Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

Dorothy, I'd love to see your afghan. I have two afghan WIPS, both meant for me, one is a 63 squares afghan from the book of the same name, and I've been working on it for years! The other is the Learn to Knit afghan, and it is also an old project.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dorothy, nice spiral blanket and I love the bright cheery hat.

And the strip afghan looks amazing already. I can see the stitches ok.

My camera is messed up so I have been taking pictures with my phone. They post a little small, but do the trick!

Ok ladies. I have lost my mind. I would like to do a thread bedspread for my daughters hope chest. She wants her bedroom in dark blue and turquoise. So if you could be so kind as to help me look for a pattern that would look good in those colors it would be great.

Dorothy, I don't think you are crazy. I think you really love your daughter! I don't have any thread patterns, but I wish you luck, and I hope you will show us whatever you end up doing. :hug

Currently I am thinking of enlarging a tablecloth pattern but I am not sure. Finding the thread alone is going to be difficult. If I go with this pattern I need 25 balls of each color.

Dorothy, that's an ambitious project for sure!!! I wish I could make something bigger than a snowflake with thread, but I just can't work with thread for more than a few minutes at a time.

I've seen nice bedspread patterns in older magazines, like Workbasket, and I think some of the older patterns can be found online. Another option would be to find a lacy square pattern and see if you can make that work. A lot of the bedspread patterns that I've seen are made of squares.

Ok ladies. I have lost my mind. I would like to do a thread bedspread for my daughters hope chest. She wants her bedroom in dark blue and turquoise. So if you could be so kind as to help me look for a pattern that would look good in those colors it would be great.

Wow, that's quite an undertaking. Good luck if you decide to do it. I tried thread crochet once, was just too complicated for me.

Well I took in those Badger and Packer hats on Friday. The hospital had just delivered a little boy a few hours before I got there, and gave him one of the Badger hats. He looked so cute in it!

That brings my total for the week to 26 hats, 3 blankets, 6 baby sweaters, and a baby cocoon.

I saw someone wearing a Bucky Badger hat yesterday http://www.pipefittermadison.com/wp-content/images-cool-stuff/bucky-badger-winter-hat-madison.jpg

They only come in adult and kid sizes, sooo... here is my original pattern for a baby Bucky Badger hat lol.

post-56635-135897722783_thumb.jpg

post-56635-135897722786_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's quite an undertaking. Good luck if you decide to do it. I tried thread crochet once, was just too complicated for me.

Well I took in those Badger and Packer hats on Friday. The hospital had just delivered a little boy a few hours before I got there, and gave him one of the Badger hats. He looked so cute in it!

That brings my total for the week to 26 hats, 3 blankets, 6 baby sweaters, and a baby cocoon.

I saw someone wearing a Bucky Badger hat yesterday http://www.pipefittermadison.com/wp-content/images-cool-stuff/bucky-badger-winter-hat-madison.jpg

They only come in adult and kid sizes, sooo... here is my original pattern for a baby Bucky Badger hat lol.

Great job! The badger hats look so cute.

:heart the hats. I have started on my afghan. I have done 6 yellow granny squares. Started on number 7 and got all but the last side done and the skein ran out. :sigh:yell:irk:grump Hopefully I have some more yellow. Not sure will have to get out my big storage tote.

Glad everyone is doing so good.

Working on a scarf to go with the cap (RHSS magenta and petal pink) I finished the other day. The stripes on the scarf run the length of the scarf. I think I will make it seven (7) stripes wide - four (4) magenta and three (3) petal pink. I really need to start crocheting faster. I am not going to call it a New Year's resolution but a goal for the New Year. I want to crochet faster and not stop every few stitches to admire my work. Just keep stitching away.

Oh those Badger hats! See how excited we get over pictures around here? They are so cute. Badgers play later today! Go WI!

I forgot who that was that did the craft show, but good for you! It's so hard to find good craft shows anymore. Most of them are piled high with junk from Oriental Trading. Looks like you had a nice variety.

Hello Ladies! Today I am going to try to finish the dasiy square afghan that I was working on I have 3 rows assembled now if I could just get the rest done. It is for a friend here on the ville we do our Christmas at the end of January. I will take a pic of it if I can get it finished. Not to mention that I am feeling very old today! My baby turned 16. She is also a member here Taylor Lynn :bday

Hello Ladies! Today I am going to try to finish the dasiy square afghan that I was working on I have 3 rows assembled now if I could just get the rest done. It is for a friend here on the ville we do our Christmas at the end of January. I will take a pic of it if I can get it finished. Not to mention that I am feeling very old today! My baby turned 16. She is also a member here Taylor Lynn :bday

:party:cake:birthday:bday

Can't wait to see your pic.

Archived