Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

:cheer:cheer:cheerHi Ladies:

I got some great surprising news for you all.... I am on cloud 9 :c9:c9

I am the proud owner and recipient of the Daisy's afghan that Dorothy made and showed photos of it here....

Wow i cant beleive how beautiful it is in person...

Its awesome and lovely and so soft and warm....

Thank you sooooo much Dorothy for such lovely gift and for your friendship as well..

God bless your kind heart

hugs

Lillibet

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh MooMoo/Lillibet, how exciting. What a blessing you have received. :hug:manyheart

I am on the last round of my over sized lapghan. :yay:woo:yay The blue yarn that I made into a cake the other day I have used up completely. :yay:woo:yay That adds another +1 to my score this week which makes my total score for the week so far at a +4. Now to hurry up and finish so I can get back to my hats and possible add more to my score this week.

:oops:2blush I was so excited about being on the last round of my over sized lapghan that I forgot I was in the Boxing Day CAL 2012 thread instead of the Stashbusting CAL 2012

:cheer:cheer:cheerHi Ladies:

I got some great surprising news for you all.... I am on cloud 9 :c9:c9

I am the proud owner and recipient of the Daisy's afghan that Dorothy made and showed photos of it here....

Wow i cant beleive how beautiful it is in person...

Its awesome and lovely and so soft and warm....

Thank you sooooo much Dorothy for such lovely gift and for your friendship as well..

God bless your kind heart

hugs

Lillibet

How wonderful for you and how lovely of Dorothy to send it to you.

Oh MooMoo/Lillibet, how exciting. What a blessing you have received. :hug:manyheart

I am on the last round of my over sized lapghan. :yay:woo:yay The blue yarn that I made into a cake the other day I have used up completely. :yay:woo:yay That adds another +1 to my score this week which makes my total score for the week so far at a +4. Now to hurry up and finish so I can get back to my hats and possible add more to my score this week.

:oops:2blush I was so excited about being on the last round of my over sized lapghan that I forgot I was in the Boxing Day CAL 2012 thread instead of the Stashbusting CAL 2012

:lol:lol:lol

Everyones stuff looks great. I have not had any time at all to crochet. Between the kids, work, school and general things that mommys and wives have to do I have no time for myself anymore. I think I am going to cut my work schedule back some soon. My classes are getting harder and I think I need to spend more time working on those and not working as much.

I am so proud of everyone, crocheting up a storm. It is inspiring. I am currently trying to finish a BIG afghan for my tall son, then I will make a hat or two. I have two more stripes for the original plan, but have plenty of the second color, so I may go for 3 more stripes. I can do a stripe a day, if I work at it. Here's hoping I make progess and finish this weekend.

basjordan/beth I understand what you are going through trying to finish a "big" project. Keep it up and it will get done.

Now Kathy/tnkycrochetnut you are in the Boxing Day CAL 2012 - :yay:woo:yay I finished my over sized lapghan this morning (2/3/2012). I was on the last round and last side yesterday evening but had to quit to fix supper. After supper I just did not do any crocheting. I do have to check on my ends before I can say its done. I crocheted over my ends as I went along but some are sticking out. I will do that tomorrow. Today I am working on a UBW cap that I was working on before starting my lapghan. Just about done with it to. Oh happy day!!!!

basjordan/beth I understand what you are going through trying to finish a "big" project. Keep it up and it will get done.

Now Kathy/tnkycrochetnut you are in the Boxing Day CAL 2012 - :yay:woo:yay I finished my over sized lapghan this morning (2/3/2012). I was on the last round and last side yesterday evening but had to quit to fix supper. After supper I just did not do any crocheting. I do have to check on my ends before I can say its done. I crocheted over my ends as I went along but some are sticking out. I will do that tomorrow. Today I am working on a UBW cap that I was working on before starting my lapghan. Just about done with it to. Oh happy day!!!!

:cheer:clap:yay:yay:woo:bow:jumpyay:h5

Finished my "UBW" cap last night. It was made using RHSS Shaded Dusk. Ater I leave C'ville today I hope to start on another cap. Just don't know what pattern I will be using.

We decided we are moving down south in the next 4-6 months. I started going through some of my things and WOW!!! I have about 6+ baby blankets that need ends tucked in, multiple squares, scarves and hats. I have to get them together and get them out so I know what kind of yarn stash I am looking at. But here is my big issue that I need some help with....I made a quilt afghan, queen size and about half the ends are tucked in, what do I do with that?? Do you think anyone would take it and finish it up or should I just scrap it?

After I left C'ville on February 4th, I started a simple beanie using RHSS in Petal Pink, Light Raspberry, and Cafe. Finished it and now on another beanie using RHSS Plum Pudding and Light Orchid. Keep up the good work everyone.

Mary! Ephedrine, helping people get stuff done for centuries!!

Susan, love your pictures. The grannies square colors are so pretty, but I almost fell off my chair when I saw the blue and white strips. Someone donated a big bag of yarn to me and it had a nearly completed project just like that!! Same colors too. I didn't have the pattern to finish it and even posted it here for input. It is in a pile of stuff to go to a nursing home or shelter as a shawl because it's kind of long and skinny. The woman who gave it to me lost interest in it and told me to tear it out and use the yarn for cat mats. I just couldn't!!

Finished my beanie cap late yesterday afternoon. Will be starting a new cap today but will be using a new pattern for me. I wanted to try different patterns for my caps this year. The pattern I want to try is linked on CPC and is called "Anything but Drab." Its designer is Marie Ann. She is a resident of C'ville using the name of LdyJarhead. I am not sure if she post much on C'ville anymore as she does some blogs and other writing on the internet. Usually when I crochet something new it takes me longer the first time. We will see with this one as the pattern seems simple enough.

Finished my beanie cap late yesterday afternoon. Will be starting a new cap today but will be using a new pattern for me. I wanted to try different patterns for my caps this year. The pattern I want to try is linked on CPC and is called "Anything but Drab." Its designer is Marie Ann. She is a resident of C'ville using the name of LdyJarhead. I am not sure if she post much on C'ville anymore as she does some blogs and other writing on the internet. Usually when I crochet something new it takes me longer the first time. We will see with this one as the pattern seems simple enough.

that is a pretty pattern that I've wanted to make too.

I have been having fun with the UBW hat pattern and changing things up and adding stuff so they aren't all the same. Need to get a few pics of the last one

Archived