Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

I have finished a couple more children's UBW caps. One was done in a purple and hot pink, but depending on the light the purple sometimes looks like a burgandy. The next one I did was in a teal and a camel/warm brown color. I am now working on one done in a black and white. My hook is flying.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pineknott, love the picture of your UBW caps. Don't you just love that pattern. It is so easy and the color combinations are endless which makes each cap look different.:tup

Pineknott, love the picture of your UBW caps. Don't you just love that pattern. It is so easy and the color combinations are endless which makes each cap look different.:tup

thanks,it sure is helping use up my stash,sometimes have a hard time putting it in the donate pile.

I have finished my black and white child's UBW cap. Now am working on a brown and orange child's UBW cap. When I finish this one, I will have made 12 child's UBW caps. I think I will go to a different pattern but still making them in the child's size.

Everybody is doing great! I am crocheting toys and hats and other things for Uganda. My aunt visited the other weekend and was very happy with all the things I've made for her trip so far!

Wow, I sure have missed being in the mix. I don't know when things at work will calm down. I did the wash yesterday and realized I have 4 cat mats finished that I have not posted. Wow, I guess I did more than I thought the past two weeks. Now I need a picture!

You guys have been going like gangbusters with the hats! They all look so great. I understand how they must be hard to send away sometimes! The cold heads of the world thank you!!

I took a small bag of hats to a VA shelter in person over a year ago now, and I was shocked at how fast the guys made "dibs" on them. It was nice and a bit sad to see how happy a hat made a grown man.

Everyone is doing so GREAT!! I have not touched a crochet hook in about 3 weeks. School and work is handing me my bottom on a plate. I got my grades back for last quarter and I have a 3.86 GPA. I about had a party, I have not been in school for so long so I feel wonderfull about my grades. Unfortunatly school and work are taking all of my time.

:clap:cheer:jumpyay:woo:yay:tup:dance:flower:h5:2rock:fame:party:applause Congratulations on outstanding grades, Dorothy. Keep up the good work. While you may not have time to crochet now, the time will come when you can crochet more. When that time comes you can look back at all of your hard work and sacrifice and see that it was worth it. Keep up the good work.

Everyone is doing so GREAT!! I have not touched a crochet hook in about 3 weeks. School and work is handing me my bottom on a plate. I got my grades back for last quarter and I have a 3.86 GPA. I about had a party, I have not been in school for so long so I feel wonderfull about my grades. Unfortunatly school and work are taking all of my time.

Congratulations opn your great grades. (and I laughed when I read "handing me my bottom on a plate!"- never heard that expression before).

Ok, here I finally have pictures of the cat mats I made during the charity weekend blitz. When was that, two weeks ago? Sigh. But at least I'm moving forward. A new Goodwill opened in our neighborhood and there was a lot of yarn to be had. I won't be running out of stuff for cat mats very soon. A skein is in the wash as we speak. I stick one in with a load of laundry when I get them second had because you never know....

post-13802-135897746139_thumb.jpg

Ok, here I finally have pictures of the cat mats I made during the charity weekend blitz. When was that, two weeks ago? Sigh. But at least I'm moving forward. A new Goodwill opened in our neighborhood and there was a lot of yarn to be had. I won't be running out of stuff for cat mats very soon. A skein is in the wash as we speak. I stick one in with a load of laundry when I get them second had because you never know....

[ATTACH]53315[/ATTACH]

Love the colors of those cat mats!

Hi all, I am not sure how many people drop in on the special charity weekend, but just in case, I'll show you my recent accomplishments;

post-13802-135897748177_thumb.jpg

post-13802-135897748173_thumb.jpg

post-13802-13589774817_thumb.jpg

Getting use out of that Goodwill yarn! My mom made the one with the nice coordinated colors.

Archived