Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becca you sound good, how are the little four week old kitties, all healthy and happy, and how is mama, did she ever show anymore animosity towards the little one, I think she was mixed up, and didn't really understand what they were, lol this was most likely her first time at being a mom, we all need all the help we can get, lol

Angel, you have a way with words my dear, lovely speeches, both, and honex will reign with the same grace as all of our previous queens....

Hi dragnlady, good to see your post too!! How is everyone?? Looking forward to a day off everyone!! Im not sure what will or will not be open tomorrow, around here at least...

Oh grocery stores, of course will be, but the craft stores , umm probably not, lol

Nice to see pledes for our new queen starting to come in!! Yay!!

Well good evening to all, and happy Labor day tomorrow all!!

Becca you sound good, how are the little four week old kitties, all healthy and happy, and how is mama, did she ever show anymore animosity towards the little one, I think she was mixed up, and didn't really understand what they were, lol this was most likely her first time at being a mom, we all need all the help we can get, lol

Angel, you have a way with words my dear, lovely speeches, both, and honex will reign with the same grace as all of our previous queens....

Hi dragnlady, good to see your post too!! How is everyone?? Looking forward to a day off everyone!! Im not sure what will or will not be open tomorrow, around here at least...

Oh grocery stores, of course will be, but the craft stores , umm probably not, lol

Nice to see pledes for our new queen starting to come in!! Yay!!

Well good evening to all, and happy Labor day tomorrow all!!

You inspired me, Katie!  I loved all the speeches.  We should make a scrapbook of speeches ;)  And then we should make a ghost stories one and another one with jokes.  Oooh, I loved the ghost stories.  I've had my share of experiences, one of them literally in my face.  I shudder just to remember! 

As much as I love long weekends, this one feels so looooong already.  I'm making squares using my 200 Crochet Blocks book.  I'm glad I read the intro first because it turns out they're all made with DK yarn.  I know now to modify them because I'm using worsted.  I recently read a blog archive where the blogger made 101 squares from a granny square book.  I want to try that with this book.  What a great stashbuster!  Then I have more reason to buy more yarn ;)

Happy weekend, friends!

Yes had an ok couple of days actually, and my Dad is coming down to visit me for the day this week (this never happens!) so I'm really looking forward to that :) 

The kittens are great! There are some very funny noises coming from the spare room all the time, because they've started to work out how to get out of their drawer and its driving mamma cat crazy haha! She still gets a little rough with them from time to time, but I've read this is normal at their age now, because she's teaching them how to play/hunt and also telling them off for getting out of the nest! I've started putting kitten biscuits soaked in formula milk in their nest, as they should start the weaning process soon. But I've no idea if it is them or mamma eating them as I haven't seen who is eating it yet. 

As much as I love long weekends, this one feels so looooong already.  I'm making squares using my 200 Crochet Blocks book.  I'm glad I read the intro first because it turns out they're all made with DK yarn.  I know now to modify them because I'm using worsted.  I recently read a blog archive where the blogger made 101 squares from a granny square book.  I want to try that with this book.  What a great stashbuster!  Then I have more reason to buy more yarn ;)

I've really enjoyed this book, made a few squares from it now. I use DK weight and a 4mm hook and they always come out too big, so I have to adapt them. Also my book is written in UK terms and I'm so used to working in US terms I have to concentrate so I don't get confused!! There are some lovely patterns though, Willow (No 189 in my book) is one of my absolute favourites, it looks great in every colour combination I've ever tried. 

Hope you're all having a lovely long weekend x

Morning! Hope everyone has a great holiday today! Hope you are all doing something fun and if not, fun, relaxing with a hook in hand!

Kiddles and I will take several walks since the temps are now down in the 70s to stay for the day! Woot! I finished a purse for a very dear friend's BD and hope to start a zippered tote I'm making for a lady to give to a friend of hers for Christmas. Then have to make my mom's purse for Christmas and it will be a new to me pattern so will be a challenge!

Oh and the hook, I hope to pick up the hook!

Hugs to all Squares!

kuddles

Good Morning, and Happy Labor Day to those in the US! This weekend has gone by far too quickly, so I'm definitely glad to have the extra day off! Picked up a new electronic gadget yesterday and I'm trying to get my PDF crochet patterns moved over. It's much easier to crochet with a tablet nearby for the pattern rather than having my big laptop and my crochet items on my lap!

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday wasn't my day but a little better today beside the pain in left side, back and right hand thumb area.

Off to try to make breakfast for the crew. Just make a egg,sausage and cheese pie kinda of. Hope it turns out good. First time trying it.

Happy Labor Day to all! Hope you all are going to have fun and maybe grill out.

Talk to you soon.

Hiii and good almost afternoon to you all! What plans do you all have for labor day today... Im staying in, having grilled foods later, hopefully dd and son in law to be will come over for the eats, and I don't know, not much of anything else, but being lazy! DD and her intended, were here the other evening, she LOVED the back splash, which by the way, is no completely up, only one small area still drying, and then he will grout it, and I can put stuff back on the counters, yay!!

oh, ANgel, I don't talk about my experiences with ghosts, nor my eye witness account of UFO's, lol, I don't even like to think about it. It was a summer evening, I was 18,and

just kidding, I am NOT telling this story, lol

A once in a lifetime experience though, for both, I am sure hoping!! 

My dd has a bit of the gift however and very intuitive and sensitive to lets say, other worldly things,  and believes when younger, she crossed into a different dimension somehow, her and a freind, in a cornfield... She thinks as she can only recall, a portal, for lack of a better word appeared, opened, and they both went in. There is much more to the story, but it is her story, not mine, so I won't say anymore about it....We did however go back, to look for what they had experienced,  and never found a thing.

you know, sometime I will have her put that down on paper, it was very strange, and she and her friend both, were adament about it , and besides at that age, I could see the fear in their eyes when they told us the story.

I don't like to be reminded of those three experiences much, it's normal to fear the unknown I guess, and I fear it greatly!

Well Katie's Memory Lane is now closing for the holiday. If you would please gather your lucky charms, and candles, and exit quietly  by the back door please in single file.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, know what,Maria,  I JUST read your post of earlier, and it's a good idea for a thread, entitled Memory Lane, where everyone could put down some memories of whatever they wanted......Could be childhood, happy, sad, or ghostly, or dreams they have had, wow, how interesting would that be, do you all think  some thread like that would be fun??? Ill start one for us all, for anyone, if you all think it's a good idea!!!!!!! lemme know, pm works for me! :yes  :ghug

I agree with you that some experiences are better left unsaid. I'm intrigued now, though! lol

I love your idea of a memory lane. I second the motion!

Becca, those kittens are so adorable! I'm glad that they're all fine now. I tried a couple of squares with ww yarn. As I expected, I had to modify the squares for size. I'm trying a couple in DK today.

I have no plans for today. I am crocheting a little but mostly working.

Happy Labor Day to those of us in the U.S., and Happy Monday to our international friends :hug

Working? Noooo! Katie, I'm sure our craft stores around here are open. I know because yesterday I tossed a coupon from Joann's that was good through today. I hated to do it! But I knew I wasn't going to make it up there yesterday and I refuse to contribute to them making their employees work on LABOR DAY.... Other holidays bug me too (Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's, etc.) but there really just is something excessively galling about making people come to work on a day that's meant to celebrate the worker!

I've been seriously thinking about starting a Change.org petition for next year, aimed at the CEOs of various of the big box stores, and encouraging a shopping boycott for the day. (I'd LOVE to do the same for Black Friday, but I know too many shoppers love the craziness of those days >_<). You're going to make your employees work on Labor Day? Fine, we're not going to buy anything from you on Labor Day. Make it pointless for them to be open. </grump>

I just have not been in a crocheting mood lately, except for wanting to work on my rainbow-ghan, which I currently can't do because the hook is missing - again! I didn't even have this one out of the package for 24 hours yet, either. Somewhere in this house are at least four I-9 hooks and I can't lay my hands on a single one of them.

We had our Labor Day picnic last night; Grana came up and we had hot dogs and corn on the cob and pasta salad. It was very nice. And today we finished our Lego space shuttle set! Little guy was very happy to finally see it all together! Hope everybody else is having a good day today!

Hey Guys!

Idk if anyone has view my charities blog or not but if you have you would see that we have a goal 500 squares received before Oct.25th so we can get blankets out for thanksgiving and Christmas. I was just hoping some of yall could help. (I don't expect for yall to do a 500 just a couple from each of you would work and also if you could like our Facebook page so the word can get out?.)

Thank You

( OH and Congrats to The New Queen!)

your on the list yarnoverforlove, now we can only wait and see who jumps to fill the square spaces, lol I will have a puffy going out to you this coming week, of the 5 inch squares y ou said you will accept and make them into sixers, and a few more in there to boot, I think about 14 is heading your way this coming week, I will post, when I post them at the post office, he he.....

Viking, how is vikette today, still improoving... I don't know anyone with night terrors, so you may be correct, I don't know what they are like.

And, yeah, working on labor day is the choice a lot of people make, as they get another day off in most places to make up for it. I worked for the county, and then the state, or was that the state then the county, ha ha, anyway, we got all holidays off, and then some, so i don't know what that would be like, but my dd, worked yesterday instead of today, soooo it's a give or take deal i think....

Maria, you put the idea in my head so if you want to start it, tht's fine, unless you don't, then I will, or might, depending on the interest. he he he..

Rather a nice day today, not too hot or cold, or windy, or cloudy, or rainy, or or or, this is nebraska , remember, lol if you don't like the weather here, just wait a few minutes, it'll change, ha ha ha...

Internet provider was down for a bit, it's happening more often, and for longer periods, I have never had this much trouble with both phone and internet when it was qwest, but change it to centruy link, and I get all this all the time........humrph....Im thinking of calling tomorrow, and getting switched over to our cable com. Cox.....I can bundle, and maybe get a better price, but my worry, is for how long then before you raise that on me too, cause cox goes up I swear every month...rant over.....lol

Oh, so I played Zuma, daughter got that for me a long time ago, and boy, am i outta practice, lol she put it on my computer, so you don't need the internet to play it, I can't pass level 9, round 3, that is as far as I ever get.....sigh........wonder what is on level 10-5???    probaly a million dollars, or a diamond ring......oh well, Ill never know............oh, sprained my darn left pinky, sigh....good thing I can still crochet huh!!

Hello lovely squares

Late at night here and not feeling sleepy... Haven't had an insomnia episode for a while now but I think this might be one of those nights. Oh well, more time for crochet!

I've been playing around with designing some of my own square patterns, and am very pleased our very own granniannie has agreed to test my first properly written down square pattern for me :)

I'm also working on a couple of blankets for a friends niece and nephew, which I hope to have finished this week sometime.

A friends parents have given me some lovely apples from their garden, so I'm going to make a crumble for when my dad visits this week. Baking is really not my forte so a crumble is about my limit!

Oh and my lovely brother has ordered a book for me as an early birthday present, I'm very excited as its a Maragret Atwood (my most favourite author) and is the third in a series I've loved. It's not been released here yet so have to wait a whole week for it... I'm impatient for it already!

And to our dear queen I have a question... I only have purple yarns in Dk weight at the moment, which is 8-ply, but I was wondering, if I use it with a 4-ply yarn and hold 2 strands together this should make 12-ply and hopefully be more like your ww yarn - would that work? Just a thought!

Later squares! X

I have nine dogs, and they all love yarn as though they were cats ( idk if that's a stereotype or not) but they love it. I just found my 6 week old rescue at the bottom of my yarn stash sleeping. It was too cute I had to take like six photos. Anyone else have little animals helpers?

I have nine dogs, and they all love yarn as though they were cats ( idk if that's a stereotype or not) but they love it. I just found my 6 week old rescue at the bottom of my yarn stash sleeping. It was too cute I had to take like six photos. Anyone else have little animals helpers?

Oh how cute! Cn we see a pic, pretty please?!

I have 3 cats who just love to try and get hold of my stash, and one of them has 4 4-week old kittens... Heaven help me when they start exploring more and come across my stash! My dog billy is pretty good with yarn, unless he finds a ball on the floor which he then picks up and runs off with!

I have 3 cats who just love to try and get hold of my stash, and one of them has 4 4-week old kittens... Heaven help me when they start exploring more and come across my stash! My dog billy is pretty good with yarn, unless he finds a ball on the floor which he then picks up and runs off with!

I wish I could have cats I love them but My's but my dogs hate them.. so we cant have any:-( Good luck with those for kittens lol they are going to give you a run for your money lol. My dogs know they can not bite or scratch but they can touch an feel. They love it : -)

Hi everybody! Good news for the wonderful person who sent me the squares. (Katy?) They arrived yesterday.  I love them. They are beautiful! I especially love the one that you did with the three colors.  No, I haven't had enough time to look at each of them and right now I don't have any way to post pictures, but I will let you know each color and color combination and when I can I will get a camera so that I can post pictures here. 

Also yesterday, I got what should have been some good news. My brother bought me a new recliner to replace the one I had gotten from Mama after Daddy passed away in 1997. This recliner had at long last worn out and it was unsaveable (sp) and since I don't have unlimited funds, my brother bought me this very nice recliner that I like very much except for just one thing.  I cannot unlock the footrest and also I cannot lock the footrest and the store won't fix it and so I am (how to say this) stuck with the recliner that I can't use because I can't get out of the chair because the footrest isn't locked so when I start to get up, the footrest kicks me in the back of the legs plus the recliner itself is an inch or two lower than the one I had and this makes it harder to get up.  In fact I almost can't get out of it. I have had to have help getting out of it the times that I sat in it. Twice I had to call the 911 guys and they came and helped me up.  My friend who cleans the house for me was here yesterday and she has a very good idea about what should happen to this recliner. She remembered that the assisted living place here has these types of recliners and so she proposed to me that why didn't I swap the recliner I couldn't use for one of theirs (assisted living place) that I could use and this is what we are going to do. I am waiting for her to bring the chair from there today.  She said that she found a nice brown vinyl one that I could operate the controls on and we are going to get a nice chair cover from Wal-Mart and she will fit it just like a custom cover. Right now, I am sitting in my office chair here. This is the only chair that I have right now that I can get up out of.  How is everybody else getting along?

hope everything went well,and you are able to get into and out of the chair with no problem

Good evening everyone. How is it going?

Today has not been so grand so will leave it at that.

becca can we see an updated pics. Of the kittens? I love seeing the pictures.

Archived