Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

Sorry, I wasn't feeling very good and ended up playing Pogo games most of the day when I wasn't napping. Oh! We found out that the twins are girls! Time to start looking at patterns!

Twin girls are great!!! I wouldn't trade mine in for anything. Congrats! I love the little booties that tie. They can't kick them off!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wnet to the cancer center yestrerday to be with my friend. i brought 3 hats with me and made 2 more while I was there. When I left there was only one hat! It kwas very neat and very satisfying!

I lov seeing things that I have made being used. I see it a lot when I pick my kids up from school.

I'd rather shop for anything beside going to work!!! I played hooky yesterday since I've done almost 40 hours OT on my last check. I finished up 4 skeins of of yarn on a few hats. Thank goodness that novelty yarn is gone!! Now off to the dentist and to work....fun day I've got planned.....trade???

Going with mom to the doctor and then we are taking sis to the doctor. Went grocery shopping yesterday. After we go to the doctors not sure what we are doing. I'm with you I hate grocery shopping. Being on a budget its hard to buy groceries. You want so much more than you can afford, and usually end up spending more than you should any way.

Oh haven't crocheted since Tuesday morning.

I'd rather shop for anything beside going to work!!! I played hooky yesterday since I've done almost 40 hours OT on my last check. I finished up 4 skeins of of yarn on a few hats. Thank goodness that novelty yarn is gone!! Now off to the dentist and to work....fun day I've got planned.....trade???

WTG on both the hats and using up yarn. I still have a bunch of novelty yarn to use up, and I find it very hard to crochet with. I used it doubled up with regular WW yarn to make kids hats last year. Probably should consider doing that again this winter.

Twin girls are great!!! I wouldn't trade mine in for anything. Congrats! I love the little booties that tie. They can't kick them off!

I'll definitely put those booties on my list! :hook

Ugg... off to work then to the grocery store. I deeply dislike going to the store for grocerys. Would much rather go yarn shopping.

Yarn shopping is much more fun! :lol

WTG on the hats! UGH, good luck at the dentist! yeah, I'll keep my day, thanks! :lol

Going with mom to the doctor and then we are taking sis to the doctor. Went grocery shopping yesterday. After we go to the doctors not sure what we are doing. I'm with you I hate grocery shopping. Being on a budget its hard to buy groceries. You want so much more than you can afford, and usually end up spending more than you should any way.

Oh haven't crocheted since Tuesday morning.

Good luck at the drs!

Dorothy, that afghan is amazing. It takes me a good solid week to make just one daisy square. I have to read every step very carefully! And I still end up frogging.

Mary, great hats! Such a great pattern and nice colors.

I have done "zero" his week. My job has been a nightmare. Been home late every night. Today I grabbed my crochet bag because I had to stop and get allergy shots this morning. Sat fuming during my wait time because my hook was not in the bag! I plan to blame one of the cats for that!

3 more hats! Not sure yet where they will all go, but some will go to the cancer center. One may have to be donated to ladies night at church. The dark pink has a flower I made for it..can I FIND it?? nooooo sheesh

post-35596-135897724162_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897724166_thumb.jpg

post-35596-13589772417_thumb.jpg

Dorothy, that afghan is amazing. It takes me a good solid week to make just one daisy square. I have to read every step very carefully! And I still end up frogging.

Mary, great hats! Such a great pattern and nice colors.

I have done "zero" his week. My job has been a nightmare. Been home late every night. Today I grabbed my crochet bag because I had to stop and get allergy shots this morning. Sat fuming during my wait time because my hook was not in the bag! I plan to blame one of the cats for that!

Thank you! I am working on the border right now. I have tried several colors on it and none look right to me so I am just going to do a couple of rounds of white. I like the pattern but I don't think I will ever do it again. I found that once I had done several I had the pattern down.

As far as your hook being gone. this is what I do. I always keep a ball of cotton and a h hook in the glove box. then no matter what I always have something to do. Even if it is only a dish cloth or a pot holder.

Mary, love the hats. I like the first pic, the two together. That pattern is gorgeous! They are all pretty, but those are my favorites.

babypoohsmom - we blame the cats for about everything we can't find here. Poor cats! I used to keep an emergency crochet bag in my car until my kids started borrowing my car. :sigh They grow up too fast!

3 more hats! Not sure yet where they will all go, but some will go to the cancer center. One may have to be donated to ladies night at church. The dark pink has a flower I made for it..can I FIND it?? nooooo sheesh

Those are very nice hats.

I'm working on a scarf for my granddaughter then I'll be back to the graphghan I've been working on and some share-a-squares.

Love the hats. So pretty. :hug

I finally got to crochet last night. :yay I finished yellow square #7 and did square #8. Hope to get the last two done today. Sometime soon I will try to get pictures made of my squares and my WIP big granny. I start back to school on Tuesday so not sure when though.

Keep :crocheting everyone.

Its been a long week, didn't really get much done until yesterday.

A friend of mine works at the local free clinic. She asked if I had any hats and scarves they could have; they have a list of clients a mile long who have next to nothing. I didn't have much made up.. So I cheated. :devil

I got out my handy dandy rotary cutter and raided my fleece stock pile.. then went and raided the one at Joanns (yay Christmas gift cards lol). I made up 25 hat and scarf sets out of fleece(15 adult, 10 kid). I managed to sew my hand to the fleece only once.. that's a record for me :lol

I dropped them off this morning, and 4 were out the door before I left.

:D I always go to fleece when I want to feel like I did something lol.

Nice hats!!!

A friend of mine works at the local free clinic. She asked if I had any hats and scarves they could have; they have a list of clients a mile long who have next to nothing. I didn't have much made up.. So I cheated. :devil

I got out my handy dandy rotary cutter and raided my fleece stock pile.. then went and raided the one at Joanns (yay Christmas gift cards lol). I made up 25 hat and scarf sets out of fleece(15 adult, 10 kid). I managed to sew my hand to the fleece only once.. that's a record for me :lol

Wow, that's a lot of hat/scarf sets! Good job only sewing your hand once! I always manage to sew mine a few times too! :lol

Wow, what a lot of things to make in a short time.

Beautiful!

Everyone's things look amazing!

Here is what I have done so far:

post-30595-13589772427_thumb.jpeg

3 Adult Hats

3 Preemie hats

5 Baby Hats

2 Kerchiefs

3 Washcloths

I wil be donating all of it to my aunt's program.

She is a missionary to Africa and I am making things for her to take over in June.

Everyone's things look amazing!

Here is what I have done so far:

[ATTACH]49817[/ATTACH]

3 Adult Hats

3 Preemie hats

5 Baby Hats

2 Kerchiefs

3 Washcloths

I wil be donating all of it to my aunt's program.

She is a missionary to Africa and I am making things for her to take over in June.

Wow, you've accomplished such a lot. Nice work.

Archived