Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

Well, I don't have pics. I delivered 3 more on Tuesday. So that's 21 sent out to our local Christus Schumpert, and 1 on hand for the hospital where I work. They have just started a Linus program chapter here. The ones I had been working on were mostly more "adult" colors. The RR I have ready for them is white, pink, green and turquoise. I have two more started - one with RRSS Sunshine print and a variety of bright reds, oranges and yellows (you need sunglasses), and one more sober one in white, yellow, lavender and light blue.

I was going to crank them out in November, but my November just got really stuffed with a lot of other stuff I'm going to have to do. Still, I hope to have them done by the end of the year, and a few friends to go with them. I'm off all Thanksgiving week, and I'll be so tired by then all I'll be able to do is sit and crochet mindless round ripples :lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't kept really good track this last few months but I am getting together a system.....I have a binder and now a local group that donates to various causes around town here. I did manager to finish up two lapghans and working on the third. I am thinking about giving them to the local hospice.

So, who has been hanging out at the charity blitz CAL? Here are the cat mats I made this weekend. Sorry they always look the same as last time!

[ATTACH]60292[/ATTACH]

are they double or triple strand? They look so comfy for the pretty kitties!

I finally finished all the other stuff I was asked to make. One scarf I started, ripped, started, ripped so often I'm sure I could have done a whole lapghan in less time. I have no forward progress to report, in fact, backward progress. I frogged all of one I started. I just didn't like one of the colors with it. Still, it's a presentable showing for the year, and I should get a another two or three done.

babypoohsmom - your cat mats are always great. I never found anyone to make them for that was rather disappointing. The one place I did locate took some without much enthusiasm, but really wanted big dog mats - about the size of the apghans I make for the hospice. At that point, I'll just make the lapghans. I was hoping to be able to use up some scraps that way, but I've reconciled myself to having to make some lapghans with small squares - my penance for being too yarn miserly to just throw small scraps away.

I think my YTD total is 21 delivered, 2 ready for delivery, but I'll have to double check that for a final total at the end of the year.

They are triple. They are very thick and stand up well to all of the washing.

What did you mean by the binder??

very nice!

So my binder has....

-patterns in plastic sleeves

-addresses

-area for photos

-calendar to note when I send things out and cost

Donna, I think I do remember you mentioning several months ago or more that you got a flat reception to your cat mats. The adoption leads fight over mine (when I don't need them at my store that is - we have cats from our shelter in residence at Petsmart stores and Petsmart is cheap about giving us any bedding.) I enjoy using scraps and seeing how the mats change when a new color arrives. I almost wish I had smaller scraps. I get most of my yarn not from cast off's from my projects, but from the Goodwill, etc. Because of bed bugs, I wash the crud out of anything I get in hot water and with bleach. Most yarn survives this test, but I have killed a few wool skeins before! Oops!

Susan, I did SO good at tracking the numbers in my signature until about June and then sometime in September I realized I hadn't updated it in a long time and my counts now are all off. But I will resolve to try harder next year! Your binder sounds like a dream to me!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the last two lapghans I made. The RR has green, blue and purple, but the blue and purple look alike in the photo.

This makes my total to date 24. I am certain I will be able to finish one more by Christmas since there isn't a lot left to do on it. Outer rounds of some of the granny squares and assembly. A few squares are already completed and sewn together. This one has every row a different color (moan) and all the bazillion ends are already woven in.

I don't have internet at home, and tomorrow is my last day at work until Jan 2 (hooray!!), so I'm going to go on and count that one WIP as a done deal for the purpose of this thread. It will be delivered right after the first of the year.

So my 2012 total is:

25 Lapghans and baby blankets

:clap :clap :clap That's more than I've ever done in a year!

post-39480-135897791624_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897791627_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My totals aren't nearly as impressive:

6 premie ghans for NICU

6 full size baby blankets, 4 baby dresses, 12 baby hats, 8 pairs of booties, 3 sweaters for the pregnancy resource center

Approx 25 items for Hurricane Sandy victims, mostly hats, scarves and mittens, but a few washcloths too.

1 lap blanket for nursing home

Archived