2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just tried again and it let me apply the gift card, but when I hit place order I get "there was an error placing the order". Ahhhh!!!!!!!!

That would be driving me nuts! Have you checked the balance of the gift card to make sure that it is still there after that? It would be awful if your order didn't go through but it still took the funds off the gift card ykwim?

That would be driving me nuts! Have you checked the balance of the gift card to make sure that it is still there after that? It would be awful if your order didn't go through but it still took the funds off the gift card ykwim?

Yeah, I double checked that because I had the same thought. I'll call them later. Hopefully they'll just do it over the phone. If not, I'm not going to buy the yarn from them for principle alone. :P

Finally! Order placed! :tup

I ordered Vanna's Choice since it was on sale. Even with the shorter yardage, it's cheaper than going with the Waverly. Here are my colors -

Vanna's Choice Yarn-Taupe

Vanna's Choice Yarn-Chocolate

Vanna's Choice Yarn-Scarlet

Vanna's Choice Yarn-Colonial Blue

Vanna's Choice Yarn-Honey

I'll post pictures for you all when it arrives. :hook

I think I will use these colors-- jeweltones from my stash :hook

I love your choices :manyheart

I ordered Vanna's Choice since it was on sale. Even with the shorter yardage, it's cheaper than going with the Waverly. Here are my colors -

:yay:clap:cheer:bounce I'm glad you got it all figured out

Can you call customer service and order on the phone? Then use your gift card.

Just tried again and it let me apply the gift card, but when I hit place order I get "there was an error placing the order". Ahhhh!!!!!!!!

Glad it worked and I love the colors!!!!

Trouble with this CAL is the wait, the yarn is in a bag but I hear it calling to me-- :devil

Working on scarves for charity in the meantime, but I may have to stuff the CAL yarn in a closet out of sight :P

I agree. At least my yarn isn't here yet. That would be killer! :lol

My yarn came yesterday. I'm not the best at choosing colors, and sometimes things look different online than they do in person, but I think I'm happy with what I chose. Now I need to keep myself busy in the mean time.

post-41133-135897726183_thumb.jpg

:clap for finally getting the order placed!!! The colors are great!! I do like Vanna's and am now starting to second guess my decision to go with one color....there is just too much time between picking yarn colors and the start of the CAL:lol

My yarn came yesterday. I'm not the best at choosing colors, and sometimes things look different online than they do in person, but I think I'm happy with what I chose. Now I need to keep myself busy in the mean time.

I like your color choices!!

I'm going to try and finish a RR and a baby blanket that I'm working on before the CAL--but I've been so busy at work, I hardly have time to crochet--but I think we have almost a month yet, so I should be ok!:think

I love 'em!!!

:clap for finally getting the order placed!!! The colors are great!! I do like Vanna's and am now starting to second guess my decision to go with one color....there is just too much time between picking yarn colors and the start of the CAL:lol

Vanna's Choice is my favorite yarn for afghans and such. I love LYS type yarns, but I usually make wearables with that sort of thing. I'm rambling...sorry. :P Waverly is very similar to Vanna's Choice. I got the VC because it was on sale and the other wasn't. I haven't actually used Waverly, but I bought some for a swap partner once. It felt pretty darn close to VC.

Great colors!

Love your colors :manyheart

I think I will use these colors-- jeweltones from my stash :hook

Those are really pretty! I love those colors!

Yay!!!:clap

I think those colors will make a beautiful afghan. :)

Archived