but I do at the doctor offices too.

Oh well I'm not the only one. :)

I was flipping through a magazine,It brought back a memory I'd like to share

Although I crochet right handed,I'm a lefty at everything else I do,anyway

I don't know if its just me,or if other lefties do this or not

when I look through a magazine I flip through back to front,when we were in Japan I was looking at a magazine or catalog

A japanese lady said Oh you read Japanese?? I said no,she said Oh I thought you did by the way you flipped through it,they read magazines and books back to front.

I was originally a lefty, but I was forced to relearn how to write with my right hand.  However, I still do many things with my left.  You can tell the most when I'm sweeping or mopping by the way I hold the handles.  My left arm is really more dominant than my right.  For a long time I was ambidextrous, and I still can write, though not as neatly, with my left hand.  My two youngest brothers are both left-handed, and lucky them, they got to remain lefties.  I also prefer to flip pages with my left, lol.

Am loving the ghostly/UFO chatter! We have a lady called Ann who is in our house with us (I had to go to a psychic to find out her name). She will have periods of inactivity for a few weeks, then make her presence felt again! She does various things around the house, changes the television channels to 77 over and over again, turns the dial up on the toaster, switches the kettle on (we have to make sure to always leave water in it in case it gets switched on empty!) and once she hid my OH's gloves for over 3 weeks, then one day they were pinned to the dartboard!! She had gone quiet for a while, but just this last week my OH has had a few experiences, including having his t-shirt pulled at whilst he was using the toilet!! 

I've had a lot of experiences over the years, and can sometimes 'see' and 'hear' spirits. It's never been a negative thing for me, just very interesting. 

I've never seen a UFO (that I know of) though. We enjoy watching programmes on TV about them though. 

Wow!!  I love Ann.  Did she pass away in your house?

and happy sunday eve, to you all!!

The chat sure is interesting lately, everyone has their own stories, fascinating, without going into My story as it is much to lengthy to type,  lol I will just say, I have personal experiences too, as has my daughter, she claims since she was little, way little, that two entities, angels if you will, have always been with her, watching over her, she named them, they were niether male nor female, persay, but very much looked out for her, and communicated with her, but not through voice. The last I heard, she still has them with her, they are caring and loving, and a have always been in her life to help and support her. I don't know if it was them that flushed the toliet once in a while, and turned on the tv, when she was young, or another more mischievious guest.

so, I beieve.

course she swears she hid from santa clause once too, and saw his big black boots walk right past the end table  she was hiding under, to the tree and start unloading gifts,.....needless to say, we never had anyone play  santa  ever, when she was growing up at all..????????

I belieive pets too,and animals in gerneral,  can sense or see things we cannot. end of story.

So interesting!!

My daughter has told me that when she was little she talked to the angels.  She also had an "imaginary friend"(?).  His name was Uncle Albert (don't have any relatives that name).  He talked to her and drove a purple pick-up truck.  She's 19 now.

Yup! I'm in southern IL and we're about 150 miles from the New Madrid fault

I didn't realize that Illinois had a fault line.

I have experienced ghosts firsthand. I used to work retail, and the summer of 2008 we had a little girl in our store. My assistant manager at the time named her Abigail. I would hear boxes moving and kids playing when the store was completely empty. We also had a "Touch N See" board (it was black and if you put your hand on it, it would change colors from the heat of your hand) and we had a small handprint that would come and go throughout the day. We would try to rub our hands over it to get it to disappear and it would never go away. We tried cleaning the board with lysol and it stayed put. One of my co-workers actually saw the figure of a small girl in a blue and white dress run past her on a day that she was working alone and didn't have any customers in the store.

WOW!!!  Thanks for the story

I believe in spirits to.

My mother passed away in 1997 . I had my youngest daughter 1997. My met her once before passing. :(

When Baby turned about 3 she would always talk to herself . She would sit on the steps ,jump on the trampoline and just talk a way.

Finally one day I asked her who she was talking to and she said grandma. She was only about 3 months old when mom met her. She said she had white hair. At the time I just couldn't deal with it and cried and never asked her any more questions. Just told her to talk a way and she did. So I believe.

This gave me goosebumps!  WOW!   That is sooooo cool.

Good Morning,

Angel, that is a beautiful bag.

Welcome Catherine!

I'm feeling a little tired today, I haven't been sleeping as good as I would like. I have open house tonight at school so I will be hanging out here all day, going for dinner with a coworker and then back to school to speak with parents. Only one more day and I leave for a wedding in South Carolina and then a stop in Orlando on our way home, it's nice that we have 2 days off from school next week.

Enough rambling, have a great day everyone.

Welcome, Catherine/Yarnoverforlove!  We'll do our best to help you out :)

Here are some progress pics.  I'll post in the show-and-tell thread after adding a bit of extras here and there.

Great bag!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself! So... Hello and thank you for having me in your group!

Welcome!

Good morning Squares!

You know, I get on her first thing which is super early, then I usually am unable to get back on all the rest of the day! Life gets in my way!

Plugging along till the weekend as usual....gonna take Kiddles to Legoland! It's about an hour away and she will go bonkers! Scored a discount on line for her entry for free! We are set!

Kiddles is doing okay with the start of school. She has had math homework the last two nites and after a 'rough' start, is doing okay with it! Woot!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Hi Squares! I'm having a very low enery day and need to get some more sleep. Wanted to stop in and say hi to all my buddies though,lol. Have a wonderful day!

I was flipping through a magazine,It brought back a memory I'd like to share

Although I crochet right handed,I'm a lefty at everything else I do,anyway

I don't know if its just me,or if other lefties do this or not

when I look through a magazine I flip through back to front,when we were in Japan I was looking at a magazine or catalog

A japanese lady said Oh you read Japanese?? I said no,she said Oh I thought you did by the way you flipped through it,they read magazines and books back to front.

Interesting. My ex is a lefty an I never noticed if he read magazines from the back or front.

I know Maria, Im tired of it too, i don't really help much with the work, just get in the way mostly, lol but it is almost complete, so evrything will be fresh. that is the last of anything that was left of the old residents, mostly everything else including tub stool,shower, sinks, vanity floor in the bathroom, new closet for towels, but this all took a few years, and the kitchen is the last room we need to complete.. Almost there, I promise you!! ll

Pineknot, that is cool, I know my daughter had an exchange student from japan, and she taught my daughter much about the culture, and the people, and the language too, but I never knew that!

Ok, then I will send some squares too, that are looking for their forever home on to The Long Horn State, soon!!

wait, is that the lone star state, yeah, I think it is, wow, see in Nebraska, we consider Texas another whole COUNTRY as it is so big, lol I didn't know for a long time that the only state bigger than Texas, was Alaska, it's huge!!!!! I wonder how many Texas' can fit into Alaska??? sounds like a job for Yahoo ANswers! lol

taking a much needed break, cleaned up the dinner mess, and changed out the cat box, and sent the trash out the door, so am done for the night!! Once kitchen is done, the rule is, you mess it, you clean it, leave it as you found it, lol     works!!

Ok, my keyboard is outta breath now, gonna sit back, and let it breathe a little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your house must look so awesome with all it's make-overs! We had so many plans for this place but I got sick and nothing, absolutely nothing, got done.

Good morning Squares!

You know, I get on her first thing which is super early, then I usually am unable to get back on all the rest of the day! Life gets in my way!

Plugging along till the weekend as usual....gonna take Kiddles to Legoland! It's about an hour away and she will go bonkers! Scored a discount on line for her entry for free! We are set!

Kiddles is doing okay with the start of school. She has had math homework the last two nites and after a 'rough' start, is doing okay with it! Woot!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

LEGOLAND, awesome! have a wonderful time. Hope things continue to go well for Kiddles in school.

Just thought I'd pop in to say I'm still upright and sucking air... :laughroll....Had to report for Jury Duty yesterday...Didn't even make it to Voir Dire...It was a LONG day....Four trials...200 peeps in large room just waiting to hear their number called to report to courtroom....Several were dismissed early, but I didn't get dismissed til 5:45PM...There were 20 of us left til last minute....I know they screen folks according to how they answer the juror questionnaire ....Most of us had served on a jury before, had been a victim of a crime, or had someone we know involved in a crime....They say that it is random choice, but I'm not so sure of that... :shrug ...All in all it was a day well spent, I used up all the yarn I had taken to work on my grandson's birthday blanket/afghan....and I managed to do some reading on a book I know I'll never finish (it's one I take for waiting when I don't have crochet to do)...They did pay us $15 cash...That's a first...Normally have to wait a year and a day for their check to come in the mail...Just enough for gas, lunch and a skein of yarn...Storms here have dwindled  and looks like we are in for a pretty dry weekend....Hope everyone is safe and sound and not having to deal with tonados, earthquakes, forest fires, mudslides, torrential winds or rain...Oh, I forgot SUNBURN...That's it for now... :ghug

interestink!! love the chatter!!

One thing to tell you all, back splash is going up as we speak!!, lol no that wasn't the one thing, so guess I had two,

I am awaiting confirmation on our newest nominee for biggest square of Sept!! Im not rushing our current queen out, but I always send a pm about a week before we need a new queen, gives me time to run another random lottery if the one chosen doesn't for some reason want the honor, or can't reach him or her......

So, Sandra, with all you have had on your plate this month, how goes the collecting, I look forward to hearing a total count at the end of your rein, and hopefully you have received, or will have by that time, enough to FINISH THAT GHAN!! lol (Spoken like Game show host, lol ) Hope your are slowly but surely continuing your recovery as well, and are able to soon be up and about and back to normal..

Even in your deepest days of pain, and or uncomfotablness, you always managed to check in now and then and let us know the update. thanks for that, and hope you enjoy the remainder of your days as Queen, and until the time you pass that crown, enjoy your squares!!!!!!

Becca meant to ask you, is that tea you sent me exclusive to England, as I am sure I have had that brand if not the flavor of it here, earl gray, yup. I will use that at my brunch, set it by my place, lol and have tea instead of coffee that morning!! Thank you too for the chocolate, and everyone, Becca has delisciously lovely neat handwriting!!!!!!!!!!!!! just so ya know!

Haven't heard from Lacey, or katiebug, but I think lacey will be back one of these days when life settles in for her, (imafreak) so will be patient.....

I will start some squares soon, for the newest member of our group, and her chairty, I first want to see what is on hand in my smallish little pile, and send what I can of those as well......

Ann, hope your day is going better, and you are feeling stronger, is the vist.nurse still coming, or ......

Feel better to all those that need it, even those that have an aversion to RAGWEED, lol Im hating this season more and more, lol watery eyes, sore throat, and sneezes and congestion, all caused by such a tiny thing, which even in small quanities can affect us this way!!! Drat alergies!

Wow!!  I love Ann.  Did she pass away in your house?

Id like to know that as well.........

I was originally a lefty, but I was forced to relearn how to write with my right hand.  However, I still do many things with my left.  You can tell the most when I'm sweeping or mopping by the way I hold the handles.  My left arm is really more dominant than my right.  For a long time I was ambidextrous, and I still can write, though not as neatly, with my left hand.  My two youngest brothers are both left-handed, and lucky them, they got to remain lefties.  I also prefer to flip pages with my left, lol.

My mom was ambidextrous as well, she could write simaltaineously with both hands. She too, favored her left though. It never wa a problem, cept when I was trying to teach her to crochet, she got it, but we had to do it with her sitting across from me, lol may she rest in peace.

okay soon as I round them up I'll ask for address,thanks

Linda you are so nice to jump in and help. Our squares will find a home now!

Katy so far I'm up to 9 squares I believe. I will recount again. I'm still waiting for a couple puffy that was mailed. But as soon as I know you will know. I can't do a lot so the least I can do is get on here and chatter with you all. :)

Good morning everyone.

I hope kiddles has a good day at school.

I'm really tired so will,talk to you all later.

She's enjoying before/after care better and she still loves her teacher so all is good! Thanks!

Hi Squares! I'm having a very low enery day and need to get some more sleep. Wanted to stop in and say hi to all my buddies though,lol. Have a wonderful day! Interesting. My ex is a lefty an I never noticed if he read magazines from the back or front.

Your house must look so awesome with all it's make-overs! We had so many plans for this place but I got sick and nothing, absolutely nothing, got done.

LEGOLAND, awesome! have a wonderful time. Hope things continue to go well for Kiddles in school.

I hope she loves it and has a great time. I'll tell all after we go!

Thanks!

hey no problem sandra, you're still queenie!!!

Katy so far I'm up to 9 squares I believe. I will recount again. I'm still waiting for a couple puffy that was mailed. But as soon as I know you will know. I can't do a lot so the least I can do is get on here and chatter with you all. :)

Good afternoon ms kuddles and co.... glad she is doing ok, after all, she is one year older, lol   

ann, get some rest, and talk to us later when you feel stronger...

Jessicali, is back on the list, her preferences now are 6 and 12 inch, any colors.....she is about half way done with her ghan.......

how many more do you need sandra???

update, back splash tiles are all up, just waiting a day or so now, and then he will grout, what a diff. it is a pale grey white ceramic tile, and it sure looks brighter out there now, and that ugly wallpaper yellowish old stuff, that I have been wanting to get rid of, and did, on the other wall, is history!! Nice difference out there, even without the grouting done yet.....

I will get to you on how many more I need . I need to lay them out and check it. I've enjoyed being queen this month and know I will pass it on soon.

I'm still working on mine for you,owlvamp,its going to be 5 or 6,there was two days of noooooo hookingI'd like to get them in the mail friday,but may have to wait till tuesday,dunno yet.

Archived