Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Here are some pretties to look at......kitties in a row scarf I made for kiddles, turtle tote (zip top with pockets) I sold to a gal at work to give as a gift and yes I did the embroidery, and then there is the purse I made for my BFF in FL, again with the embroidered turtle.....enjoy!

post-17419-0-46461100-1378579454_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-12332400-1378579464_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-46209800-1378579507_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got some crochet time in yesterday and today

current queen's squares-done

person wanting pastels 1 done so far,other colors awaiting their turn on the hook

person wanting red,grey,black and red,colors gathered

up to 30 of 50 squares,could say coming into the home stretch

Hi all,

Spent the day with grandsons. I just went and visited them and bought one a football for his birthday I missed because of surgery.

Had a good time with them and shot the bee bee guns and played cards. It was sad when it was time to leave. But over all had a wonderful visit.

Love the purses kuddles and the scarf. That is a stitch I want to learn.

well nice eye candy kuddles, lol love them all so much, you are just so full of talent, sheesh......

hi mandy, apples, yumm, I see pies in your future!!

Pineknot you are a machine!!!!!!! My gosh woman, lol you sure must work furious and fast, i envy that, sometimes, i think it takes me forever to use up a skein of yarn, and then thinking about  how many more,,,,,waiting for their chance to Become Something, it is just daunting.... Good job Linda!

Owlvamp, Im so glad you got to see the boys, they certainly need to see you too, Im sure a good visit was had by all! That might do wonders, too, for your healing!!

Who else did I miss, ann, still with us, and viking, haven't seen her for a while, nor snowflake still, or Our Royal Queen of Yarn Hill,,,,, lol           I think all have recieved that i sent, haven't yet heard from one, but honex, and kuddles, and owlyvamp have checked in when they came, I don't remember right now, who im missing.....hummmm.

well have had a bowl of green grapes, boy they were good, for my snack tonight, and took/cleaned the shower, i got some Mr Clean erasers, and some soft scrub, and the hard water we have here makes such a mess, but I cleaned as much as i felt like it tonight, big back wall of shower enclosure, and one side, and about half the tub, then I just petered out, and turned on the shower to rinse, throwing my clothes out as I went, lol rinsed the walls, then took my shower, I will finish tomorrow, in my next shower, the rest of the enclosure,and tub, I was pleased with the erasers, and the soft scrub, way less elbow grease needed!

i went to the dollar store too, but I wasn't able to get any dollars! They were out, I guess. darn it!    

I get stuff like foam plates for the pets to eat from, and paper towels, some cleaners, etc , so it all worked out despite they were out of dollars!

well nice eye candy kuddles, lol love them all so much, you are just so full of talent, sheesh......

Ditto....

Pineknot you are a machine!!!!!!! My gosh woman, lol you sure must work furious and fast, i envy that, sometimes,

I thought the same thing, how do you people do all that you do?  Do you never sleep?  Eat?

Owlvamp, Im so glad you got to see the boys, they certainly need to see you too, Im sure a good visit was had by all! That might do wonders, too, for your healing!!

So glad that you got to see the boys.  

, and took/cleaned the shower, i got some Mr Clean erasers, and some soft scrub, and the hard water we have here makes such a mess, but I cleaned as much as i felt like it tonight, big back wall of shower enclosure, and one side, and about half the tub, then I just petered out, and turned on the shower to rinse, throwing my clothes out as I went, lol rinsed the walls, then took my shower, I will finish tomorrow, in my next shower, the rest of the enclosure,and tub, I was pleased with the erasers, and the soft scrub, way less elbow grease needed!

HA!  Great minds think alike.  Had an apartment inspection today, so yesterday I attempted to clean the tub and shower.  Got naked and scrubbed like mad.  Tiring work for sure,but at least I killed two birds with one stone.  i'll have to try those magic eraser thingys

i went to the dollar store too, but I wasn't able to get any dollars! They were out, I guess. darn it!    

Yup, my dollar store has them on back-order....LOL

I get stuff like foam plates for the pets to eat from, and paper towels, some cleaners, etc , so it all worked out despite they were out of dollars!

I am on food stamps, so I do most of my grocery shopping there.  Makes those dollars go farther.

Another Happy Day!!

Today, a package from bgs (Brenda).  Inside the puffy was a lot of purply goodness.  I received FOUR purple granny squares.  They each had a sku/barcode label like you see in the stores that list the price.  Instead it said, "Made just for you, because you're PRICELESS.  Loved it.  I also received a hand towel with a purple crocheted topper.  The topper is made in such a way that when one towel gets dirty, I can change out the towel with the same topper.  Last, but not least I received one of those ripple scarves (purple of course) that are so popular right now.  It's gorgeous.

Thank you very, very much for spoiling me!

Thanks gals for your kind words on my totes/scarf!

Kiddles is  better, so that is good.....

Today in Chi Town, it will be less hot and less humid so that's good! Before the big warm up on Tuesday, possibly 95! Yikes!

Not sure what is on tap today, too early to decide!

Have a great day all!

Kuddles

I am once again soooooooo far behind I will never catch up.  :shrug But the week of wedding fun and a Disney trip was wonderful! :yay  Now I'm hme with a large suitcase full of laundry and feeling tired, so today will be laundry and crocheting before I have to go back to the real world of work tomorrow. :sigh

Have a great day everyone!

YESTERDAY....What a day, what a day !!!!  Daughter picked me up for shopping and we went to Sam's Club...No riding cart for me, now that surgery has completely healed...Walked for what seemed miles as daughter looked and picked what she wanted/needed...Finally as checkout line was sooo long  I sat down near EXIT door and waited for what seemed an eternity...(I didn't get anything)....Loaded up the car and then off to next stop ALDI's...Walked, looked, picked out a few things amongst which was zucchini (it was less than Summer squash)...Then off to daughter's so she could put away all her goodies...Had a cooling glass of Fit&Active Mango Tropical Drink (an ALDI product) while re-grouping and storing groceries...Then off we went for lunch at Urban Grill...This was our first visit there...A fabulous barbeque place...soooo delicious...They smoke their own meats...I had pulled pork, mac and cheese and fresh green beans with cornbread...Daughter had a pulled pork - beef brisket combo with mac and cheese, coleslaw and garlic bread....Absolutely delicious...Definitely going back...Next stop Albertson's where daughter got a real deal on the protein drink mix that she likes and I got ingredients to make DIY coffee creamer (thought I'd see if it was cost effective)...My, oh my is pure vanilla extract and pure almond extract expensive....so much $$$ for so little product...At least now I have it ...On our way back to daughter's we stopped at HSN Outlet...They had been closed for several months during remodeling and new stocking....I must say they did a beautiful job...They even have a display window at the front of the store now....Once again I am walking for miles as daughter shops...At this point my back and hips were bothering me and I was not in a shopping mood...I sat down in shoe section as daughter tried on the items she had picked...I can always be found in the shoe section...There is just something about the smell of leather I love...I think it brings back childhood memories of horses, stables and riding....Very comforting....Really pooped now, back at daughter's with a full stomach we decided to watch Netflix...The movie was "6 Souls"...good movie, dark and disturbing...I was returned home around 8:30PM....Although exhausted I watched a few hours of TV then called it a night...Soooo how did I sleep ??? The question would be better put how did I not sleep !!!  Really rough restless night...Guess I was just too tired and achy...after popping a pill at 3AM I was finally able to slow down my brain enough to sleep...

Today is a beautiful day...No shopping for me today...think I'll just vegetate and crochet...Oh yes...I did finally finish my grandson's afghan...His birthday is 9/15 so will take it to him on Saturday...Now I have started another afghan, one for my son...I'm shooting for a Christmas deadline....We'll see.....Have a great Sunday...God Bless you all !!!!

Wow Estée you sure had an eventful day. I would be so tired of shopping I think I would of fell down.

But you were a champ and made it to the end. Good for you.

Hello lovely Squares! 

Wow you have all been busy! Estee with all her shopping, Pineknott with all her crochet, Owlvamp visiting the grandsons and Kuddles with making gorgeous things! 

I've finished the blanket for my friend's nephew, and am about half way through the one for the same friend's niece. 

I also got a lovely surprise gift from my OH's sister yesterday - a cross-stitch kit! I've been wanting to try it for ages, haven't done it since I was at primary school! 

My Dad is finally coming for the day tomorrow, as he wasn't well last week so he had to postpone. Am going to make a quiche for us to have for lunch. 

I've been playing with the kittens too, can't believe they were 5 weeks old yesterday! They are sooooo cute! 

So keeping busy in general, and have even started considering going back to work, I hope I will be well enough soon. Not bad considering a few weeks ago I seriously thought I might not ever be able to face nursing again. But I am starting to think I shouldn't let one very bad experience ruin what I worked so hard to achieve :) 

Oh and one of my favourite authors released a new book last week and my brother sent it to me as an early birthday present. I'm usually an avid book worm and read around 60 books a year, but the last few weeks my head just hasn't been in the right place ot be able to read. But now I have the perfect excuse to get back into it. 

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! 

Whew, some of you have been super busy!

We've had two walks today (one with Lucky) and went to Red Robin for lunch cause I got a BD 'gift' from them of a free burger. So just bought Kiddles....good deal!

She's playing with her Legos, Lucky is laying beside me at the computer and just checking in with my Squares!

Have a good nite!

kuddles

yay, everyone seems to be having a grand weekend, estee shopping, and daughter, Kuddles lunching and daughter, pineknot, flying through those squares, owlvamp with grandsons, becca, kittens, and books and cute flower by the way, my oh my, who'd I forget, lol sometimes, I mean to comment on so many things, and then forget half of them, and most are too big to quote without taking up the whole thread, lol Hope I got everyone, if  nt forgive please.....

didn't even go out yet today, and the day is into evening now almost,,,,sheesh, just didn't feel like facing the heat, even though the car is air conditioned, the store would be, well, walmart is never cool in that dang store, but other than that, I guess I didn't want to overheat ha ha....Did some crossword puzzles, some I fly through, some I have to really think on, lol it all evens out...

No crocheting yet today though, what's up with that....keeping busy doing things that need to be done, I guess, plenty of evening for the hookie!! You all have a grand and glorious evening, and oh bother, it's a monday tomorrow, ha ha ha, for those of you that have to go back to work, have a great day, and everyone else too!

ooooh, just discovered a l ist on here of the top twenty posters today!! Much to my sheer delight, 8 out of the twenty,,,

BELONG TO THIS THREAD WOOOOOOOdilly HOOOOOOODILLY!! Great going people, keep posting, we will we will rock them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!  I disappear for a while, and everything has changed!!!  What did I miss?!  I know there are a LOT of pages I should go thru, but I don't think there is enough time during a day to do this!  Welcome to any new members that have come in the last three to four weeks (I think it's been that long, maybe longer!).  

A lot has happened for me lately.  I no longer work from home, I started working at a lawfirm here in Hammond, just started last week.  I hadn't crocheted in a few weeks, but am working on my Christmas presents again.  Need to get everything done within the next several months before I go to INdiana.  Once I get these done, will get back to making squares.  

I pray everyone is getting lots of squares, that the friendshipghans are coming along!  Hope everyone has a great week coming up!  Be blessed

Hi snowflake, just was thinking about you earlier today, and there you are!! Great on getting the new job, and all is well, i trust in the new place too.??     Nice to see your post again!!

Night owlvamp, have a restful night tonight!!

and good morning Ms Kuddles, how was your weekend???

Hi everyone!  Well I just don't now how I'm going to catch up on here, so much chatter, lol.  It's great to see it so busy though.  I'm hanging in there, taking it day by day.  I don't have much energy and get confused easily so bare with me if I say something that sounds silly, lol.

Kuddles, loved your scarf and bags!  Good to see that Kiddles is feeling better and also that you had a good birthday.  Too bad about work, but hang in there, hopefully things will work out. :hug

Owlvamp, I'm so glad that you got to spend some time with the boys.  I hope you are feeling better.

Estee, whoa!  I thought that I liked to shop, but you've got me beat by a long shot, lol.

Pineknott, keep those hooks a flyin'!

Katy, sounds like your kitchen is finished?  Woot!

Becca, wow the kittens are 5 weeks already!  Seems like they were just born.  Have a nice visit with your dad.  What book did you get

Well, I know there was more I wanted to say but the memory is failing me so I'll end here for now.  Have a great day all!

Here are some pretties to look at......kitties in a row scarf I made for kiddles, turtle tote (zip top with pockets) I sold to a gal at work to give as a gift and yes I did the embroidery, and then there is the purse I made for my BFF in FL, again with the embroidered turtle.....enjoy!

Omg...that kittie scarf is adorable. Did you make the pattern yourself or did you find it somewhere? I would love to make one!

I am up for Tank threw up so needed to clean that. Husband is up for work and getting ready.

I am going back to bed for a few till daughter needs to go to school. Night all!

Archived