Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello Royal Squares!!

I would like to thank all of you for your well wishes and congratulations for my reign of September.  My first act as queen was to post on Facebook what a wonderful group this is and to encourage people to join up.  Hopefully, I can recruit some new members.

And to our dear queen I have a question... I only have purple yarns in Dk weight at the moment, which is 8-ply, but I was wondering, if I use it with a 4-ply yarn and hold 2 strands together this should make 12-ply and hopefully be more like your ww yarn - would that work? Just a thought!

Too be honest, Becca, I have no idea.  I don't know the difference between dk or ww or baby yarn.  Actually baby yarn is thinner...LOL.  That is all I know.  I don't even know how sport weight figures in all this.  I have seen the charts that show the differences, but they make no sense when I am holding a previously loved skein/ball of yarn in my hand with no wrapper or information on it.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy, I'm still working on it. I can sit down--no problem, but getting up is the thing I have trouble with since this chair is lower than the one I had. My brother today proposed a solution to the problem with the height. I'm just waiting to hear back from him and then there is the footrest that I can't lock/unlock. I told him about that and am waiting to see what he suggests.

It's like the padded envelope we send squares in :) xx

Yep, usually a filled to the brim manilla 9 by 12 envelope!!

I wish I could have cats I love them but My's but my dogs hate them.. so we cant have any:-( Good luck with those for kittens lol they are going to give you a run for your money lol. My dogs know they can not bite or scratch but they can touch an feel. They love it : -)

I do have two cats, and a doggie, and the only one that has ANY interest in my yarn, Is my max.....sigh, see profile pic, he is adorable, but such a yarn baby sometimes!! I pm'd you a link to some board help on uploading pics, here is that link, i hope this helps answer some questions for you...

http://www.crochetville.com/community/forum/31-board-help/page-2?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all

ok maria, i will if there is enough interest in it.....

You do it, Katy. It is your idea; I only accidentally inspired it. It's only right that you bring it forth. I have no aptitude nor patience, lol.

Katy, I'm still working on it. I can sit down--no problem, but getting up is the thing I have trouble with since this chair is lower than the one I had. My brother today proposed a solution to the problem with the height. I'm just waiting to hear back from him and then there is the footrest that I can't lock/unlock. I told him about that and am waiting to see what he suggests.

oh hec, hope you can work things out, does rusty try to go under it, i can' t have recliners, I have max, lol    he would get killed under there!

Good morning Kuddles.   since i can't beat you in the am,  Ill pre-empt it to this evening, lol

and hello Queen Honex.... i don't know much about dk, either, but from wht i have heard, two strands of that, is similar to what we call ww 4 ply......so just use two dk yarns held together, it should come out like the two strands of baby yarn squares I sent you becca...That's my understanding anyway, but for more info for the two of you, you should pm skoggy, she knows better than me......thanks.

Good morning owlvamp! Ya beat me!

Hi Katy! It's okay you aren't up as early as me....who really wants to be up at 5:20 am! Not me!

Kiddles and I had a great long weekend! Sorry to be going back to work but that's how I pay the bills so guess I will!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Afternoon squares! 

Hmmm I think I will do some experimenting to see what I can come up with for our September Queen! 

I'm still very sad that Owlvamp's squares have not arrived :( I fear they may be lost forever in the postal system :( 

Today I have been busy for the first time in a long time. I'm looking in to undertaking further study and how to become a Research Nurse. At last I am looking to the future and beginning to have hope again :)

And now I've had enough of researching/making phonecalls and making web enquiries... so I'm going to sit back and relax with some crochet!

Hope you're all having a lovely Tuesday x

Hey Guys!

Idk if anyone has view my charities blog or not but if you have you would see that we have a goal 500 squares received before Oct.25th so we can get blankets out for thanksgiving and Christmas. I was just hoping some of yall could help. (I don't expect for yall to do a 500 just a couple from each of you would work and also if you could like our Facebook page so the word can get out?.)

Thank You

I did find the squares,tucking ends,I will stuff the largest puffy I can find, If I remember right,they hold about 50- 6 inch squares

I used to send them out regulary to someone in Ohio that made blankets for foster kids,thats how I know about how many fit in a puffy

( OH and Congrats to The New Queen!)

Thank You

I did find the squares,tucking ends,I will stuff the largest puffy I can find, If I remember right,they hold about 50- 6 inch squares

I used to send them out regulary to someone in Ohio that made blankets for foster kids,thats how I know about how many fit in a puffy

( OH and Congrats to The New Queen!)

Thank You!!!

Guess what becca?

The puffy finally arrived today. It was here after I got back from the hospital. Thank you so much I will post pictures later. I'm really exhausted from today but feel a tad better to. The squares are beautiful. The buttons to. Thanks becca.

Good night all.

Tomorrow I go to the hospital to make sure all is well and get blood drawn.OUCH!

So going to try to get some sleep.

How'd the appt go sandra, hope all is going along at a healing pace...

owlvamp,

your puffy will go out tomorrow,its all packed up,the bags must be getting smaller or I got the wrong one,cause I had the hardest time getting them in there,even had to roll a few

wowZers Linda, cool beans, and we havent heard from Rene' for a long time on the board, tell her hi, and hope she comes and visits soon, will ya!

Good morning owlvamp! Ya beat me!

Hi Katy! It's okay you aren't up as early as me....who really wants to be up at 5:20 am! Not me!

Kiddles and I had a great long weekend! Sorry to be going back to work but that's how I pay the bills so guess I will!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

wow, you And owlamp are early risers!!!

Good Morning everyone. Hope all is ok. Doing ok here. Just wanted to pop in real quick let you know i am still around lol.

Hi ya, good to see your post~~

Afternoon squares! 

Hmmm I think I will do some experimenting to see what I can come up with for our September Queen! 

I'm still very sad that Owlvamp's squares have not arrived :( I fear they may be lost forever in the postal system :(

Today I have been busy for the first time in a long time. I'm looking in to undertaking further study and how to become a Research Nurse. At last I am looking to the future and beginning to have hope again :)

And now I've had enough of researching/making phonecalls and making web enquiries... so I'm going to sit back and relax with some crochet!

Hope you're all having a lovely Tuesday x

now you are getting on track, congratz!!!!

Guess what becca?

The puffy finally arrived today. It was here after I got back from the hospital. Thank you so much I will post pictures later. I'm really exhausted from today but feel a tad better to. The squares are beautiful. The buttons to. Thanks becca.

Ohhhh wait'll she hears!! That is great news, hope to see pics soon, thanks for posting that sandra~~ gives us all hope that even though it may take longer, we can still reach our friends across the pond~~

well in other news, ha ha, the day started out a bit rough, felt sick for most of the morning, like every second I was going to you know, spill my cookies . My head hurt, and I ws liight headed and well, just not a nice way to wake up..... I managed about 8 to eat one piece of toast, and a sip of water, took a couple advils, and went back to bed. Got up in about 2 hours, after resting, but not really sleeping, headache was easing up, but still a bit of an upset tummy, had a small bit of apple sauce, and a little more water. Eventually went back to bed to watch some tv anyway if not sleep, and this time, when I got up , I seem better. Don't know what brought that on, we both ate the same things yesterda, so......I dunno!! better now, gonna try to eat a bit later on for supper, handymandan is going to make scalloped potatoes and the rest of a ham we had earlier this past week. so, ......that's it for now, talk to you all later, hope everyone has some good news in their day, catch up later!!

I'm back from the hospital and I have graduated to soft foods now. Everything is healing the way it should and left side was a tad better this morning I was able to tie my own shoe.LOL my thumb is not hurting as bad today either. So just maybe I'm seeing the light at the tunnel. I still get dizzy when I stand to lone and they said it will pass. I hope soon.

But over all a really good visit .

Actually I'm up every morning between 4 and 5 I hear hubby get up and usually fall back to sleep. But not this morning.

Need to go shopping but I will put it off and wait the week end I tHink. I'm exhausted right now from the long day. So I'm sitting and resting for a little while.

Guess what becca?

Ohhhh wait'll she hears!! That is great news, hope to see pics soon, thanks for posting that sandra~~ gives us all hope that even though it may take longer, we can still reach our friends across the pond~~

Thank you again becca. I love the way they feel too. Here's the blocks. They are beautiful1

WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!! 

:cheer  :cheer  :cheer  :cheer  :cheer  :cheer 

I'm sooooooooo happy they finally are at home with our August Queen, I'd almost given up hope! 

Archived