Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi gang!  Well, I'm back home already!  They got my potassium back up to where it should be and shipped me out the door.  And yes, someone asked if it was because of the insurance and it is.  I am still not able to get TPN, so no nutrition.  I think it was owlvamp that asked if I could eat potassium rich foods...I am not able to hold down much of anything.  My gastric system is extremely slowed.  What takes a "normal" person to digest in 60 minutes, I take 10 + hours.  I have a feeding tube, but a few months ago my body stopped tolerating the formulas too, I've tried several kinds, so nope, no potassium.  I lost over 100 lbs and was in a fast declining spiral when my dr put me on TPN.  I finally felt better than I had in months and even gained 25 lbs.  I managed to stay out of the hospital the whole time I was on it too.  Stupid insurance, it just doesn't make sense.  Sorry for my rant, I just needed to get it out.  On to more pleasant things!

Owlvamp, I believe I saw some lovely squares!  how wonderful!  I hope you are starting to feel better.  I've been thinking of you.

Is Kiddles sick?  I hope she feels better soon (((hugs)))

Kuddles,  Happy Birthday :cake Hope you get a great big slice of cake and some ice cream!!!

Becca, I love fall too, not so much all the allergens, but the cool crisp weather and the leaves changing color.  It's so pretty.  And it just doesn't feel like Christmas unless we have at least a touch of snow.  Way back in the late 70's (giving away my age, lol) I was living on the west coast (Oregon) and I had my then husband drive us up Mt Hood so we could see snow for Christmas.  We saw more snow than we had ever seen in our lives!  the snow was like 10 feet deep! :lol  Oh, I was also 6 months pregnant and we drove a Ford Bronco.  Not a pleasant drive.  I thought I was going to have the baby on that trip, lol.

ok, I need to go back and see what I've missed.  We have a new queen don't we?  Take care everyone.  As you can probably tell I'm still a bit light headed and not thinking clearly. so off I go.  I'll be back later.  Hugs to all...

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi gang!  Well, I'm back home already!  They got my potassium back up to where it should be and shipped me out the door.  And yes, someone asked if it was because of the insurance and it is.  I am still not able to get TPN, so no nutrition.  I think it was owlvamp that asked if I could eat potassium rich foods...I am not able to hold down much of anything.  My gastric system is extremely slowed.  What takes a "normal" person to digest in 60 minutes, I take 10 + hours.  I have a feeding tube, but a few months ago my body stopped tolerating the formulas too, I've tried several kinds, so nope, no potassium.  I lost over 100 lbs and was in a fast declining spiral when my dr put me on TPN.  I finally felt better than I had in months and even gained 25 lbs.  I managed to stay out of the hospital the whole time I was on it too.  Stupid insurance, it just doesn't make sense.  Sorry for my rant, I just needed to get it out.  On to more pleasant things!

Owlvamp, I believe I saw some lovely squares!  how wonderful!  I hope you are starting to feel better.  I've been thinking of you.

Kuddles,  Happy Birthday :cake Hope you get a great big slice of cake and some ice cream!!!

Becca, I love fall too, not so much all the allergens, but the cool crisp weather and the leaves changing color.  It's so pretty.  And it just doesn't feel like Christmas unless we have at least a touch of snow.  Way back in the late 70's (giving away my age, lol) I was living on the west coast (Oregon) and I had my then husband drive us up Mt Hood so we could see snow for Christmas.  We saw more snow than we had ever seen in our lives!  the snow was like 10 feet deep! :lol  Oh, I was also 6 months pregnant and we drove a Ford Bronco.  Not a pleasant drive.  I thought I was going to have the baby on that trip, lol.

ok, I need to go back and see what I've missed.  We have a new queen don't we?  Take care everyone.  As you can probably tell I'm still a bit light headed and not thinking clearly. so off I go.  I'll be back later.  Hugs to all...

:hug  :hug Glad you are back home.  I was afraid you wound up in the hospital because you weren't receiving what you needed due to the insurance refusing to cover it.  I hope that something can be done to change that. 

The last couple of years I have been on the end of a snowshovel following some 10+ feet of snow.  It was that or be trapped in.  Now I don't like seeing it so much. 

Our new queen is Honex99.

Thanks and glad you are back home!!!

I'm still real,upset. I can't get the boys this weekend. I'm a so tired of her grounding them from me. It's crazy and I was so upset last night that I cried most of the night and didn't sleep well. It is really upsetting and bothering me more than I can tell. I haven't seen them like three weeks now and I was so looking forward to it. I miss them so much and she totally doesn't care. I did tell her this was crazy and she just say they need to be there. The oldest is already having a bad start in school .. Problem with that is she doesn't help them in no way. So he says he doesn't have homework. Won't take his agenda back and forth. Being bad at the babysitters and not doing good on the bus. So all she wants to do is spank him. He has HDHD really bad and can't remember to save your soul. She wants me to talk to him but on the phone.

I told her I can but in person would be better. They still can't come. She caters to the crap she is with and if there is room for the boys then so be it.

It's totally crazy .... It's thrown me off all day... Sorry for unloading. I wasn't going to do it.

Glad you are back home granny. I hope it gets better for you . That is crazy the insurance company is like that.

Hugs!!!!

kuddles

I'm still real,upset. I can't get the boys this weekend. I'm a so tired of her grounding them from me. It's crazy and I was so upset last night that I cried most of the night and didn't sleep well. It is really upsetting and bothering me more than I can tell. I haven't seen them like three weeks now and I was so looking forward to it. I miss them so much and she totally doesn't care. I did tell her this was crazy and she just say they need to be there. The oldest is already having a bad start in school .. Problem with that is she doesn't help them in no way. So he says he doesn't have homework. Won't take his agenda back and forth. Being bad at the babysitters and not doing good on the bus. So all she wants to do is spank him. He has HDHD really bad and can't remember to save your soul. She wants me to talk to him but on the phone.
I told her I can but in person would be better. They still can't come. She caters to the crap she is with and if there is room for the boys then so be it.
It's totally crazy .... It's thrown me off all day... Sorry for unloading. I wasn't going to do it.

Glad you are back home granny. I hope it gets better for you . That is crazy the insurance company is like that.

Happy Birthday, Kuddles!!!  I hope you've eaten to your heart's content.  I hope your day with Kiddles is smooth.  I hope you win the lottery!  :yay

Oh, no!  :hug  I hope the insurance company changes their mind.  We know they could care less about the human component.  They absolutely care about the bottom line, though.  So wouldn't you think that they'd consider that hospitalizations are going to end up costing them more?  If you can, you should get an attorney that knows how to navigate the red tape.  I personally think it's BS that they're denying you what you need.  You might find an attorney that's willing to help you pro bono.

I'm so sorry, owlvamp.  This isn't your daughter, is it?  Whether she's your daughter or not, I hope she decides to send the boys to you.  Hey, she'd be free to do whatever she wants.  That ought to be incentive enough.  I hope you're otherwise feeling stronger physically and in less pain.  

I'm off to play the rest of the day.  I'm being social!  lol

happy Birthday Kuddles!!! an on a friday too, you lucked out!! go OUT,and have some fun!!   

Ann, was worried about you too, i know you didn't feel well, and I hoped you would get yourself in to get some treatments. How will you survive without nutritional fluids, you can't live on water, and potassium if that even....I guess just keep checking in the hosp, till they get the message you need help with this. I dunno, Im so sorry to hear you going through this....

And sandra, first of all, y ou and ms. Kuddles are welcome, glad they arrived, and glad they found their forever homes...

And you too you must not let yourself get so upset, it's not good for 1. you healing process, and 2, your state of mind missy Being upset so much, is hard on your system...I sure hope it all clears up for you and boys soon....

another hot one today, did some errands, mailed off that sashay scarf for my sister, went to the grocery store, and one thrift store, didn't find much, got something to bring home for lunch, and here is where Ive been..

Waiting on one three foot section, to get grouted on the back splash but it is on the other wall around the corner from the sink, so it doesn't hamper using the sinks but everything else is done! He wanted to do the countertops, I said, I like these, and I don't want any more disarray!! lol maybe another lifetime, eh....

So,,sinks, faucet, floor, wall painting, backsplash, what else, uh. lol i think it's all in and done, and Im happy with it all, so I am done, lol Im finding it hard though to find the finishing touches i would like in my blue.. Something like a vase, or a pitcher, or cannisters even in that same blue, but hard to find, I will though, given enough time, lol

All for now, see you all later. we had goulash tonight, so Im sure the stove is a mess, lol         see ya later.

Oh Happy Day!!

:yay  :clap  :cheer  :hi  :applause  :dance  :bounce  :jumpyay

My first Royal Purple Package arrived today.  Thanks to Katy, I have SIX pretty purple squares!!  (Say that 3 times fast...HA!)   I hope you took pictures so that all may see the purple goodness gifted to me.  Thank you very much!!   Can you tell I love purple?

Oh I nearly missed it ----

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kuddles!!!!!  :clap

Owlvamp so sorry to hear of all the problems  :hug

And a big get well soon for Grannyannie too  :hug

Difficult couple of days here, but at least it isn't ever day now :) 

I'm sure I will be back on form soon, until then, hugs and love to all the squares!  :ghug

Good morning Squares! Thank you all for your BD wishes! You are all so sweet!

How did my BD go? Well not the best! Started out finding out the new union contract was voted down (although a secretary, since I work in a school coop, on the same as the teachers) and that is a very bad thing! Stalls the tiny raise I was to get but the health insurance will be going up anyway. I may need to get a second job but where would I put Kiddles? Sigh......as is usually the case, it was just a few rabble rousers that worked up enough people to get the vote to go the wrong way. It's been 25 years since this has happened at the coop. Please pray that this is resolved quickly!

My friend got me a chocolately brownie which was awesome. Ordered the pizza and kiddles and I went to pick it up. The bad news: they cooked the wrong thing so my pizza wouldn't be ready for another half an hour. The good news: a big apology from the owner and the pizza was free, plus he gave me the stuffed pizza they accidentally cooked for me!

This weekend we have no obligations which is good. Stuff needs done around the house.......and some errands. Oh I did finish up a new purse for my BFF in FL and also a tote that I sold to a gal at work. I'll get those pix downloaded and post here. Now I'm starting on my mother's purse for Christmas, which I need to complete and give to her for her visit here in October. I better get going!

Well, better go. Sorry for some complaining, I don't like to do that to you wonderful girls, but you know how it goes, sometimes you just gotta!

Hugs!

kuddles

Kuddle, so sorry to hear about the vote, that doesn't sound like it's gonna help ya finacially, i know when I worked for the state, the gov froze our wages for years in a row, which is one of the reasons i then went to work for the county, same building, diff office, lol So hang in there, things sometimes mysteriously work their way out, through the magic of the universe!!

Oh Happy Day!!

:yay  :clap  :cheer  :hi  :applause  :dance  :bounce  :jumpyay

My first Royal Purple Package arrived today.  Thanks to Katy, I have SIX pretty purple squares!!  (Say that 3 times fast...HA!)   I hope you took pictures so that all may see the purple goodness gifted to me.  Thank you very much!!   Can you tell I love purple?

Oh Honex, so glad you liked them, I had them all packed and ready to go, when I remember, uh oh, forgot to take a pic......so sorry folks, blame me I knew to photo them, just forgot, and was on my way out the door, with a few puffys, so didn't go back in, and open it and photo them, but they were pretty, lol Ill attest to that!! and Your Majesty, is more than welcome, tis a royal subjects duty to please her Queen!!!!!!!

Hey guys! I revived a great donation from someone ( I won't say the name) but I don't know who to thank. So please pm if you sent the squares and skein of Caron 1 pound yarn! Thank you

nope, i just sent squares, you should have them soon though...

I read that Skoggy has a new idea out there, about making at least one square a month for various charities, I am not too sure how it works yet, here is the link to her post,  with more info as noted in her post. thanks, we'll do what we can, sounds like they are still working some things out, but doesn't start till Oct. so they have time, and we have time, check it out, if you can...

What else, umm, oh today is the first sat of the month, so on my way a couple miles away to donate to the homeless shelter truck, got some hats, and gloves and things, so will do that before 2..

Was lucky to find a bunch of newly tagged store bought hats at a thrift store, for like a buck apiece, so bought what they had, to match the gloves I had gotten, and they will be nice sets for them.

Honex got her goodies, did any of the other three I mailed to get them yet... Im afraid of asking the post office guy any more questions than I have to, it's sorta like the  Soup Nazi episode of jerry Seinfield , you just get in line, state your biz, and pay whatever he says, and then get out of line and move on...lol does anyone else know what I am talking about,,,,,,The soup Nazi, lol I have a mail nazi to deal with it seems, lol To be fair, as I always try to be, lol, usually he is alone, trying to keep up, has no help, and such, sooooo probably stresses him out somewhat... Stress = crankiness... Gonna have to bring him some cookies one day, lol A good chocolate chip cookie, goes a long way, towards relieving both stress, and crankiness, lol tried and true!! And for those that can't eat chocolate, (my gosh, I know, but they do exist out there!!) then a good rice crispy bar snack, will accomplish about the same results course less the choco fix.. ....he he he.

Other than that, gonna stay in today, not do much, maybe a few chores, but did laundry yesterday, so that is pretty well done, and maybe Ill vacuum, it's shedding season for pupperdog, she's 2/3 collie, and we KNOW it, every season is shedding season, prettymuch, lol

So hope everyone's day goes way better today, oh we tried out some brunch recipies this am, just one of two of the ideas I had, and I think I will plan on the one I like best, it's kind of my own concoction, that involves, eggs, cheese, sausage, hashbrowns, biscuits, and or a muffin....lol Ill explain it when it is perfected!!!

Ya all have great and glorious day, and if stressed, my new motto is. LQQK to the HQQK for comfort!!!

Or at least, a good choco chip cookie!

Howdy! Thanks Katy, I hope it all works out somehow........in my favor of course!

Scored at a garage sale.....elderly lady moving from a house to a condo, selling all her quilting fabric for $1 a yard! OH MY! I spent 13 yesterday then went back today and bought more! She wasn't selling her batik but opened her tub for me and sold me some for again, $1 a yard! Oh my what a wonderful day! I hope to make a bunch of totes to sell........

Warm today but that's okay!

kuddles

ohhhhhh nice score kuddles!!! I love it when I find things I can actually put to good use~~~~~~ went to a church garage sale yesterday apparently missed out on some yarn they had just sold, not much she said, and that made me feel a BIT better, lol

Still kicking myself in the arse for that one~~~~~~~~~~~ACK......

oK, WELL, going to go and get SOMETHING accomplished today I guess, got a couple new crossword puzzle books, they are huge puzzles, full page, the kind I love to diddle with, lol        have fun all.

Well as of Friday Marching band season Kicks off with an icecream social. then every Saturday we will be somewhere. Rooting our children on. I have one on color guard and 2 on drum line this year.We have a competition every Sat. thru Nov 

I did marching band for all 4 years of high school and 3 years of college. I still miss it--competition weekends were so much fun!!!

I'm sorry if I missed anyone else's posts, it's been a busy week! My sister and I picked apples this morning before it got too hot (she works at an orchard and we get 50% off when we do pick-your-own! No other big plans this weekend, so I'm hoping to get some crocheting done!

Archived