Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

I have a notebook too. When I finish a lapghan it gets a page with pattern name, yarn, finished size, #rows sometimes or pattern repeats, date finished - just general notes to remind me of what worked and didn't if I do the pattern again. This lets me double check the numbers in my signature here too.

In the signature, I finally decided to divide them by items delivered (that I always forget) and items finished and waiting delivery (that I can check by looking). When I send them off, I just adjust the numbers. It would be a lot harder if I did small things like hate or animal snugglies.

I finally finished the daisy round ripple. I'll get a pic up of that next week. I'm also almost finished with another spiderweb baby blanket, but ran out of the color a few rows from the end :angry The plan is to make a Walmart run after work tonight and pick up a skein and get that finished up in the next few days.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!!! It's finally going to be under 100 here but we have that blasted humidity to go with it. My plan is to stay inside, put on a good movie and crochet.

I finished one preemie afghan and working on the second. I have clearance yarn for two more. I really like working on them, it's a quick-pick up and the yarn is so soft.

I finished another baby blanket, a shell pattern. I'll try to get pics of the last three up next week. I'm about 1/4 finished with another in the same pattern. I can do one with two skeins of RHSS and it's a great stashbuster. The two I've finished are in Aruba Sea and Pale Yellow, the current one is Honeydew. Once I finish that one, before the Olympics, I hope, I'll switch back to lapghans.

Ok, here are the last baby blankets I've done. And that's all of them for now. It's back to hospice lapghans. I have one of those almost finished. Another couple of days and it will be done. I think then I'd better stop and clean my apartment before the Olympics begin, because I set my goal so absurdly high, I'll be lucky to get dishes washed!

The shell colors didn't come out too well - they are RHSS Pale Yellow and Honeydew.

post-39480-135897769503_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897769505_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897769508_thumb.jpg

post-39480-13589776951_thumb.jpg

I love that aqua one...is that a spider stitch?

I was thinking of doing a few scarves for the special olympics this year. My state is not on the list but some of the colors are so fun and bright to work with = )

Donna, I just love those shells. I have two afghans started. That beautiful pattern makes me want to make it three!

Here is what I pushed to get done during the charity CAL weekend. Two cat mats and some other stuff that I make from the fleece. I also finished a hat which is AWOL.

post-13802-135897770524_thumb.jpg

post-13802-135897770527_thumb.jpg

Donna, You did such a nice job on all those baby blankets. I adore the daisy one. That is art. (They are all art.)

Denise, I must say those fleece items look incredibly cuddly. Great work. So glad you share pictures.

Thanks for all the complements. Someone liked everything!

Yes, the aqua one is a spiderweb pattern. It's actually from the Leisure Arts Our Best Baby Afghans, "Itsy-Bitsy Spiderweb". The shells are from 154 Crochet Wave Patterns, "Cancun Waves" modified to make the second row of the shell solid.

Yesterday I handed these off to the person who delivers them, so I am now out of the baby blanket business for a while. It's back to lapghans - I commited to do four (four!) for the Olympics challenge. I've finished the first - the same spiderweb pattern in RHSS soft white. The second is about 2/3 finished. Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow - it's going be completely dedicated to the great crochet marathon.

:cheer:cheer my 100 hats for the homeless are finished :cheer:cheer

when 17 were given to Canada,I had to start a re count so all total 117 for boxing day so far

I'll still continue to make hats,I'll just have to find somewhere else to give them to,maybe Salvation Army or the Up Center

I finished three of the lapghans I committed to for the Olympics, and it looks like I may be able to finish the fourth. Whew! It's been some fast and furious crocheting.

I delivered six lapghans on Tuesday, so everything I've done has been sent. I'm shooting for 14 more before the end of the year, but don't know if I'll make it. If life doesn't "happen" I may.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest - I finished it this morning. The colors are RHSS Seagrass, Cafe, Honeydew (that never, ever looks green in my pics), and Country Blue. In person, the colors are really nice together - it's more colorful than it looks here.

post-39480-135897775049_thumb.jpg

Wow Donna, that looks great. When you click on it and look at the bigger picture, the colors really stand out. Very nice!

Here are some cat mats that got finished up during the Olympics. THe one with the matching colors is my moms. The two scrappy ones are mine.

post-13802-135897775054_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I finished up another lapghan, but don't have a picture yet. I've been doing a few things I've actually been paid for (!), and now I just got a yarn winder and I'm playing Madly Wind Everything Up Because It's So Much Fun, but should soon get back to hospice/Linus projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Mom is still in the hospital, but still working the hook. She made these three mats this week. She finally used up the pounders and I had to take her more yarn. The kitties are going to be happy to see me coming this week!

post-13802-135897781421_thumb.jpg

Archived