Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Yes it does and I'm excited too. Can't wait for the mail to come next week.

I still haven't receive becca's yet. She keeps asking but nothing yet and I know some of you already did.

Maybe they are really taking the scenic route.LOL

I guess it takes forever being out of the states.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow pineknott!! did you hear that owlvamp, that ought to make you feel terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can afford to do it,because she is in an area close to me,and postage won't cost me an arm and half a leg,lol

Yes it does and I'm excited too. Can't wait for the mail to come next week.

I still haven't receive becca's yet. She keeps asking but nothing yet and I know some of you already did.

Maybe they are really taking the scenic route.LOL

I guess it takes forever being out of the states.

I'm gutted they haven't arrived yet :( I hope they hurry up, am beginning to worry they've lost them :( 

Welcome from me to our new blood , sorry - member!! 

Kuddles - glad to hear that kiddles is doing well with homework and the start of school x

Well I've been quiet again, sorry about that. 

:ghug Big British hugs for everyone from across the pond :) 

Things are plodding along here, the kittens are all doing well and are starting to 'escape' from their little box, which drives poor mama cat mad as she chases them around and chastises them! 

As well as making DK squares I'm working on another round ripple blanket, a slightly different design this time that I've kind of modified from the last one I did. It's a request from a friend of mine for her niece, and I will them make one for her nephew. 

The Faroe blanket is on hold while I get these done, I'm thinking I may change my mind and use this most favourite yarn for something else, as I will have a lovely friendship 'ghan so won't need a blanket... I'm considering cushion covers, as the ones I have currently I made with fabric a couple of years ago and they're starting to look as though they've seen better days. 

Had my counselling 'access' appointment today, I don't know why they don't just calla spade a spade and call it an 'assessment', perhaps they think it would create anxiety. Anyway it was very quick and went fine, and I should hopefully hear from them with an appointment next week. 

Oh and to answer the question about our resident spirit Ann, yes I believe she was someone who lived in this house previously, although I can't be sure. This house actually used to be a greengrocers shop about 50 years ago! 

Right I'm off to visit (yes, I'm leaving my house voluntarily for something other than an appointment or necessary groceries!) a friend's mum, I don't want to be on my own after my counselling appointment and she only lives down the road. 

Hope you all have a lovely Thursday, another week nearly over! 

one of these days Kuddles, I will be here, online, when you post in the am, lol but listen, don't hold your breath about that being any time soon, as it's always pretty early!! lol

Glad kiddles is doing well, and lucky too, as we have not heard anything bad about the little rascal lately!

Becca, glad you are getting things in order personally, and good for you to have a friend so close! Keep those kitties contained, it won't be easy from here on out!! I call the female yellow one!!! lol  did you know that most, if not all calico's are female. and yellow tabbys, most usually are boys!! Not always though, Just saying. lol

Hi carol, hows it going!!

Oh I heard from crsheridan, and she is teaching and busy, but says to tell everyone hi, and she will be back, when Life slows down a bit for her..

Also got a confirmation from our sept nominee, so I can relax for a few days, and enjoy my weekend!! lol She will be announced on the first of Sept!! Want a hint.......well, most I can say is this, she has been on the thread a long time and well,that's it, lol Wait and see!!!

if anyone wants that link, to the number generator I use, for chosing the next queen, it is here.

Pineknott, and orange, you gotta see it to believe it!! Check out the MIL and FIL comfortghan post by Skoggy......I coudln't believe my eyes, as Linda usually has a reaction to the color orange, and it's not good. lol

okie dokie, now a question. I can't remember whom might be collecting the 4 inch squares,  but I have a few made from Caron Simply Soft in 4 inches, if anyone is interested,no pastels, but  red, and blues, green, all colors i think, probably 10 or so, traditional grannys,nothing fancy, 3 rows with an h hook, 4 inch. pm me, first come first serve.......thanks all......

edited to add, these have been called for, thank you!!

one of these days Kuddles, I will be here, online, when you post in the am, lol but listen, don't hold your breath about that being any time soon, as it's always pretty early!! lol

Glad kiddles is doing well, and lucky too, as we have not heard anything bad about the little rascal lately!

Becca, glad you are getting things in order personally, and good for you to have a friend so close! Keep those kitties contained, it won't be easy from here on out!! I call the female yellow one!!! lol  did you know that most, if not all calico's are female. and yellow tabbys, most usually are boys!! Not always though, Just saying. lol

Hi carol, hows it going!!

Oh I heard from crsheridan, and she is teaching and busy, but says to tell everyone hi, and she will be back, when Life slows down a bit for her..

Also got a confirmation from our sept nominee, so I can relax for a few days, and enjoy my weekend!! lol She will be announced on the first of Sept!! Want a hint.......well, most I can say is this, she has been on the thread a long time and well,that's it, lol Wait and see!!!

if anyone wants that link, to the number generator I use, for chosing the next queen, it is here.

Pineknott, and orange, you gotta see it to believe it!! Check out the MIL and FIL comfortghan post by Skoggy......I coudln't believe my eyes, as Linda usually has a reaction to the color orange, and it's not good. lol

okie dokie, now a question. I can't remember whom might be collecting the 4 inch squares,  but I have a few made from Caron Simply Soft in 4 inches, if anyone is interested,no pastels, but  red, and blues, green, all colors i think, probably 10 or so, traditional grannys,nothing fancy, 3 rows with an h hook, 4 inch. pm me, first come first serve.......thanks all........

Oh Katie,you are too funny,but it was for a charitable effort it and did leave the house

So katy basically you put what numbers in to get your next queen. Do you start with 1 and then put how many need blocks? I was curious how you did this . Now the past queens aren't in it anymore? Maybe I need to go to page one and read again. LOL

Oh Katy, I won't be looking for you in the mornings! Different time zone and all...

Lucky is okay. Ball of energy, trying to work on training, now to clicker training. If I didn't work full time, I'd have him all trained by now!

good one to all!

kuddles

So katy basically you put what numbers in to get your next queen. Do you start with 1 and then put how many need blocks? I was curious how you did this . Now the past queens aren't in it anymore? Maybe I need to go to page one and read again. LOL

I assign everyone a number, from 1 to however many members are going to in for the month. Those that have been queen, will certainly get another chance, but only when everyone has had a turn, and we start over. the numbers i give everyone are different every month, so that someone would not get one all the time, and have the generater pick everything else but, lol

It's as fair as I can make it gang, and everyone has an equally good chance, so long as they haven't been queen before, for now, till we get everyone taken care of.....glad you asked, so I could explain it to all, he he, sometimes, I know what Im doing, and how, and just expect everyone else to know it too, lol    thank you for the question sandra....

Oh Katie,you are too funny,but it was for a charitable effort it and did leave the house

wow I know I know, but it shocked me, and they were so pretty, as is the chocolately one for Emma....lol

happy to say I got square # 6 done,hoping for friday mail run

wow, I still can't believe it!! You must crochet at the speed of light!!!!!!!

Oh Katy, I won't be looking for you in the mornings! Different time zone and all...

Lucky is okay. Ball of energy, trying to work on training, now to clicker training. If I didn't work full time, I'd have him all trained by now!

good one to all!

kuddles

are we a diff. time zone kuddles, let me check, I never thought of that........Noooooo we are both central, yay!!!! Only Iowa stands in our way, or we'd be neighbors!!!!!!!!

ANd That reminds me, our new queen to be, is NOT in my time zone.......hint number two.....he he he......

ok, got a taker on the four inch squares I have, so they will be going out next week as welll!!!!!

that about clears out my put aside pile, to be honest, but if i find anymore, and you know they are hiding somewhere, lol I will pass on the news to you all first!!

Ok, replying to a few now because I'm going to run out of internet time before I'll have read through everything.

Welcome, Catherine/Yarnoverforlove!  We'll do our best to help you out :)

Here are some progress pics.  I'll post in the show-and-tell thread after adding a bit of extras here and there.

That bag is great!! I think I'm going to have to try that. I've been wanting to make myself a new purse (the #$%^$#^$# cat peed on mine!!) and that looks like it might be a good candidate.

I was flipping through a magazine,It brought back a memory I'd like to share

Although I crochet right handed,I'm a lefty at everything else I do,anyway

I don't know if its just me,or if other lefties do this or not

when I look through a magazine I flip through back to front,when we were in Japan I was looking at a magazine or catalog

A japanese lady said Oh you read Japanese?? I said no,she said Oh I thought you did by the way you flipped through it,they read magazines and books back to front.

That is pretty cool! I have several Japanese comics and they're all different - some are in Japanese, so of course they're back to front, but the English ones are a mix of front to back and then back to front after the translators became more "purist" and started keeping the layouts the same as in the original. :)

Good morning Squares!

You know, I get on her first thing which is super early, then I usually am unable to get back on all the rest of the day! Life gets in my way!

Plugging along till the weekend as usual....gonna take Kiddles to Legoland! It's about an hour away and she will go bonkers! Scored a discount on line for her entry for free! We are set!

Kiddles is doing okay with the start of school. She has had math homework the last two nites and after a 'rough' start, is doing okay with it! Woot!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Legoland!! My little guy would looooooove Legoland. Except he'd want to play with everything, and I don't think you can there, right?

Ok, less than sixty seconds left. I'll finish catching up tomorrow - I hope?? :D

How do you run out of Internet time? Unless its on your phone I guess .

Wow I have 2 days to enjoy my queen days. Thank you ladies for the privilege of being your August Queen.

I really enjoyed it and love the squares I received. I know more are on there way but I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am and in a month I needed them the most . So THANK YOU!

Ok, replying to a few now because I'm going to run out of internet time before I'll have read through everything.

That bag is great!! I think I'm going to have to try that. I've been wanting to make myself a new purse (the #$%^$#^$# cat peed on mine!!) and that looks like it might be a good candidate.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I am pretty new to reading charts, and once I decided to make it, it was really quite easy.  I have a request for another one but with longer straps.  I'll see what I can do.  I'm looking for old clothes to repurpose just like I did with the knitted top that's now lining this purse.

I don't know how you can live with Internet time limits.  I'd go crazy!  :lol

Good morning Squares! I finally got on here before anyone else! Finally! LOL

Working, school...typical day and will be 92 and humid so glad to be inside! Possible storms later, that's okay, we need the rain!

Can't wait to take kiddles to legoland tomorrow! She will go crazy and tell me I'm the best mom in the world! So nice to hear that now and then!

Have a good day squares!

kuddles

Oops Katy, we are in the same time zone! Okay then you have no excuse for not being up at 5:20 am like me!

VikingRunner......oh yeah you pay to get in to Legoland but there is def a big room full of legos to play with so he would love it!

Toodles!

kuddles

Archived