Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

:woo :woo Just finished my third washcloth. As soon as I get off the computer:ccomputer I will start another washcloth. They are fun to make.

Congratulations for finding something that works well for you! I need a :kick to get back to crocheting in general, and hats specifically.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been working a lot on cat beds as I had a few days off. This little set I made has a bed, a pillow, a toy and two blankets. Interesting what a gal can get done with a few days off of work. I know it's not crochet, but I hope you enjoy...

post-13802-135897762702_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Small cat beds cost a lot more than it seems they should. $7 is a good price. I can make these for about $2-3 each. Plus with all of the cute fleece out there, I can make a fun variety.

Hi! I was doing this is 2011, and fell by the wayside - I just got really busy and participation in all the forums I'm on languished, as did my crocheting. But I'm back, and would like to join this one again. As before, I'll be working on lapghans for a hospice program, and this summer I'm doing baby blankets for the hospital. I'll update my signature tomorrow with what I've done this year. Not as much as I should have, but I'm eager to forge ahead.

I wish to join in. I am trying to become part of some charites that I can make things for. One of them is for Angels for hope (we make angels, butterflies & smilies faces for people as they are requested), as well as baby items for a local charity in my area for the Active Military Families that are having babies.

I wish to join in. I am trying to become part of some charites that I can make things for. One of them is for Angels for hope (we make angels, butterflies & smilies faces for people as they are requested), as well as baby items for a local charity in my area for the Active Military Families that are having babies.

Welcome!

Wow ladies you have all been super busy. Welcome to all the new joiners. I have been slacking off sort of. Lif here has gotten out of control. Our oldest daughet was having issues in school so she droped out and is now going to the college. My husband went to Colombia for work. I am working almost 60 hours a week plus going to school. The garbage man let my Great Dane out of my back yard, it took us 8 hours to find her then she had to go the vet and get emergency care. So I am very sorry that I have been missing and I hope to go back and read all the posts I have missed later this afternoon after I am finished with work.

Ladies I need a HUGE favor... A friend of mine just called and her son was just diagnosed with cancer. He is 11. His favorite color is dark green and he is going to be needing hats. Is head measures 21 inches around. He has had one surgery already and the tumors are wraped around his spinal cord. They are hopefull that with Chemo it will shrink it enough to remove more. But.... I do not have very much time to make him hats. So I was hoping that you could help me... Pretty Please?

I finished two baby blankets and along with two others I had on land, sent them to the hospital yesterday. The first one is in RHSS pale plum, not the totally icky color in the photo. The other is RHSS lemon, a bright cheery yellow.

Dorothy, I would but I have never made a hat in my life and wouldn't know how to start. If you don't get other volunteers, send me a link to a good pattern and I'll give it a shot.

post-39480-135897766316_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897766318_thumb.jpg

Ladies I need a HUGE favor... A friend of mine just called and her son was just diagnosed with cancer. He is 11. His favorite color is dark green and he is going to be needing hats. Is head measures 21 inches around. He has had one surgery already and the tumors are wraped around his spinal cord. They are hopefull that with Chemo it will shrink it enough to remove more. But.... I do not have very much time to make him hats. So I was hoping that you could help me... Pretty Please?

Dorothy, I can make a hat for him, but I won't be able to even start it until the weekend.

I finished two baby blankets and along with two others I had on land, sent them to the hospital yesterday. The first one is in RHSS pale plum, not the totally icky color in the photo. The other is RHSS lemon, a bright cheery yellow.

Dorothy, I would but I have never made a hat in my life and wouldn't know how to start. If you don't get other volunteers, send me a link to a good pattern and I'll give it a shot.

Beautiful afghans!

Dorothy, did you get hats yet? I've been awol from the 'ville for a bit.

I have not recieved any hats for this little boy, a couple people have said they will PM me for my addy when they get a few done. I am working on a angry birds hat for him right now. If you could help that would be wonderful!!

I have been slowly working on squares, my box is getting quite full! Now I have started on a cute round ripple. I went to Michael's and just could not pass up this baby variegated with dk blue, light blue, turquoise and white PLUS there was a few skeins on clearance. It looks like I'll be working on a few baby afghans this month. My last afghan was suppose to go to Project Linus but I felt someone at work could put it to good use also.

dorothy...the only dk green I have is RHSS, is that going to be too scratchy? Let me know, I would be more than willing to whip someone up.

I have been slowly working on squares, my box is getting quite full! Now I have started on a cute round ripple. I went to Michael's and just could not pass up this baby variegated with dk blue, light blue, turquoise and white PLUS there was a few skeins on clearance. It looks like I'll be working on a few baby afghans this month. My last afghan was suppose to go to Project Linus but I felt someone at work could put it to good use also.

dorothy...the only dk green I have is RHSS, is that going to be too scratchy? Let me know, I would be more than willing to whip someone up.

Susan,

Red Heart is ok as I will was them with viniger to soften them before I give them to him. I will also use a free and clear soad to wash them. Thank You for your help. I am thinking that any boy color will be good as long as he gets a few dark green ones.

I finished another baby round ripple -- well, ends still to weave in, but I'll do that my pot of tea in the morning. I get a pic up later. I didn't have time to get one before work, and I'll be offline until next Saturday. By then, I may have another finished as well.

pineknott - you're going to run out of goal long before you run out of year. What then?

I'll continue to make hats,I just want that pledge to be finished and then there are always scarves,see I would have been on scarves for Special Olympics,but that went away,while there is still yarn stash,I'll continue to do charity crochet.

Do you ladies have any suggestion for keeping track of everything?

I have a few baby afghans and a few hats I make specifically but then I just use scraps and odds and ends for squares and send them to various places. Just about every night I sit and crochet on something.

I have a book I marked Crochetville

in there I keep track of size color and how many squares I have sent to a person with their name

I have a second book for keeping track of hats and scarves,as I finish an item I write them in there,also have tried to keep it in my signature here at the ville

my count got messed up when 14 went to Canada and my dd took three.I'm keeping a running total of all I have crocheted since 12/26 11,even if they went away& then the total of how many I have to give to Hats for the Homeless project at dd's church

hope that helps and I didn't make it too confusing

Thank you that is helpful, it gives me ideas which I was totally lost before. I was trying to remember this and that and I knew I was failing.

Archived