2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

I got most of my yarn today! Gotta love it when the company splits your order into 2 boxes and they don't arrive the same day! I got part of each person's colors today...the rest won't come until Tuesday. I'll post pics when it all gets here.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing all the beautiful color choices everyone else has picked out motivated me to finally figure out my own colors! :clap btw - I love everyone else's picks!

I decided to do both the CAL and the KAL Mystery Afghans. The color choices reflect the colors in my mother's living room. She bought new couches this year and they look naked without a warm, inviting afghan to cuddle with, so she'll be the recipient of both mystery afghans once they're finished.

My color choices are from my Red Heart SS stash (:sofunnyOkay, not really a stash, more like inventory).

For the CAL:

MC- Light Sage

Contrast A- Warm Brown

Contrast B- Hunter Green

Contrast C- Coffee

Contrast D- Claret

For the KAL:

Color A- Light Sage

Color B- Coffee

Color C- Warm Brown

Color D- Dark Sage

Color E- Burgundy

Now, I can't wait for the first clues!

post-57183-135897726795_thumb.jpg

post-57183-135897726799_thumb.jpg

Seeing all the beautiful color choices everyone else has picked out motivated me to finally figure out my own colors! :clap btw - I love everyone else's picks!

I decided to do both the CAL and the KAL Mystery Afghans. The color choices reflect the colors in my mother's living room. She bought new couches this year and they look naked without a warm, inviting afghan to cuddle with, so she'll be the recipient of both mystery afghans once they're finished.

My color choices are from my Red Heart SS stash (:sofunnyOkay, not really a stash, more like inventory).

For the CAL:

MC- Light Sage

Contrast A- Warm Brown

Contrast B- Hunter Green

Contrast C- Coffee

Contrast D- Claret

For the KAL:

Color A- Light Sage

Color B- Coffee

Color C- Warm Brown

Color D- Dark Sage

Color E- Burgundy

Very Pretty!

For the CAL:

MC- Light Sage

Contrast A- Warm Brown

Contrast B- Hunter Green

Contrast C- Coffee

Contrast D- Claret

For the KAL:

Color A- Light Sage

Color B- Coffee

Color C- Warm Brown

Color D- Dark Sage

Color E- Burgundy

Nice color choices!!!!!!

I'm definitely IN!! :cheer I've never done a CAL and this sounds like so much fun!! It will be a great way to use up a big chunk of my stash too!! :) Now time to go pick colors...

Thank you! :hook Hurry up Bernat! We need the first clue! :woo

This yarn is already calling to me! :devil

The waiting is the hard part!!! Still have to decide if I'm going to go with one color- or re-look at my stash when I get home from visiting my DD!:think

This is my first mystery afghan project and I can't wait to start. I ordered the Waverly yarn in Bark, Colonial Beige, Butter and Turtle Green, which should be arriving any day now. I'll use white from my stash as the main color.

I've got my missing color ordered & it should be here in a few days (maybe first of next week). I can't wait to show you all the colors I've chosen. They remind me of spring!

I've got my missing color ordered & it should be here in a few days (maybe first of next week). I can't wait to show you all the colors I've chosen. They remind me of spring!

I can't wait to see them! Spring is my favorite season :D

For the CAL:

MC- Light Sage

Contrast A- Warm Brown

Contrast B- Hunter Green

Contrast C- Coffee

Contrast D- Claret

For the KAL:

Color A- Light Sage

Color B- Coffee

Color C- Warm Brown

Color D- Dark Sage

Color E- Burgundy

I love your color choices :manyheart

I love your color choices :manyheart

Thank you!

By the way, everyone's color choices sound gorgeous! I can't wait for this to begin! Although, once it begins, I'm sure we'll all be even more anxious to see the finished afghans! :clap:cheer:clap

We just can't be satisfied! :P:devil

:hook in hand, ready to :crocheting!

I have my yarn and am patiently (or maybe not) waiting for this to begin! I'm going with pinks and greens with aran as my main color.

I was thinking the same thing!! I was going to do aran as the main, greens, and either pinks or purples. Maybe I'll do purples because you're doing pinks :P

I saw on the Bernat blog that they posted about doing a gauge swatch- both knit and crochet---just sayin' in case anyone wants to check it out.

Have a good day!

Still contemplating whether I'm doing one color or not.....:think:think Final decision will probably come once the first clue is up!!:lol

Guage swatch?!?! Woo!!!!!!!!!!!! It's something to do with the CAL, right?!?

I'm still trying to decide whether I want to do the KAL or not. I'm definitely in on the CAL though. My knitting is so slow, I'd never get that thing done I'm afraid.

Hmm.... :think I couldn't find the guage info. I'll have to do some more peeking later. Thanks for the info, Joanne! :tup

Guage swatch?!?! Woo!!!!!!!!!!!! It's something to do with the CAL, right?!?

I'm still trying to decide whether I want to do the KAL or not. I'm definitely in on the CAL though. My knitting is so slow, I'd never get that thing done I'm afraid.

Hmm.... :think I couldn't find the guage info. I'll have to do some more peeking later. Thanks for the info, Joanne! :tup

It's on this page of the Bernat forum:

http://www.bernat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=951&hilit=gauge+swatch&start=10

With an "H" hook 12 dc and 7 rows should be 4". :D

It's on this page of the Bernat forum:

http://www.bernat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=951&hilit=gauge+swatch&start=10

With an "H" hook 12 dc and 7 rows should be 4". :D

Thank you! :yay No wonder I couldn't find it. I figured it would have been in its own thread not buried in among a bunch of stuff.

I also quickly looking for a search function, but didn't see it right away. I was kind of in a hurry. :blush

I am going to do this,but I still need to make up my mind about the colors and I am thinking of using encore because I can get that at my local store. Has anyone used the waverly yarn? How does it work up?

Archived